Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Zoren Crit Melee Build Viable?

Ravtek

I wanted to make a non charge spamming melee weapon. I'm not really a fan of scindo, frag, or any of the heavy weapons frankly, but it seems like their damage output with fury makes their regular melee insane.

Can I achieve the same damage output (over time), if I go fury/crit/crit dmg on dual zoren?

Anyone have personal experience with these builds and would like to inform?

Any information regarding this would be awesome!

Thanks a bunch!

Just tried it today. fully maxed crit dmg crit chance and other mods to maximum 60 mod capacity. it CAN'T 1 hit chargers at level 10+ without crit......meh... not worth it imo

Regular melee was only good when there was mod for melee damage on warframe.

Edited by Ascension

Just tried it today. fully maxed crit dmg crit chance and other mods to maximum 60 mod capacity. it CAN'T 1 hit chargers at level 10+ without crit......meh... not worth it imo

Regular melee was only good when there was mod for melee damage on warframe.

Lol try using Amphis, my amphis is as fast (well faster, if calculations are correct fire rate 2.0)

I can spam around and sometimes do a jump for uber AoE attack, I LOVE IT !!!!!!

(btw i got 60% fire rate and all elementals mods :- since my amphis is just level 5, i only have fire rate mod and it ROCKX)

Lol try using Amphis, my amphis is as fast (well faster, if calculations are correct fire rate 2.0)

I can spam around and sometimes do a jump for uber AoE attack, I LOVE IT !!!!!!

(btw i got 60% fire rate and all elementals mods :- since my amphis is just level 5, i only have fire rate mod and it ROCKX)

but you still need something against Infested because Amphis cant do S#&$ against them.

So, overall DPS of Dual Zoren built for crit isn't close to a Fury modded frag or scind?

Would I be better off just going charge modded dual heat swords then?

I just don't like the idea that the viable later-game melee weapons are all heavy weapons for DPS. (I could be wrong, but I don't have the mods and gear to test it all currently.)

Crit chance is broken/super ineffective for weapons; very very low returns than just putting elemental mods on.

However, Loki always crits when he uses invis, so Duel Zorens is a favorite for Loki players.

Look into Cronus, Furax, Fangs, Dual Heat Swords, Gram, etc..

Furax is underrated, lot of fun, but no AoE other than ground slam, which is great crowd control when used with ice damage.

Daggers and Blunt weapons ignore armor but suck against Infected, but, sharp and fire weapons do more against them. But, all weapons charge attacks ignore armor (though I do believe dagger/blunt charge benefits more, but I could be wrong) -- so picking a weapon is also about picking what group you want to specialize against.

Wiki has weapon stats for all weapons, some more than others (Crit chance, etc..): http://warframe.wiki...wiki/Dual_Zoren (Link to other weapons further down)

Edited by Alienami

I'm currently using the loki warframe, and what I find confusing is that the crits appears as yellow, but sometimes I get RED damage values? What does that indicate? And do critical damage mods increase the charge attack on crit?