Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rifle Butting And Pistol Whipping

BlakChimera

dear DE,

I love melee 2.0 especially where we can equip up to one weapon type, but i feel its lacking a certain aspect; RIFLE BUTTING AND PISTOL WHIPPING, personally i like going into a mission with my akvasto but when the enemy gets too near and i (E) nothing happens but then i remember damn i didn't equip my melee weapon, this is where pistol whipping would come in handy and i am sure there are people out there who would love to pistol whip a Ancient Disruptor to death and use the soma to beat Captain Vor to death.

But on the flip side there might be some problems implementing this feature and i would love to hear about them in order calm my over imaginative mind.

your loyal employee,

Excalibur

p.s. Nyx isn't my sister.

Edited by ik4u

That'd be kind of neat. Something like if you have your melee off, quick melee is replaced with a generic butt attack that has like a 50-100 percent impact proc chance or a chance for knockdown.

I've been asking for this since before we had the glaive. Day of Defeat style stock strikes or bayonet jabs would be awesome. I'd like to see a simple mechanic where hip firing the weapon did the melee hit, and aiming brought the weapon up to fire. Could do the same thing for pistol + close combat weapon combos.