Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flying Infested "drifter" Ideas. (With Pictures Now. For That I Am Sorry...)

OniDarkClown

I am making this thread to flesh out the ideas I have had for a flying infested.

also to continue with the Enemies Of The Tenno: Infested Submissions. I put in that I will post here to keep fleshing it out.

even trying to include some concept art.

no way my little Idea will be Included in the Final Vote, Not going to kid my self. there are WAY to many better ideas posted there already.  But I will keep with my little drifter until i am happy with it. because this is something i have been wanting to do for a while.

the next post will be the entry copy from Enemies Of The Tenno: Infested Submissions.

Let the Stupidity begin and Don't forget to Down vote.

Edited by OniDarkClown

Name Suggestion: Drifter

Behaviour:  The Mass of bloated Toxin filled sacks of twisted flesh called the “Drifter” floats in the air, propelled by rapidly expelling the gas produced from the dangerous mix of toxins contained in the large pulsating tumor like sacks, creating a wheezing moaning wail as it moves itself around.

When Idle the, “Drifter” eerily Bobs listlessly  about, aimlessly drifting until it finds something to attack

With this quick burst method of movement the “Drifter” can seemingly and swiftly close in on targets.

At a distance the “Drifter” pressurizes a caustic mix of tokens and barbed flesh that is then fired at its victims, this Corrosive blob of putrid muck is as accurate as it is dangerous.

The “Drifter” makes use of the Tendril like tentacle to jerk its body to change directions to avoid walls or obstacles in the way or attack anything that gets to close.

Able to attack at a distance and Melee when approached.

(Grineer Ballista twisted into a mass of pulsating tumors of toxic flesh and tentacles
once Infected by the Technocyte Virus)

Attacks:   This infested enemy type uses projectile attacks at a distance; this attack deals Corrosive damage, and has the chance to inflict a Corrosive Status effect with a medium rate of fire.

Allowing a Drifter to remain at firing distance is not recommended.

When in Melee range, the Drifter will attack by whipping its tentacles to inflict Impact damage. Will quickly try and evade to firing distance. This Infested enemy prefers to attack at a distance.

On Death the Drifter Explodes, though this deals no damage, it has a higher chance to inflict Corrosive Status effect if close enough to explosion. (melee distance)

Environment restrictions:  This Infested Enemy only appears during Infestation Outbreaks, or in Dark Sectors. Never in Orokin Derelicts

(Optional) Art or Reference Images: Soon™

Hey Hey I got 3 more for tonight folks.

She's getting where I think i want her to be

infested_drifter_wip_03_by_onidarkclown-

I am having a lot of fun making her.  can you tell?

infested_drifter_wip_04_by_onidarkclown-

Last one for tonight.  is she cute or what?

infested_drifter_wip_05_by_onidarkclown-

Till next time.  and Please, don't forget to Down vote this.

Name Suggestion: Drifter

Behaviour:  The Mass of bloated Toxin filled sacks of twisted flesh called the “Drifter” floats in the air, propelled by rapidly expelling the gas produced from the dangerous mix of toxins contained in the large pulsating tumor like sacks, creating a wheezing moaning wail as it moves itself around.

When Idle the, “Drifter” eerily Bobs listlessly  about, aimlessly drifting until it finds something to attack

With this quick burst method of movement the “Drifter” can seemingly and swiftly close in on targets.

At a distance the “Drifter” pressurizes a caustic mix of tokens and barbed flesh that is then fired at its victims, this Corrosive blob of putrid muck is as accurate as it is dangerous.

The “Drifter” makes use of the Tendril like tentacle to jerk its body to change directions to avoid walls or obstacles in the way or attack anything that gets to close.

Able to attack at a distance and Melee when approached.

(Grineer Ballista twisted into a mass of pulsating tumors of toxic flesh and tentacles

once Infected by the Technocyte Virus)

Attacks:   This infested enemy type uses projectile attacks at a distance; this attack deals Corrosive damage, and has the chance to inflict a Corrosive Status effect with a medium rate of fire.

Allowing a Drifter to remain at firing distance is not recommended.

When in Melee range, the Drifter will attack by whipping its tentacles to inflict Impact damage. Will quickly try and evade to firing distance. This Infested enemy prefers to attack at a distance.

On Death the Drifter Explodes, though this deals no damage, it has a higher chance to inflict Corrosive Status effect if close enough to explosion. (melee distance)

Environment restrictions:  This Infested Enemy only appears during Infestation Outbreaks, or in Dark Sectors. Never in Orokin Derelicts

(Optional) Art or Reference Images: Soon™

Wouldn't It make more sense for it to be an infected regulator as they fly already?

meh I wanted to have a Female Grineer get Infected over a droid.

needs more Females.

........................,,-~*~,,
......................./:.:.:.:.:.|
......................|;.;.;.;.;./
......................|.;.;.;.;.|
............._,,,,,_.).;.;.;.;.|
.........,,-":.:.:.:."~-,;.;.;.|
........(_,,,,---,,_:.:.);.;.;..",,
......,-":.:.:.:.:.""-,,/;.;.;.;.;.",
.....(:.__,,,,,,,,,___);.;.;.;.;.;|
...../"":.:.:.:.:.:.:¯"";.;.;.;.;.,"
....",__,,,,,,,,,,,__/;;;;;;;;;/
......::.:.:.:.:.:.:.;.);;;;;;;;;/:
.......,,,,,---~~~~;;;;;;;;,"::::
.........."""~~--,,,,,,,,,,-"::::::::::
...................::::::::::::::::::::::

Edited by OniDarkClown

Some more work on this little Bugger

infested_drifter_wip_09_by_onidarkclown-

now here come the Right and Front views of what she has evolved to.

infested_drifter_wip_10_by_onidarkclown-

the back and left View.

infested_drifter_wip_11_by_onidarkclown-

and the top and bottom.

infested_drifter_wip_12_by_onidarkclown-

the more I work on her, the more I think i could go back and tweak things.

the work must go on.

Don't forget to Down Vote.