Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Reloading

Coldnose

TL;DR: Shotty reloading changed to 1 shell at a time like other games/real world. Yes/No?

So one thing I love about using shotguns in other games, especially fast paced close combat games, is the ability to tactically stop your reloading halfway and continue firing with however many shells you managed to squeeze into the weapon as the combat situation changes. I actually can't think of any games with shotguns that reload like the ones in Warframe do.

Is the current magazine-style shotgun reloading an intentional design decision or an oversight? Could I please has loading-1-shell-at-a-time mechanic? I think the best way (easier than splitting the current reload circle into multiple shells behind the scenes) would be making 1 full reload circle = 1 shell. Reload speed mod would still work.

Before anyone comes in with "no shut up stupit shotgunz already 2 OP" (debatable outside of Hek sniper silliness anyway especially with the deadliness of being close to update 7.7 enemies for very long), if a damage or choke nerf is needed that's fine. I want the change for quality of life and combat complexity not being moar OP.

I think this would add more engaging, dynamic and fun combat than BLAT BLAT BLAT BLAT run away from the 1 charger left because you need to load all 6 shells into your shotty before shooting it again. Oh wait you got explody stunned by a ninja runner or moa fart, better start over, all the shells you put in before has magically disappeared.

Hek should definitely be manual reload.

Strun, Boar and Bronco all have drum-like magazines, but, they seem to be fixed to the weapon based on visual look, so manual reloading would still be more likely than full mag changes.

I would love manual reload, even if the over-all reload process was a bit longer. Or simply the ability to resume reloading where progress left off.

The clip loading is the one thing that's putting me off about by Strun. I love it, but the reload time is abysmal, so I have to adopt a hit-and-run style of play and I often get caught with an odd number of shells. I'd love for the Hek and Strun to be shell-loaded. The Boar, as an auto-shotgun, can stay clip-loaded with its drum magazine, and the Bronco essentially works as a double-barreled sawed-off shotgun, so its reloading is fine as is.

Dear Coldnose (and others),

Would be a good idea.

I can remember being in tight situations and I'm so used to filling one bullet at a time (from most other games) that I take a lot of unwanted damage.

Sincerely,

charleon