The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Mod-Sanctuary Needs Buffing.

ShiningArmor

Sanctuary is a GREAT mod to have period. But it's just so weak. Maxed out it will last around 2-4 seconds against a small group of Grineer. That's not good, because after that you're going to be eating lead and it won't taste good, not even with Greedy Milk and a bowl of Cap'n Vors. Let's buff that shield to maybe 500 health at max rank, or even 550. Heck even 450 would be better than the max 250 health, just as long as it can actually take a hit. And it's worthless against infested, so maybe make it like Frost's Snowglobe so it slows enemies inside that way it is actually effective against melee enemies such as Infested.

Sanctuary is a GREAT mod to have period. But it's just so weak. Maxed out it will last around 2-4 seconds against a small group of Grineer. That's not good, because after that you're going to be eating lead and it won't taste good, not even with Greedy Milk and a bowl of Cap'n Vors. Let's buff that shield to maybe 500 health at max rank, or even 550. Heck even 450 would be better than the max 250 health, just as long as it can actually take a hit. And it's worthless against infested, so maybe make it like Frost's Snowglobe so it slows enemies inside that way it is actually effective against melee enemies such as Infested.

For slow downs my friend you have a coolant leak :)

But it needs buffing, so does self destruct. From 600 damage blast (what you can really dish out with most of weapons quite fast, not to mention that those 600 damage do nothing vs lvl 20+ enemies). To around 1000-1500 range.

IMO:

Sanctuary should be equal to 50%/75%/100%/125% of the sentinel shields and it should apply the sentinel's armor value.

Self Destruct could deal X damage plus 50%/100%/150%/200%/250%/300% of the sentinel's weapon damage mods to that X.

It would encourage proper builds on sentinels.

Edited by The_Doc

For slow downs my friend you have a coolant leak :)

But it needs buffing, so does self destruct. From 600 damage blast (what you can really dish out with most of weapons quite fast, not to mention that those 600 damage do nothing vs lvl 20+ enemies). To around 1000-1500 range.

?!?

We're not toting around a nuke here, are we?

I like the idea of Sanctuary's values being based off the Sentinel's shield. Maybe its armor as well?

?!?

I like the idea of Sanctuary's values being based off the Sentinel's shield. Maybe its armor as well?

what if it applied all the weapon's elements to the explosion so it has a base 600 + your elemental mods since the weapon is exploding aswell it could even include fired up bonus

?!?

Even if it is a nuke, it doesn't matter. You've just lost your sentinel and you can't get it back (short of dying). It's not something you can spam.

Even if it is a nuke, it doesn't matter. You've just lost your sentinel and you can't get it back (short of dying). It's not something you can spam.

I like the way you think. It's a one-hit-wonder. I want it to count or at least do something.

On Topic: I've only had Sanctuary for about a week and I haven't had the chance to see it work but, if it is as weak you say it is, I won't be using it on any of my little buddies. I would rather use(and lose) a Specter to provide covering fire.

Sanctuary is at its peak viability in Nightmare missions.

Other than that, it's either unnecessary or completely ineffective depending on the level range of your enemies. It's yet another victim that has fallen intot he Scaling Valley: too good or not necessary at lower levels, and once it crosses that threshold where enemies actually pose a threat around Lv40-50, it stops being effective at all.

Sanctuary is at its peak viability in Nightmare missions.

Wait, what?

A elite lancer lvl 36 can dish down it's shields in ONE burst of five bullets. Do you know how fast elite lancers shoot and how many bursts they dish out during a one man revival time?

Hmm, I stand corrected. I've seen it work fine in Nightmares but I hadn't considered the Lv41s and such that can tear through it if they're all firing at you. If anything, it does grant you an extra second or so of revival, which is sometimes all you need in a no shield Nightmare.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Hmm, I stand corrected. I've seen it work fine in Nightmares but I hadn't considered the Lv41s and such that can tear through it if they're all firing at you. If anything, it does grant you an extra second or so of revival, which is sometimes all you need in a no shield Nightmare.

All you need for the enemies to mow you down.