Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Suggestions And Observations.

Basalto

So, I recently acquired Valkyr, am loving it so far I noticed some things that I'll list here (not all of them are bad, but not all are good):

1- She's amazing, I just wanted to emphasis it a bit more.

2- Rip Line does an amazing job on both mobility and tearing the upper part of enemies with a single pull, BUT it would be really nice to see a real pull. I don't get why the range can be so long, if your character won't reach the whole way. So, how about putting a "hold" feature for it, making you be pulled until you stop holding or bump the wall/object you are pulling yourself to? It would be something really cool, and since Warframe is a very mobile game and people copter everywhere in the speed of a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

3- Paralysis stun enemies and makes you able to do a "stealth" attack, in case you people didn't know, from both front and back, which is actually amazing. I'm stabbing Grineer in the face with my Dark Dagger now.

4- If you plan to make a Rip Line based build, it's worth it. Max the power efficiency, put Energy Siphon, Intensify, other mods of your choice, color your Warframe with brown and white and grab a dual sword set. There, you got a Shingeki no Kyojin cosplay. Because Valkyr.

5- She could have one attack and one defense polarities, given she's a berserker, not entirely a caster. And before a mad kid goes raging on me for not using a Forma to change polarities: I'm just saying my opinion.

So, I guess that's it. If you also got a suggestion, feel free to reply. Just no childlish insults and raging, please. This is a forum, not a kindergarten.

On one hand Valkyr benefits from power power and power duration. On the other hand, she has lots of armor which can be boosted with steel fiber.

Both double V and V, D polarities would make sense as default ones.

Still, I'm surprised you didn't say anything about Hysteria.

On one hand Valkyr benefits from power power and power duration. On the other hand, she has lots of armor which can be boosted with steel fiber.

Both double V and V, D polarities would make sense as default ones.

Still, I'm surprised you didn't say anything about Hysteria.

Rhino's Iron Skin has the same level of power, if modded right, PLUS your weapons can be used on it. Penta + Iron Skin = GG.

Altough Hysteria's invincibility is neverending, it "only" lasts for an amount of time and you can only melee with it. From what I've seen, it takes the power of your melee weapon into the bracelets to deal damage. My Heat Dagger made me do a fire jump attack, but didn't work the same for my D Nikana.

5- She could have one attack and one defense polarities, given she's a berserker, not entirely a caster. And before a mad kid goes raging on me for not using a Forma to change polarities: I'm just saying my opinion.

So, I guess that's it. If you also got a suggestion, feel free to reply. Just no childlish insults and raging, please. This is a forum, not a kindergarten.

So youre saying we should give Valkyr double Ds?

I love Valkyr for her insane flexibility and the fact that there are so many viable builds.

Something I have noticed though, is that my melee damage drops substantially while in Hysteria, which sucks. It also makes no sense because of the multiplier, and I have a maxed Intensify on there as well. Lv35 enemies will take 4-7 hits in Hysteria instead of 2 hits with my longsword outside of Hysteria.

I still get good lifesteal out of it though, so I can't really complain. Oh and the invulnerability is overpowered as all hell, so it's still the ability I use the most sparingly, and I've built her around avoiding it.

Edited by Churpy

I love Valkyr for her insane flexibility and the fact that there are so many viable builds.

Something I have noticed though, is that my melee damage drops substantially while in Hysteria, which sucks. It also makes no sense because of the multiplier, and I have a maxed Intensify on there as well. Lv35 enemies will take 4-7 hits in Hysteria instead of 2 hits with my longsword outside of Hysteria.

I still get good lifesteal out of it though, so I can't really complain. Oh and the invulnerability is overpowered as all hell, so it's still the ability I use the most sparingly, and I've built her around avoiding it.

Use the lifestrike mod and quick thinking

Use the lifestrike mod and quick thinking

I don't think that would fix the low damage on the ability..I'm not struggling to stay alive or anything like that, Hysteria just seems to have a broken damage multiplier for me.

I don't think that would fix the low damage on the ability..I'm not struggling to stay alive or anything like that, Hysteria just seems to have a broken damage multiplier for me.

Hysteria's been broken since U13

It no longer gets benefit from Power Strength or any melee weapon damage mods (Such as Steel Charge, Pressure Point and Spoiled Strike) meaning that the damage it deals will be 300 + 175% of your weapons base damage (Which is significantly less than is achievable through modding a melee weapon - Hence the damage loss upon activation)

Only way to improve Hysteria damage is to equip Dual Zorens, Dual Ichors or Dual Cleavers and put in maxxed True Steel and Organ Shatter for ~70% crit chance and 5.7x crit multiplier

It no longer gets benefit from Power Strength or any melee weapon damage mods (Such as Steel Charge, Pressure Point and Spoiled Strike) meaning that the damage it deals will be 300 + 175% of your weapons base damage (Which is significantly less than is achievable through modding a melee weapon - Hence the damage loss upon activation)

Only way to improve Hysteria damage is to equip Dual Zorens, Dual Ichors or Dual Cleavers and put in maxxed True Steel and Organ Shatter for ~70% crit chance and 5.7x crit multiplier

Interesting..that's good to know, thanks.

heh I actually use a warcry and dual ichor based build on my Valkyr and it really works well. through the combination of steel fiber, rage and life strike Valkyr is really tanky. Right now she is only rank 9 so can't talk about end game but hysteria feels weaker than my ichors

A simple fix I would suggest is just make hysteria affected by both power strength mods and your melee mods that way it would benefit from base damage mods, crit mods, elemental mods, beserker and life strike. I did notice you can actually channel during hysteria