Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Update?

the problem is, they don't even send the ps4 version to cert when the pc version is updated. so not only are we behind because of cert, DE doesn't even have much to send off until afterward. yea it's nice to not worry about the pc issues but it's still annoying that PC got version 13, then 13.2  while ps4 is still on 12.4. pc got 13.2 before update 13 was submitted to sony.

I'd rather to be kept in the dark and get a few info each week than be told a day and if it does not happened and wait more and more days to get mad and start saying " Wheres the update DE you said it would be out (X) hours ago".

So you would be happier playing for a month and a half not having a clue if the last big update to hit PC will ever be released on Ps4? 

I'll spell this out in as simple terms as possible, DE make the game, DE create an update, DE know it will likely take so many hours/days/weeks to port said update to Ps4, they also know the likely timeframe the update would spend in cert, they then add on say another few days as a kind of buffer... They then have a timeframe.  They can work to their deadline knowing that in the event of problems they have a few days worth of a buffer to keep things running smooth.  Update is released for PC as work starts on porting the Ps4 version, we could recieve ours a month later, but at least we'd know when it's due to be released. 

the problem is, they don't even send the ps4 version to cert when the pc version is updated. so not only are we behind because of cert, DE doesn't even have much to send off until afterward. yea it's nice to not worry about the pc issues but it's still annoying that PC got version 13, then 13.2  while ps4 is still on 12.4. pc got 13.2 before update 13 was submitted to sony.

U13 was submitted before 13.2 was on pc. This is a huge update that could break our consoles if they didnt work out as many bugs as possible before sending it to cert. I remember when we got one of our last updates peoples systems were crashing and the game was pretty much broken and they had to quickly put a hot fix in and that was a much smaller update. Were getting two entirely new systems in melee 2.0 and the dark sectors thats a lot of stuff that can go wrong so if I have to wait a little longer for a working update that wont fry my ps4 then im cool with that. You need to chill out though, whining about it on here isnt gonna get you results.

The PC and PS4 updates are not the same. They don't send the updates out at the same time, because they are different updates. PS4 U13 is not the same as PC U13, and they also are not coded in the same way, it has to be ported to PS4.

PC will always get updates first, they are designed for PC, and DE can patch them in right away. PS4 will always get them later, because DE bundles multiple updates together for PS4, has to port them over so the PS4 can handle them, and then submit them for approval to Sony. This will never change, although it should get fast over time.

I have the PS4 and I love my PS4 as well, though PC is my system of choice still. Especially for an indi game. We all want more "now". Unfortunately, humans have to write the code and get it working, which takes time.

The PC and PS4 updates are not the same. They don't send the updates out at the same time, because they are different updates. PS4 U13 is not the same as PC U13, and they also are not coded in the same way, it has to be ported to PS4.

PC will always get updates first, they are designed for PC, and DE can patch them in right away. PS4 will always get them later, because DE bundles multiple updates together for PS4, has to port them over so the PS4 can handle them, and then submit them for approval to Sony. This will never change, although it should get fast over time.

I have the PS4 and I love my PS4 as well, though PC is my system of choice still. Especially for an indi game. We all want more "now". Unfortunately, humans have to write the code and get it working, which takes time.

We all know how it works, yet it doesn't make it acceptable to leave one set of players in the dark with no new information while the other set of players are constantly looked after.  If you had two kids would you honestly pick a favorite?

We all know how it works, yet it doesn't make it acceptable to leave one set of players in the dark with no new information while the other set of players are constantly looked after.  If you had two kids would you honestly pick a favorite?

Take it up with Sony that things are "in the dark" right now.

We all know how it works, yet it doesn't make it acceptable to leave one set of players in the dark with no new information while the other set of players are constantly looked after. If you had two kids would you honestly pick a favorite?

Oh come on dude give it a break, DE does not keep us in the dark. How are they suppose to know when sony will finish with the cert or when they will have all the bugs worked out of the build even before that? They give us what there goal is as far as when they are trying to get it done and sent to cert like they told us they would try to have it done last monday or tuesday and ended up taking til late Wednesday night because they had more things they needed to fix. Dont try saying that were somehow DEs unwanted child, thats pathetic.

