The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Some Opinions From Fellow Tennos

MegpoidBeetle

Hey everyone!

So this would be my last year in high school, and I'm planning to go for either video game designing or video game arts (then again with this materialistic world and the lack of video game companies in my country I ain't sure can I get a decent future from being involved in the video game industries). I decided to be in video game designing few years back but right now I'm having second thoughts.

Let me hear out what y'all think. Thanks in advance!

Well, both are beautiful, if you ask me. But Video Game Arts is... well, art. That'd take a higher place in my opinion. With designing very close by, mind you.

As for the living you can make off of these, I say don't worry about it. If you love something, you'll excel at it. You'll find a way to pursue it no matter what. 

I am in a similar situation as you, by the way. I want to study Astrophysics in Greece, where more scientists are led away rather than being stuck in a menial job, such as teaching. But all these variables are interchangeable, the only constant is what you love to do. Do that, and you can't go wrong.

Well, both are beautiful, if you ask me. But Video Game Arts is... well, art. That'd take a higher place in my opinion. With designing very close by, mind you.

As for the living you can make off of these, I say don't worry about it. If you love something, you'll excel at it. You'll find a way to pursue it no matter what. 

I am in a similar situation as you, by the way. I want to study Astrophysics in Greece, where more scientists are led away rather than being stuck in a menial job, such as teaching. But all these variables are interchangeable, the only constant is what you love to do. Do that, and you can't go wrong.

Suppose so. Thanks! :D

It would be better if you go with game designing, first of all you should take courses and learn the programming languages, like C++, C#, JavaScript and etc, choose the one you most prefer, then engage yourself at home trying to design games yourself using the Game Designing software's, most easy for you if you are new to game developing,Unity3D should be your first, its a pretty easy game developing software which has many cool features, you can get the software from unity3d.com and when you have it then you can go to lynda.com and get courses related to Unity, Once you are pretty familiar and know how to play with it then you can go for the most advanced software's out there like Cry Engine or Unreal Engine, But before you do any of these things its essential you learn a programming language from scratch either by attending a course in real life or taking language courses from lynda.com as I mentioned, Unless you can't afford to attend a course Internet is your best friend.

Any more questions or advice its best you add me.

Edited by Skretax

Ask DE for a job after you graduate :D. Get them free plats

Assuming Warframe is still in beta by then  

It would be better if you go with game designing, first of all you should take courses and learn the programming languages, like C++, C#, JavaScript and etc, choose the one you most prefer, then engage yourself at home trying to design games yourself using the Game Designing software's, most easy for you if you are new to game developing,Unity3D should be your first, its a pretty easy game developing software which has many cool features, you can get the software from unity3d.com and when you have it then you can go to lynda.com and get courses related to Unity, Once you are pretty familiar and know how to play with it then you can go for the most advanced software's out there like Cry Engine or Unreal Engine, But before you do any of these things its essential you learn a programming language from scratch either by attending a course in real life or taking language courses from lynda.com as I mentioned, Unless you can't afford to attend a course Internet is your best friend.

Any more questions or advice its best you add me.

Well for the moment don't think I'll have any other questions. Thanks for your thoughts!