The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make Sonar Moving Along With Banshee

AlienOvermind

The title pretty much says it all. Now we have Silence, that can move together with Banshee. And It's pretty nice and comfortable to use. But Sonar is tied to the cast point AND cannot be recast after I move to another room until it wears out. So, I really would like Sonar to move along with me after I cast it.

Btw, if we take in account how sonars actually work — it's MUST be centered around sound wave emitter, and it's obviously Banshee itself, not some random point on the ground.

Edited by AlienOvermind

I'll agree, having Sonar move with Banshee makes sense, she's the one emitting the Sonar after all.

However, I dont think it should be a constant effect, it should work in pulses. And to make it seem more at home with the new toggle fad, it should also be a toggle skill.

When you use the skill, it casts Sonar as usual. Then,  8 seconds later or whatever, the Sonar effect fades, and 2 seconds later it sends out another Sonar pulse, reactivating the effect and reassigning weak spots. This continues until you toggle it off. Energy is used with each pulse

However, I dont think it should be a constant effect, it should work in pulses. And to make it seem more at home with the new toggle fad, it should also be a toggle skill.

When you use the skill, it casts Sonar as usual. Then,  8 seconds later or whatever, the Sonar effect fades, and 2 seconds later it sends out another Sonar pulse, reactivating the effect and reassigning weak spots. This continues until you toggle it off. Energy is used with each pulse

True, pulses could be fine too. But if I got it right you suggest pulses to be sent every 10 seconds? If so, it's too slow. New pulse every 2-3 seconds should be good enough.

I always wondered why Sonar isn't based on pulses like a submarine (or any) sonar. It would be really cool if we could walk as Banshee emiting regular pulses, like every 6 seconds or so, with a weak spot duration of 3.5 seconds. That would require a lot skill to aim right as the weak spot changes every pulse.

I always wondered why Sonar isn't based on pulses like a submarine (or any) sonar. It would be really cool if we could walk as Banshee emiting regular pulses, like every 6 seconds or so, with a weak spot duration of 3.5 seconds. That would require a lot skill to aim right as the weak spot changes every pulse.

It already takes a lot of skill to shoot at the weak spot, especcially for fast moving targets. If weak spot would change every 3 seconds it would be just another Sonar nerf. And that wouldn't be good, Sonar is not THAT great to nerf it in the first place.

It already takes a lot of skill to shoot at the weak spot, especcially for fast moving targets. If weak spot would change every 3 seconds it would be just another Sonar nerf. And that wouldn't be good, Sonar is not THAT great to nerf it in the first place.

It's disappointing to see what you guys consider nerfs around here, and what takes "great skill"

Edited by DarkTails