Edited by (PS4)DA_HEFF_

Oh come on dude give it a break, DE does not keep us in the dark. How are they suppose to know when sony will finish with the cert or when they will have all the bugs worked out of the build even before that? They give us what there goal is as far as when they are trying to get it done and sent to cert like they told us they would try to have it done last monday or tuesday and ended up taking til late Wednesday night because they had more things they needed to fix. Dont try saying that were somehow DEs unwanted child, thats pathetic.

I'd agree if it were a once in a while issue where things dragged on forever, but when the general rule of thumb is to ensure PC is looked after and get to the Ps4 at some point down the line, it starts to get pathetic.  DE have more players on PC than Ps4, so it stands to reason they'd want to make sure the larger pool of players were catered for, but when one side gets constant updates and content yet the other waits over a month for something new, even a blind man would see an inbalance.

I'd agree if it were a once in a while issue where things dragged on forever, but when the general rule of thumb is to ensure PC is looked after and get to the Ps4 at some point down the line, it starts to get pathetic.  DE have more players on PC than Ps4, so it stands to reason they'd want to make sure the larger pool of players were catered for, but when one side gets constant updates and content yet the other waits over a month for something new, even a blind man would see an inbalance.

Up until this update the updates were getting closer together, two in one month if I remember correctly and I think that after we get this update it will be getting back to quicker updates.

We want it now

You're welcome to do what I did and move platforms.  I jumped as soon as devstream showcased Dark Sectors.  Four weeks later I'm MR11.  No one is forcing you to play on an inferior platform (inferior graphics card, delayed release cycle, not meant to incite a flame).  I do wish DE would make it earlier for people to migrate from PS4 to PC - all their attention seems focused on PC to PS4 migration, but who would want that? - but even without migration, I had fun starting fresh.  Helps to find an awesome clan that doesn't mind giving you build-mandatory mods and prime parts in exchange for ammo drum.

EDIT: I was MR10.75 on PS4 with 220+ hours in mission and quite a few plat purchases.  The cost in moving platforms was significant in terms of time, effort and money but was well worth it in the end.

Edited by astronautzack

You're welcome to do what I did and move platforms.  I jumped as soon as devstream showcased Dark Sectors.  Four weeks later I'm MR11.  No one is forcing you to play on an inferior platform (inferior graphics card, delayed release cycle, not meant to incite a flame).  I do wish DE would make it earlier for people to migrate from PS4 to PC - all their attention seems focused on PC to PS4 migration, but who would want that? - but even without migration, I had fun starting fresh.  Helps to find an awesome clan that doesn't mind giving you build-mandatory mods and prime parts in exchange for ammo drum.

EDIT: I was MR10.75 on PS4 with 220+ hours in mission and quite a few plat purchases.  The cost in moving platforms was significant in terms of time, effort and money but was well worth it in the end.

BURN THE HERETIC!!!!!

I don't know about you guys, but I just think about it this way: We heard about when Melee 2.0 was going to be released a month earlier than we are supposed to. And whoever said that "DE doesn't send it to cert when they update the PC version." That's like working on your Chemisty and AP Physics homework at the same time... It's sort of the same thing, but it isn't. You don't take Algebra 2 until you're finished with Algebra, it's the same concept here. They first work out the stuff on the PC, THEN they start with the PS4. It's a little easier for them and takes less time. Because of the PC version, they now have the outline. Then, all they need to do is apply it to PS4. I'm pretty sure their work with the PC version took like... 2-3 months, maybe? I don't do game programming or anything, but it probably took a hell of a lot longer than it did for them to convert the PC version to PS4. 

Anyway, just calm down. It'll be here, if not today, within the next week. 

Also, who in the hell said "If DE knows that it'll be hit with a rubber stamp, they could give us an ETA?" THAT SHOULDN'T BE DE'S JOB. Why? That information on how Sony does the cert process and how long it should take is freely available if you just search Sony Cert Process. It's anywhere from five days to two weeks. It's not DE's job to tell us what they don't really need to care about. Especially when it's something they shouldn't have to tell you because you're supposed to get it from another source. Your English Teacher isn't supposed to tell you what math is. 

