Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Crewmen Sound More Like Humans?

Doomblade3890

According to the game's lore, the Corpus are a group of HUMANS. While in game they may speak like humans, it is very rare and instead the majority of the time they make some wierd alien-like sounds. Constantly hearing that unusual chattering makes it hard to comprehend the crewmen as "humans" and makes them seem more like a completely different race. If they're really humans, I'd like it if they would speak/sound more like such and less like an extra-terrestial race.

The helmet probably scramble coms to avoid the Tenno from understanding their strategies. You can see that without it they speak pretty normally, just go and do a capture mission that you will notice it when they are screaming for their lives.

lol When you make them talk, they'll TALK!!! Bwahahaha! >:3

According to the game's lore, the Corpus are a group of HUMANS. While in game they may speak like humans, it is very rare and instead the majority of the time they make some wierd alien-like sounds. Constantly hearing that unusual chattering makes it hard to comprehend the crewmen as "humans" and makes them seem more like a completely different race. If they're really humans, I'd like it if they would speak/sound more like such and less like an extra-terrestial race.

Last I checked Earth has more then one language

the human like corpus are still robots. there are production lines in the levels you play storing these guys eveywhere (although just for asthetic decoration).

I always thought those were their extra suites.

Made my day.

Edited by ReaverShale

Yeah, but nothing like the one the crewmen speak...

Are you guys sure they're just robots?

I always thought they were actual humans and they used the MOA's for robotic security...

I guess the crewmen are required to maintain the MOAs and ospreys so they wont run out of duracell batteries or something.

Crewmen are humans, indoctrinated slaves or not. And the 'suit' hangers are quite a fridge horror.

Although the theory that their helmets are somehow scrambling the audio so only other crewmen could understand them is a good one.

I thought they sound weird so their chatter is not intercepted, for example "Throwing grenade" would sound like odd static/growling. It would actually be quite a smart tactic, given the radio chatter sounds normal Crewman to Crewman.

Edited by Coffee009

The crew men are actually indoctrinated slaves I think, at least that's what I have gathered, also explains the box in there heads.

Probably this. Not necessarily slaves considering the indoctrination into the machine-cult and "willing" servitude, but for all intensive purpouses pretty much.