The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Primes

MlSTGUN

When do you guys think the last primed warframe is going to be? Did DE ever state when they will stop making primed frames? Cause it wouldn't make sense to make a primed frame like valkyr because if you prime her it would revert her back to her true form sense she was captured by Alad V and stripped of her original powers.

Edit: Also how would we determine which frames could be primed or not?

I actually think that would be a GREAT idea for Val Prime.  Show us the tenno she was before Salad V got his lettuce-y hands on her.

So what are the parameters to be primed?

From what i see the only way to be primed is for the frame to be part of the orokin era.

Exactly that. The "regular" warframes we use are mass produced versions crafted by the Tenno/Lotus. The "Prime" frames are the Orokin originals.

The common argument that we won't get a Nova Prime is because she was an original Tenno design in the current time period. (nicely meta backed up because the design council chose her theme/abilities/name ;))

I honestly think we're forgetting something.

Orokin sentries. What if a Valkyr was captured at one point and was converted into a "prime" by the sentry and said Valkyr "Prime" was rescued and the effects of the sentry were cleared of her mind, but the effects on her body and armor couldn't be reversed.

Ding.

no

Well we know primes cannot be Nova nor Zephyr, but Valkyr could receive a prime version of what she was before.

And am I the only one who thinks that Oberon should have been a prime, with no 'regular' 'frame?  It would fit what little we know about him (other tenno regarding him as a myth, which means he wasnt around a lot).

I actually think that would be a GREAT idea for Val Prime.  Show us the tenno she was before Salad V got his lettuce-y hands on her.

The issue, as was pointed, is her abilities would be RADICALLY different. If they introduced additional abilities for the Frames I could see it happening, but as it is right now.

no

Agreed with Antoine, that's not how Primes work.

I just read the edited post made by CanonessDeTylmarande.

And yes, Zephyr could totally be made a Prime as Oxium is stated as "rediscovered" and not "recently discovered" as I remembered.

As for Valkyr:

From the The hunt for Alad V thread.

In Zephyr's case, the blurb seems to intimate that while the alloy is rediscovered, it seems that it was in an experimental stage for the Orokin and they never got around to doing anything with it.  Further in the blurb, it states that this alloy could be a cornerstone for New Warframe Designs, implying that the 'frame built from it, Zephyr, is a New 'Frame, like Nova.

In Valkyr's case, I agree.  She's an Old 'Frame (named that way by her lore), but instead of what others have suggested (that she's one of the current Old 'Frames, just really messed up), I say her Prime version should be completetely different from her current incarnation.  Maybe even a Sword/shield or spear wielding warrior goddess more befitting her name, perhaps?

Edited by Grayfigure

The issue, as was pointed, is her abilities would be RADICALLY different. If they introduced additional abilities for the Frames I could see it happening, but as it is right now.

Never know. The lore might just go wooblywoobly on us like it has in the past and it would make sense.

Im ok with that though.  While I have no problem with her current name and theme, the name Valkyr doesn't immediately scream berserker to me.  So maybe the prime version would go further to explain her naming orgins, backing it up with thematic powers.

In Zephyr's case, the blurb seems to intimate that while the alloy is rediscovered, it seems that it was in an experimental stage for the Orokin and they never got around to doing anything with it.  Further in the blurb, it states that this alloy could be a cornerstone for New Warframe Designs, implying that the 'frame built from it, Zephyr, is a New 'Frame, like Nova.

In Valkyr's case, I agree.  She's an Old 'Frame (named that way by her lore), but instead of what others have suggested (that she's one of the current Old 'Frames, just really messed up), I say her Prime version should be completetely different from her current incarnation.  Maybe even a Sword/shield or spear wielding warrior goddess more befitting her name, perhaps?

Dude, hold up a minute. No Prime frame is radically different from it's regular copy. None. You're still missing what the Primes are, and the design choices behind them. The thing that is the most radical is the helmet, but even then it's very similar in shape to the original. Powers are the same. And again, there's no point even considering a Valkyr Prime until there's a regular, unaltered Valkyr that has all its armor. It's also not a suggestion that she's a frame that's been messed up. She is a frame that's had it's armor stripped off. The only glimpse of what that armor looked like is the teal side of her face, which has the helmet, and Zanuka, which shares that teal color. Her Prime version, if she's got one, would have a black/white and gold version of the unaltered frame.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Dude, hold up a minute. No Prime frame is radically different from it's regular copy. None. You're still missing what the Primes are, and the design choices behind them. The thing that is the most radical is the helmet, but even then it's very similar in shape to the original. Powers are the same. And again, there's no point even considering a Valkyr Prime until there's a regular, unaltered Valkyr that has all its armor. It's also not a suggestion that she's a frame that's been messed up. She is a frame that's had it's armor stripped off. The only glimpse of what that armor looked like is the teal side of her face, which has the helmet, and Zanuka, which shares that teal color. Her Prime version, if she's got one, would have a black/white and gold version of the unaltered frame.

But supposedly the powers she uses now are the result of the rage.

