Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guys About The Trinity Nerf......(Not A Rant)

Deidaku

Already the ratio of trinity players has dropped to zero.

Tried trinity several times after  nerf.

At 30 minutes + T3 survival, your team mates are either full hp..or DEAD.

Catching them in-between requires insane reflexes and no one is going to bother to do that, AND fight mobs.

All in all this frame is RUINED. Energy vampire is an useless skills since my "battery" mob is vaporized by novas before it evn ticks once.

Well of life is a joke to begin with.

Link is the only thing that is good, sort of...but who cares? It makes me a tank frame, so?

If i have no attack skills this is pure idiotic.

Also teh complaints i hear about Trinity are just plain dumb: "it's not fair".

I'm sorry to who?

THE MOBS !? Are you kidding me? I don't hear the mobs complaining.

And a rant for a first post isn't  a good way to start  >_>

+ this is the problem just non constructive complaining . You just don't now how to use trinity =  SHE ISN'T MADE FOR OFFENSE  , she's a powerful support frame  and requires skill , 

The issue, as I see it with the Nerf, is it's counter intuitive to healing in just about every game ever as far as a buff goes.  Very few healers (I use this as a general Archetype, you know who you are) say to themselves, "Gosh, I'm gunna let his health get a little lower so I can buff up that damage resist."

What has actually occurred is people have said, the hell with damage resist, I'm just going to nerf my duration into oblivion and play spot healer.  An unintended consequence of this action is that the Rank 0 Blessing mod is now more valuable than the rank 3 mod, which might be one of the rarest things in Warframe.  

With this and flow, now instead of auto-casting every 22.8 seconds, I spot cast, up to every 1.8 seconds.  It's certainly more entertaining, but the UI doesn't support this playstyle at all at higher resolutions because their UI is unfortunately static and somewhat in the toilet.

Possible fixes:

Number 1:  Fix the UI, this is most important for me.  If you're going to make me nurse the health of players, I can't have my health bars 13" from the center of my screen (yes, I measured)

Number 2:  Well of Life.  It's useless.  How about a nice point blank aoe daze or armor corrode for gunners, something supporty.

Number 3:  Get rid of the duration increase on the mod, change it to I don't know, anything, perhaps add a small damage absorb like frosts snow globe, 250/500/750, something like that

I'm a healer archetype.  So I'll be with Trin for a long while, but a few fixes wouldn't hurt.

Edit: Typos, changed Card to Mod, too much Hearthstone lately :(

Edited by -CM-Trives

And a rant for a first post isn't  a good way to start  >_>

+ this is the problem just non constructive complaining . You just don't now how to use trinity =  SHE ISN'T MADE FOR OFFENSE  , she's a powerful support frame  and requires skill , 

My first post is made as i see fit buddy. I don't owe you an explanation for it.

As for teh nerf. Trinity is not an offensive frame but not a HEALBOT either!

The guy above saying blessing 1 is more valuable now is right. This change is IDIOTIC and you fanboys should stop defending poor changes and ADMIT it is S#&$.

The mechanics don't allow for such "healing" when damage is so insane that you get ONE SHOTTED.

If it was my call I would've just kept Trinity's invincibility in the game for the sake of CRAZINESS. Warframe needs more CRAZINESS MAN!

How about returning Nervos and buffing Rollers, instead?  That's craziness.

Already the ratio of trinity players has dropped to zero.

Tried trinity several times after  nerf.

At 30 minutes + T3 survival, your team mates are either full hp..or DEAD.

Catching them in-between requires insane reflexes and no one is going to bother to do that, AND fight mobs.

All in all this frame is RUINED. Energy vampire is an useless skills since my "battery" mob is vaporized by novas before it evn ticks once.

Well of life is a joke to begin with.

Link is the only thing that is good, sort of...but who cares? It makes me a tank frame, so?

If i have no attack skills this is pure idiotic.

Also teh complaints i hear about Trinity are just plain dumb: "it's not fair".

I'm sorry to who?

THE MOBS !? Are you kidding me? I don't hear the mobs complaining.

Where are you getting your information because all you're doing is throwing around baseless assumptions on how nobody is playing trinity after the nerf. Trust me, she was rarely played pre-nerf and even if she was, I rarely saw a good trinity amongst those I played with, majority of the times I'd end up Trinity because I can't trust anyone else to.

30 minutes of Survival is pretty standard, you don't need a trinity for that. Nobody dies that quickly around that mark unless you decide to run into a giant mob thinking you can take them all on and if that was to happen, well that'd be on you for not playing it smart.

