Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Martyr (Updated 09/04)

Kamal965

Line-Divider.png

“The Martyr”

I’m content to die for my beliefs… so cut off my head, and make me a Martyr.

The people will always remember it.

Line-Divider.png

Alad V, Chairman of the Corpus Board of Directors, stared deep into the eyes of the resistance leader before him; eyes that spoke of a strong, indomitable will. The eyes of a man that had come to terms with his upcoming death. The eyes of a man who was staring down the barrels of three Flux rifles without flinching. Despite himself, Alad couldn't help but feel a small amount of grudging respect growing for the man in front of him.

Line-Divider.png

“No. They will forget”

Line-Divider.png

With a wicked grin, Alad turned around to face the rest of the rebels - all held down at gunpoint by a squadron of Crewmen - while the rapidly cooling corpse of their leader slumped to the ground behind him. Eyeing the group with a critical eye, his happy statement of “The indoctrine temples are running low on students. I'm sure you’ll all make such a wonderful patch of Crewmen,” had them all freezing in place, feelings of shock, rage, horror and revulsion slowly settling in on all of them.

Line-Divider.png

”A man who walks with God… can walk anywhere.

Hence, I fear nothing.”

Line-Divider.png

The notching of his arrow was nearly inaudible; nearly, however, wasn’t enough when facing the Tenno. It was never enough. The four in front of him all dodged to the side farthest from his arrow, while all four’s head’s snapped in his direction. As their weapons were raised to gun him down, they all tensed when the tip of his arrow glowed a deep, blood red for but a split second before a massive explosion rocked the whole ship.

The dust settled, revealing everyone to be singed but unharmed. Staring into the faces of the four Tenno before him, the low Guardian couldn’t help the dread that crept upon him in the face of such warriors. However, a single glimpse of the golden accents on their frames sent him flying back into a whirlwind of all-consuming hate at their mockery of the old ways; their mockery of his Emperors. Hooking his bow over his back, he began to unsheath his wicked scythe, its cruel blade managing to gleam menacingly in the low-light environment.

Tenno…” he spat out, surprising the four before him at the use of his real voice - a low, hate-filled rasp, “The blood of the entire Orokin empire is on your hands. Did you really think you could elude me?!

With that, the five combatants leapt into battle. The Stalker, however, had no fear in the face of being outnumbered.

After all, his Gods were looking over him.

This fanfiction will be composed of snippets from the world of Warframe, using the lyrics of this song as inspiration. Expect more entries soon. I'd appreciate any and all criticism and reviews that would help me improve upon my skills!

Edited by Kamal965

Updated!

Line-Divider.png

”A man who walks with God… can walk anywhere.

Hence, I fear nothing.”

Line-Divider.png

The notching of his arrow was nearly inaudible; nearly, however, wasn’t enough when facing the Tenno. It was never enough. The four in front of him all dodged to the side farthest from his arrow, while all four’s head’s snapped in his direction. As their weapons were raised to gun him down, they all tensed when the tip of his arrow glowed a deep, blood red for but a split second before a massive explosion rocked the whole ship.

The dust settled, revealing everyone to be singed but unharmed. Staring into the faces of the four Tenno before him, the low Guardian couldn’t help the dread that crept upon him in the face of such warriors. However, a single glimpse of the golden accents on their frames sent him flying back into a whirlwind of all-consuming hate at their mockery of the old ways; their mockery of his Emperors. Hooking his bow over his back, he began to unsheath his wicked scythe, its cruel blade managing to gleam menacingly in the low-light environment.

Tenno…” he spat out, surprising the four before him at the use of his real voice - a low, hate-filled rasp, “The blood of the entire Orokin empire is on your hands. Did you really think you could elude me?!

With that, the five combatants leapt into battle. The Stalker, however, had no fear in the face of being outnumbered.

After all, his Gods were looking over him.