Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Edge-Grab/climb - Make It Active Instead Of Passive?

Qeveren

Another little niggle, I suppose, but surprisingly often I find myself trying to drop down through narrow spaces only to have my Tenno helpfully grab one of the edges and haul himself back up... into the enemy fire I was trying to avoid. It's particularly comedic when I keep trying to fit, and he goes back and forth grabbing either edge each time. :D

Maybe a change so it's like wall-running, where you can hold space (or something else) to grab an appropriate ledge on collision, or something?

And while they're at it, make us be able to grab onto the top of a ledge when we're vertical-wallrunnning up it, maybe using the same grab button.

This. I can't count how many times i've gotten &!$$ed off that I back flipped instead of grabbing on the the edge of something after wall running straight up it, omg its annoying as hell. A back flip should only happen if I let go of space, other wise the warframe should try to grasp for the edge once it reaches it.

Maybe, it's my imagination but...I've hit "C" while in mid-jump and grabbed rails and stuff.

That's a super-handy way of getting to hard-to-reach spots, but you'll grab any climbable edge if you collide with it in the air whether jump-sliding or just doing a regular jump, at least in my experience. :)

Isn't C the push-to-talk button?

Hitting crouch usually lets me climb up after my warframe reaches the top. As for making edge-grab active, I'd... rather there be a button to prevent the edge-grab, to be honest. I jump down less than I climb up.

And while they're at it, make us be able to grab onto the top of a ledge when we're vertical-wallrunnning up it, maybe using the same grab button.

This can already by done. Whiled doing a vertial wallrun, to hit ctrl/crouch immediately after releasing jump.

But you can also do a forward flip over the edge instead of grabbing it. This is much quicker since grabbing the ledge slows you down. just double tab shift while doing a vertical wallrun. Don't let go of jump or sprint. When you reach the top you will flip over the ledge instead of grabbing it.

A ton of other cool pro-level moves here.

https://forums.warfr...ves-discovered/

Edited by RawGritz

This can already by done. Whiled doing a vertial wallrun, to hit ctrl/crouch immediately after releasing jump.

But you can also do a forward flip over the edge instead of grabbing it. This is much quicker since grabbing the ledge slows you down. just double tab shift while doing a vertical wallrun. Don't let go of jump or sprint. When you reach the top you will flip over the ledge instead of grabbing it.

A ton of other cool pro-level moves here.

https://forums.warfr...ves-discovered/

Yeah the Crouch at top of wallrun is what I currently do, but I'm pretty bad at it -_- and sometimes when the wall is too high, it doesn't work. (it used to work, as the crouch does a wallrun cancel that lets you jump a bit, reaching otherwise hard to reach ledges)

Forward flip I've no idea O_O I'll try that out.

Yeah the Crouch at top of wallrun is what I currently do, but I'm pretty bad at it -_- and sometimes when the wall is too high, it doesn't work. (it used to work, as the crouch does a wallrun cancel that lets you jump a bit, reaching otherwise hard to reach ledges)

Forward flip I've no idea O_O I'll try that out.

Stamina and sprint speed mods will help you climb higher on vertical wall runs.

The thing that irritates me the most is trying to jump up onto a low box that you should just be able to hop onto, only to grab the box and slowly pull yourself up. Or running up to a railing and trying to jump over it, but the jump doesn't work until you walk a little bit back from the railing.

a designer told me they are up to fix that issue. but it seems to be a internet latency problem, which has to be solved in order to make it active.

having a new button or even one of the common buttons like roll(tap-shift) or crouch to activate the intention of the tenno to hold on or climb up any edge when possible.

Edited by Kronk

The thing that irritates me the most is trying to jump up onto a low box that you should just be able to hop onto, only to grab the box and slowly pull yourself up. Or running up to a railing and trying to jump over it, but the jump doesn't work until you walk a little bit back from the railing.

You described my more major gripe about the movement system and in so few words. Cheers, good sir!

I had the problem with backflipping when I was trying to climb. I found it was because I released space too early. If I just keep space held down then I find I always maneuver over the top as intended. (pressing crouch at the top also works). And when I want to do the backflip in order to reach ledges behind me double-tapping space lets me complete that maneuver consistently.