Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus Voice

deadatspawn

Just started playing this game last night. First feedback i can give is:

You picked the wrong voice for Lotus. She sounds like a highschool student. You could have picked better. For such a great looking game it is a shame that you picked her.

Shes fine. Student? Its simply the voice of a young woman. They could have made her the voice of female grineer as well -.-

Besides that. Rebecca was a good choice. Everytime I hear her voice reminds me that shes part of the community :3

Edited by Venarge

Just finished killing 40 Gineer grunts, stole their artifact, broke a window, rescued a hostage, hacked their security, and destroyed their generator.

photo-thumb-4.png?_r=1350574344

"There is a large security force comming.......It's the Greneer."

you-dont-say.jpg

Edited by Splosions

DE_Rebecca is a competent voice actor, she gets the job done well enough that it doesn't detract from the game.

However, DE should leverage the fact that they, presumably, have the person doing the voice players are gonna hear the most right in their office all the time. Get her in front of a microphone and record a lot more lines. It will go along way towards keeping her voice over fresh. It's something that Relic Entertainment did really well with Company of Heroes and Dawn of War 2. In those game, units had voice lines for being attacked by certain enemies (and in Dawn of War 2, lines for when enemies were in specific positons ex: "WARPSPIDER BEHIND THE PIPES!") As it is now, most players tend to tune her out after a while due to just hearing the same thing over and over again.

As for the "It's the grineer" thing, it made a lot more sense to say that back when surprise enemies could pop up during update 6.

Edited by TheChaffeemancer

I had this complaint for awhile. Her voice/personality don't fit into the universe or avatar. Lotus' avatar seems diety like and the voice should follow. As of now I would turn her off if I had the option.

I agree, I find the dialect kind of too casual. She is who knows how far in the future commanding a team of ancient noble space ninjas and she talks like a 19th century phone operator. She needs more mystery and commanding in her voice, like she is a mighty commander. I guess they could do this using different filters and whatnot.

Edited by Tac_9

I agree, I find the dialect kind of too casual. She is who knows how far in the future commanding a team of ancient noble space ninjas and she talks like a 19th century phone operator. She needs more mystery and commanding in her voice, like she is a mighty commander. I guess they could do this using different filters and whatnot.

Second this. Maybe then I could turn the voices back on and she wouldn't be so annoying. Also, if she's commanding, why is SHE the one telling all of her little grunts what to do and what's going on directly? Some simple radio feedback on what's going on would suffice, be less annoying, and make more sense. At least it would to me.

Edited by SonofRobin73

I honestly dont really know what you guys mean. Personally, I like the voice and it fits quite well, however she definatly needs more lines. Most the time I just turn music on and mute the game completly. I mean, does she really has to keep telling me that Lt. Lech Kril is obsessed with immortality or that I have to kill him to get these god damn bluepr...uuuh I mean save some colony?!

Oh and btw. guys, there is a large security force heading your way...it's the greneer!

Not trying to Insult Rebecca, her voice definitely has roles it can fill. But i think Mary Elizabeth McGlynn doing her Motoko Kusanagi impression with the resonance of it during cyberbrain communication (in Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex) would have fit the current look of lotus. Rebecca's voice atleast to me seems to fit a younger spunky roll. I do however think that if the image were changed to fit rebecca's voice then it would be fine.

Things that come to mind for a lotus better reflecting Rebecca's voice

- Asiatic appearance ( the current lotus's outfit gives of the same vibe to me atleast)

- Early 20's

- Cyberpunk'ish

- VR Goggles worn on forhead

- Room dimly lit by holographic displays and consoles

- Maybe a JJJ Cup or atleast a handful, easy to grasp, satisfyingly gropable, plump, perky ..... ooooooookay back on topic

- Stuff, i dunno....

Edited by Carper