Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Suggestion For Trinity Skills

Repligon

While I agree Blessing is definitely overpowered in the current state, upcoming fix is just bad for team play. Damage immunity based on amount of health healed is too one target directed and prompts selfish play. I can already see new trinities with Quick Thinking and Rage who will only care about maximizing their own damage immunity.

Ok, one can say not the damage immunity is the point of blessing but heal and shield restore. But at this point it just overlaps with a well of life purpose.

Yeah. Great work on current fix. Greeting to the new masochist trinities that will have to hurt themselves to maximise damage reduction. Quick Thinking + self damage = 99% damage reduction.

The problem of old blessing is the possibility of permanent invincibility that "takes away the challenge". DE "fixed" the invincibility part. But as I can remember Blessing invincibility wasn't so overpowered because of its short duration and cost. It was before introduction of the corrupted mods that allowed the "permanent" part. So why do we "fixing" the symptom instead of aiming on its cause - spammability?

So my suggestions:

Blessing

Old invincibility and heal are left as is.

Change Blessing to a toggle skill that costs 25/50 energy to activate and then consumes the more energy per seconds the longer it active (to prevent permanent invincibility).

Add a cooldown. Like 1/2 of the time Blessing was active.

Well of life

Since Trinity already has a heal skill (Blessing) Well of life becomes redundant. So why not give Trinity an another skill that fits her healer role? My idea:

Trinity creates a curative aura around her that instantly revives 1/2/3/4 downed players in the range during power duration. It should have a very short duration. Like 1 or 2 seconds maxed. Can revive Trinity herself if she was downed during power duration.

Edited by Repligon

I like your idea on well of life, but I'm not totally sure your blessing would work, as much as it's still better than the current one...

How is it better? With ever increasing power consumption and a cooldown you won't be able to keep it forever unlike the current one.

Edited by Repligon

How is it better? With ever increasing power consumption and a cooldown you won't be able to keep it forever unlike the current one.

That's what I say, it's better because it's not a god mode.

Anything more complex to limit invulnerability skills is a good thing. Even Valkyr shouldn't be invulnerable on her ult'

Because...

Really. I want to know why some people hate temporary situational invincibility so much.

Temporary... Situational.... Those words, I don't think they mean what you think they mean. Seriously, NO frame should be able to throw invincibility out with no downside. Sure, Valkyr has invuln, but at the cost of most of her combat effectiveness, and it's a solo buff, not a team.

People need to accept that Trinity was not meant to be what she's being changed from and move on. In the long run, this change will HELP the game.

Temporary... Situational.... Those words, I don't think they mean what you think they mean. Seriously, NO frame should be able to throw invincibility out with no downside. Sure, Valkyr has invuln, but at the cost of most of her combat effectiveness, and it's a solo buff, not a team.

People need to accept that Trinity was not meant to be what she's being changed from and move on. In the long run, this change will HELP the game.

All the warframe powers give you advantages without downsides. Iron skin adding you >1.5k hp, bastillie, vortex and tornados keeping enemies helpless, Lokis' permanent invisibility, Nyxs' chaos. Basically any warframe has this "power with no downside" I don't see how invincibility is any different. It only becomes overpowered when you can keep it forever.