No im not.  Whats being overlooked is whats stated about Valkyr: what was done to her did not just change her physically, but physiologically as well.  If you look at the blurb for her, its very careful to not state anything about her original form.  And it also implies that her rage in combat and effciency at killing is a byproduct of the Zanuka project.  As we all know, 'Prime' basically means Orokin made 'Frame (in my mind the original version of the 'frame, with the tenno made 'frame version coming later), so it could be stated that Val's prime version may have been, for reasons unknown, locked in cryo before a tenno version was made of the 'frame. (It could explain why we don't see any versions of pre-Zanuka Tenno-made Valkyr: it never got that far), and the Corpus got their hands on it before the tenno could awaken it and copy its parameters. That could also explain why all tenno wearing a Val 'frame are wearing a post-Zanuka Val 'frame: perhaps she was the only example of the Val 'frame found that survived Zanuka Project, and the specs are simply copied from her mutilated 'frame, due to the fact of how bloody effective it is.

perhaps she was the only example of the Val 'frame found that survived Zanuka Project, and the specs are simply copied from her mutilated 'frame, due to the fact of how bloody effective it is.

But in order to get the full Valkyr package, the tenno inside the frame needs to be mentally scarred as well - otherwise we end up with a chilled out tenno in the Valkyr frame that isn't particularly bothered about the whole 'Get angry and punch people until they bleed out of their eye sockets' thing.

Does that mean that we have to impersonate the Corpus and torture every new Valkyr produced just to get them equally messed up as the original? If so then that's creepy as hell / kind of interesting from a lore perspective.

Edited by Cybernetix

But in order to get the full Valkyr package, the tenno inside the frame needs to be mentally scarred as well - otherwise we end up with a chilled out tenno in the Valkyr frame that isn't particularly bothered about the whole 'Get angry and punch people until they bleed out of their eye sockets' thing.

Does that mean that we have to impersonate the Corpus and torture every new Valkyr produced just to get them equally messed up as the original? If so then that's creepy as hell / kind of interesting from a lore perspective.

Interesting point brought up. Makes me wonder if there is some sort of integration or inheritance of traits as we take on each Warframe. Bah! We need more lore! 

I understand that with the way things have been why someone would question there being a Valkyr Prime. Honestly, they could set up a Prime with different abilities because it would fit with the lore they set up with the Corpus having captured and experimented on her. The way I look at her situation is the Corpus may have tried to turn her into a weapon for them and when that failed they started stripping her down to make something they could control. Would go with the Control collar that Alad wears for Zanuka.

Had Excal Prime not been so exclusive I would have said they may have missed an opportunity to fit that role from the beginning. Seeing how the Tenno never were able to copy exact tech specifications perhaps they weren't able to copy the powers properly as well.

I vaguely remember hearing, either here on the forums, or a livestream, that everyone up to Vauban would get a prime.

Meaning the most recent frames, Valkyr, Oberon, Neckros, zepher, & Hydroid would not.

Well if the dev's stated that in the livestream than it's most likely true. Sort of.

Well, we don't know WHAT is used to pair tenno with 'frame.  Perhaps a psych profile.  Perhaps something....deeper.  A connection of the soul type thing perhaps.  This is open to interpretation.  Im of the opinion that a tenno gets a warframe that 'fits' them, somehow.  So, are ALL Valkyrs broken in the same way that allows them to follow the exact same path to rage?  no.  But I do believe that all valkyrs do have something in them that leads them easily to rage or passion, allowing the val 'frame to best express this element of their nature.

In Zephyr's case, the blurb seems to intimate that while the alloy is rediscovered, it seems that it was in an experimental stage for the Orokin and they never got around to doing anything with it. Further in the blurb, it states that this alloy could be a cornerstone for New Warframe Designs, implying that the 'frame built from it, Zephyr, is a New 'Frame, like Nova.

In Valkyr's case, I agree. She's an Old 'Frame (named that way by her lore), but instead of what others have suggested (that she's one of the current Old 'Frames, just really messed up), I say her Prime version should be completetely different from her current incarnation. Maybe even a Sword/shield or spear wielding warrior goddess more befitting her name, perhaps?

If I recall, the Nikana uses Oxium, and the Nikana is known to be a "lost Tenno blade." I suppose that might be enough to speculate? Edited by GaleRoar

If I recall, the Nikana uses Oxium, and the Nikana is known to be a "lost Tenno blade." I suppose that might be enough to speculate?

A blade seems like it would be quite easy to make in comparison. Lot's of speculation as to when the Orokin discovered the alloy and how long they had to work with it before we dropped the beatdown. I'm kind of wondering now that we are talking about this. The stalker is said to have been around since the time of the Orokin as well. Between that and us being from that time period, how feasible would it be that knowledge or tools of creating Orokin weapons would still be around somewhere. We already find the blueprints to recreate Orokin Weapons and so we've proven we have the tools to create them as well as warframes. We also have proven we have all the resources we need to do so. What's to stop us from making new "Orokin weapons and frames" as a way to regain that former glory and return to our roots.