*I'm not using quotes because I don't feel like it. I just remember reading it, not where on what page it's on.*

Edited by (PS4)theelix

It's easy to point the finger elsewhere, but when this is a regular thing where the PC eats first and Ps4 is left to watch with no clue as to when we'll get anything..  It gets old fast.  We're asking for a timeframe, if DE knows it could take up to two weeks to have an update rubber stamped then plan accordingly.  They know roughly how long it takes to port an update, they know how long it takes for approval so giving us a concrete timeframe shouldn't be that hard. 

There's no way to predict when the update will pass cert, dude. That depends on whether they find any console-killing bugs. But if DE knew about such bugs, they wouldn't submit to cert with them in the build in the first place.

Also, the PC "eating first" is a good thing because we squash most of the really horrible bugs and poor design choices before you guys get it. Seriously, do you really want to have to farm Nef Anyo for 1500 times just to get a chance at a single stance mod? Of course not. PC players complained about that hard enough that DE distributed the stances to more common enemies, so you guys will *start* with lancers and suchlike having a chance to drop stances, instead of them being purely limited to crazy rare enemies like crawlers and bosses.

Or the broken light apocalypse? On PC the first iteration of the arc traps was broken lights that did tremendous damage, were almost impossible to spot, and completely unrewarding to destroy. We complained and enough and DE gave us arc traps instead, which are annoying but not gamebreakingly so. You guys never got to see the horror that was the broken grineer lightbulb.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Hype is Hype, people are expecting it and you can't stop no matter how much you complain about it.

One of our friendly neighborhood admins need to merge these puppies. I should have just copied the and pasted right out of the community hot topics for last week given how many times I have typed what DE said about the U13 submittion.

Hype is Hype, people are expecting it and you can't stop no matter how much you complain about it.

I am well aware of the hype train having no breaks (hell I'm a passenger). But this is the OP complaining about a lack of news even though it's in Sony's ballpark

I am well aware of the hype train having no breaks (hell I'm a passenger). But this is the OP complaining about a lack of news even though it's in Sony's ballpark

You just answered yourself.

The Hype Train has no breaks, So the fellow passanger OP is driving around looking for any information regarding the update, Sure it's pointless but with that much Hype, He might as well try.

You just answered yourself.

The Hype Train has no breaks, So the fellow passanger OP is driving around looking for any information regarding the update, Sure it's pointless but with that much Hype, He might as well try.

I am on the train too but I just keep checking twitter. It usually goes out, so I know whether to be excited on the way home or not.

Making a statement thus doesn't allow you to treat me like a piece of crap kid......Last I checked I'm in this position I'm stuck I need new items to boost so don't go off to judge me when you don't know me.

Because calling me a 'Kid' when you don't know me or my age makes me want to treat you like an adult, amirite?

I'd like the Update to come out for PS4 players as well, that way we'd be one step closer to Cross-Play.

Saying 'I want it now' is sort of embarrassing for the entire community.

What're you going to do next, threaten to hold your breath till they make it so?

Because calling me a 'Kid' when you don't know me or my age makes me want to treat you like an adult, amirite?

I'd like the Update to come out for PS4 players as well, that way we'd be one step closer to Cross-Play.

Saying 'I want it now' is sort of embarrassing for the entire community.

What're you going to do next, threaten to hold your breath till they make it so?

embarrassing for the entire community? people just want what should have ready and  given a week after pc had the update. if de wants to make playstation just as good as pc they have to put equal attention to both. tho u13 is submitted to cert for sony it should have been ready earlier. im not crying over anything just how it should be -  my grammar isn't the best but i think its good enough to get my point out

Edited by (PS4)Redempiton885

embarrassing for the entire community? people just want what should have ready and  given a week after pc had the update. if de wants to make playstation just as good as pc they have to put equal attention to both. tho u13 is submitted to cert for sony it should have been ready earlier. im not crying over anything just how it should be -  my grammar isn't the best but i think its good enough to get my point out

It is a embarrassing for someone to just say: "I want it now", It makes that someone sound spoiled and entitled.  

As for the the timing of the update being sent to cert. , have you tried coding something? Have you tried completely overhauling a combat system? This takes time.  And I say that as an IT major just starting to code. Just be glad its coming out at all.

EDIT: Lets not forget the different architecture between the PC and PS4 (I do not know the specifics between the two, but I know it holds some bearing.)

Edited by (PS4)shadnic200