Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Actually Can't Find Any Grineer Commanders For My Codex.

Androgynous

Question

So lately I've been trying to complete my Codex, and my Grineer Commander scans are 4/5, which I did a while ago.

Now though, I can't seem to find any commanders anywhere. Is this just a streak of bad luck, or am I not doing something in order to get them to spawn?

I went to the Warframe wiki and looked up the complete codex scan so I could see all the locations of Commanders just to be sure I hadn't missed any planets.

(here) - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Commander?file=Commander.jpg

And I have played at least one mission on every planet, and one of every mission type, and even been to planets that aren't listed as having Grineer commanders there (Mercury + Eris) and yet I can't still find a single one. With the exception of Europa and Venus which are all Corpus missions.

So I guess my question is - Why can't I find Grineer commanders, and where can I find them?

5 answers to this question

you only need 5 of them, i found them once in an invasion on solo. Did 5 of the same invasions and each run i found 1. Just carefully check each enemy before you kill them. But unfortunately i do not remember which planet it was.

Commanders and Power Fists seem to be more common in alerts, but I haven't been able to play much. Maybe that was just my luck. In the past, that was where I saw the most Electric Crawlers back before dark sectors when they were rare and people wanted to scan those. Again, maybe just my luck, but my impression (/assumption) is that DE intends alerts to be the best place to find the rarest enemies.

you only need 5 of them, i found them once in an invasion on solo. Did 5 of the same invasions and each run i found 1. Just carefully check each enemy before you kill them. But unfortunately i do not remember which planet it was.

I'm aware I only need 5 of them, as I posted earlier, I had 4 that I got from a while back, and yet I still can't find any. I have been carefully checking the enemies, because I mostly play solo. I've played invasion missions as both factions just to be sure, in case an enemy only spawns when you are playing for/against that faction. Still no dice.

Before making this post I checked just to be sure I hadn't made any obvious mistakes. I thought about not creating a thread for such a trivial problem, but I still need help, so here we are.

I've been suggested invasion before by people in the ingame chat channel, to which I've tried on saturn and ceres (the only available ones currently) and still no such luck, both solo and with others online. Only Grineer units I see are the common ones, Lancers, Elite Lancers, Eviscerators, Heavy Gunners, and sometimes Napalms.

At this rate I'm probably going to complete all of the eximus scans before I find another commander.

I found mine during Capture missions. Enemies tend to spawn different in different missions.

Was this recently? I've done every mission type at least once. Maybe it's also different for each person, even if they're on the same planet

I just did an exterminate on Jupiter today finding both Powerfists and a couple commanders, seems like the place to look currently. However this is just my experience.

I'll try again just to be even surer, hopefully it'll be one of those times where you have a problem, but when you tell people about it, it magically fixes itself, then it looks like you're lying.

Edit: did a few missions on Jupiter, no luck. Metis (capture), Adrastea (Exterminate), Ananke (Capture) and Ganymede (Exterminate).

DE intends alerts to be the best place to find the rarest enemies.

Grineer alert on Acheron, level 35-38, Deception and again it's just bog-standard enemies. Troopers, Lancers, an occasional Shield Lancer or Seeker, just general medium units.

Edited by Androgynous