The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginner Player

Judd_Kraemers

Hi I've played about 10 hours and really like the game so thought I would join here and get to know it better. My profile is now level 2 after doing a test. My Warframe is also level 18. All I know about the game is to shoot and kill stuff lol

Any handy threads I should see that might lead me in the right direction? I want to earn platinum and just enjoy the game at the same time.

:)

Okay man ! welcome to the forums :)

So a few questions :

how much of the star chart have you cleared?

What is your frame?

Your favorite weapons?

First tips: don't spend plat on anything yet. Wait to get some more from trading rare mods like tranquil queave. ( katanastance mod for melee)

If you still have skana  sword : its stance is Iron  phoenix : do Cambria a lot to get it.

Don't buy weapons from the maret directly with plat . they're overpriced.

Don't rush building time ( it's pointless and expensive)

about gamaplay: don't be a rusher  ,or at least don't ignore your team 

Don't hesitate to use Your powers if in a difficult situation.

For builds  watch Mogamu's videos on youtube , his guides are awesome :) 

you will want some weapon suggestions,

for your melee you will probably have a cronus long-sword already, but great starters are:

-the fang daggers for insane speed

-the Scindo axe/Gram heavy sword/Fragor hammer for slow and hard hitting weapons

-the dual zoren or dual cleavers for critical damage (*http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_Hit_(Mechanic)) and again speed, but they are a bit more of an investment

for primaries their are several paths:

-for snipers/bows the "paris" puncture bow is great, and the vectis single shot rifle can be of use later on (mastery rank 3-4)

-for automatics the hind burst rifle delivers a lot in a tight package, the karak assault rifle is a jack of all trades, and the grakata is a critical hit spewing bullet hose

-for shotguns the strun will have to do but at mastery rank 3 the drakgoon, a solid charge based shotgun, will be available

for secondaries:

-the sicarus burst pistol is ok

-the bolto and akimbo bolto are great all-rounders if you can get past the slight travel speed

-the Lex hand cannon (the slowest but hardest hitting), the vasto revolver (the middle ground), the magnus...magnum (the highest fire rate) and all of their akimbo variants are great for those who appreciate delicate aiming

-for those who want something out of their face in the quickest time the bronco and dual bronco hand shotguns and the viper and dual viper machine pistols will be more than apt

-on a side note, some fun and weird weapons are the stug goo gun, the the kunai or hikou throwing knives/stars, the and the tysis barb gun are all viable and indeed entertaining  

If you ever plan on really getting into the games mechanics, this thread here has links to other threads, topics, and sites that can show you all the ins and outs of the game: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/150607-player-guides-tips-apps-useful-websites/

If you're more in for the casual experience, play the game, find a few friends who play with a similar style or a complementary one, regularly check the forums for details you may be fuzzy on, etc.

My roommate and I have very different preferences and play-styles, but we work pretty well together. Of course, it helps when you have someone so close by to help out.

If you like, you can have a higher ranked friend take you to some more difficult nodes to grab for some rarer mods that you'd normally not be able to get for a while... that can be a great help: the right mods can make even your most hated weapon into a new favorite.

Above all, just have fun. Play in a manner that makes you comfortable and happy, don't be afraid to ask for help, I still do sometimes, even after 900 hours.

Edited by FLSH_BNG