Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interesting Faction Idea - Developing Stalkers

Portugnio

I think it'd be nice to see actual playable Stalkers. I've only seen the guy once but I know that his CPU is programmed to kill, playing on an expert level to out-perform everyone but the few select people that either get him glitched or simply are stronger than him. This is a nice way of iterating the strength behind him, but it's also a way of losing all hope in your Tenno, knowing that this NPC can just spam a few skills and slaughter you.

I reckon it would be good to see a special faction that players can join once they reach level 30 to become Stalkers and betray the Tenno much like the sole Stalker seems to have done so far. It'd a system that would be available every Saturday for an hour accessable to the majority of players, and only a few can join every week. The first people to enter become Stalkers and are allowed to do the missions as they did as Tenno, but they can also invade other Tenno missions like the current Stalker does, to complete the hit contract that was placed.

This is a good idea as it promotes PvP as well as allowing Tenno to actually stand a chance against lesser skilled Stalkers. Stalkers could also leave behind a reward to players that successfully slaughter them.

A few issues that could be addressed:

- Groups could gangbang a Stalker, leaving him to die and the hit to continue

This could be solved by allowing the Stalker to join secretly and to enable a feature to start the taunting messages using a menu of sorts. The Stalker will go un-noticed and will be allowed to stealthily navigate through the mission, locate the appropriate Tenno to kill and perform the hit. The time he remains un-noticed for will be for inviting fellow Stalkers to help perform the hit. Additionally, if there are not available Stalkers for assistance, the lone Stalker gets his shield, armor and health minorly buffed in accordance to the amount of people currently assisting the Tenno at the time.

I'll add more as I think of it.

Bump for topic interest.

I don't think Stalkers should be their own warframe, but rather a skeward version of their original pre-betrayal armor. The shadows that the current Stalker has is enough. It looks amazing when he kneels over to disappear and the shadows engulf him.

HOWEVER, what would be nice is that Stalkers could fuse abilties from other Warframes at a cost. For example, an Ash Stalker could use Excal's Slash Dash and Loki's Invisibility for double the cost it currently is for their respective Warframe.