You say you've played her many times post nerf but I don't think you've bothered to actually try tweaking her around to make her more viable. You're probably one of those people who try the skill then when you realise you can't use it properly, come here and start throwing a tantrum on how the nerf was not needed.

The frame isn't ruined at all, she's still perfectly viable and those people who actually think she's ruined have no idea on how to play her and utilise her skills and thank god that this nerf got rid of those players from playing trinity because what this nerf actually did was differentiate the good trinity players from the bad ones.

If you read the patch notes on how the new EV works  or actually even bothered to try it before coming here and ranting on about it then you'd realise that upon the mob's death it'll give out the remaining energy that it was meant to give out. EV is actually so good right now, it allows your team and yourself pretty much infinite energy because all you have to do is pretty much cast it and kill the mob that's it on.

You're not meant to have attack skills. You're a support class, that's what your guns are for.

My first post is made as i see fit buddy. I don't owe you an explanation for it.

The guy above saying blessing 1 is more valuable now is right. This change is IDIOTIC and you fanboys should stop defending poor changes and ADMIT it is S#&$.

The mechanics don't allow for such "healing" when damage is so insane that you get ONE SHOTTED.

She's neither, you should actually try using her EV sometime.

And right now there are two viable builds for her and you can take your pick at whichever one.

You can get rid of every duration mod on her and slap on an unranked blessing and take of Aura helmet if you had one to bring down duration to 1.2 seconds thus making it spammable so you won't have to wait 20 seconds in order to recast blessing. I'm sure your team mates even taking damage can manage to stay alive for that amount of time because I can still roam freely at 50min on Nekros and he's fragile as hell.

Or you can actually slap on QT like I demonstrate in this video below and still achieve full damage reduction from mobs. So you can have your all time favourite "God mode" back except this time it's not just simply pressing 4 to achieve, it takes a bit more effort and lot more risk to pull it off.

Yes Trinity was a god, but now she doesn't bring anything to the table. her healing ability has a damage de-buff to it, but you need to let it wear off before you can cast it again. so what do you do if your de-buff is not enough, watch your friends die? you have power, you want to save your friend but you have to wait for time limit to run out. in my mind that is not a pocket medic or even a tanking medic. If your team needs heals, you should be able to kick out the heals as long as you have power to spend. take the time limitation off Blessing and it would "only" be ok. <--- not a fix, but a start.

a side note, it wasn't just god mod they took from Trinity, her abilities really worked great together. better then any other frame, that's is what made her OP. When the healer is top killer people get more frustrated with, then being board. even more so because its "punching themselves in the face to win". 

The DE could really shine with some creative thinking if they can balance the abilities right. in all my game play i haven't played a FPS type healer worth a dam. this could be a big stepping stone for FPS type healers.

Trinity,  the healer, let her heal her peoples.

Yes Trinity was a god, but now she doesn't bring anything to the table. her healing ability has a damage de-buff to it, but you need to let it wear off before you can cast it again. so what do you do if your de-buff is not enough, watch your friends die? you have power, you want to save your friend but you have to wait for time limit to run out. in my mind that is not a pocket medic or even a tanking medic. If your team needs heals, you should be able to kick out the heals as long as you have power to spend. take the time limitation off Blessing and it would "only" be ok. <--- not a fix, but a start.

a side note, it wasn't just god mod they took from Trinity, her abilities really worked great together. better then any other frame, that's is what made her OP. When the healer is top killer people get more frustrated with, then being board. even more so because its "punching themselves in the face to win". 

The DE could really shine with some creative thinking if they can balance the abilities right. in all my game play i haven't played a FPS type healer worth a dam. this could be a big stepping stone for FPS type healers.

... Rethink the your entire basis of your argument and apply it into the game. Well, once you did that, you notice that no one (or barely anyone) actually used evampire back then. In all my days I've seen so many healers in which they are the core of survival in late game, and if you didn't have one your team would die in minutes. And guess what? These players didn't have to use invincibility to when. 

Or you can actually slap on QT like I demonstrate in this video below and still achieve full damage reduction from mobs. So you can have your all time favourite "God mode" back except this time it's not just simply pressing 4 to achieve, it takes a bit more effort and lot more risk to pull it off.

Actually I tried today my Trin with QT+Rage (need to Re-forma for EV),did a few nightmares...a bit hard at first,but once I got used to cast at 2HP, everything went gold.

http://waa.ai/4kOo

If you knew what to do with your build and learned to retweak your build accordingly to the fix then you'd be able to turn a bad situation into a good one.

With the build I've shown you above, you can recast blessing every 1.2 seconds which seems to be exactly what you wanted

you have power, you want to save your friend but you have to wait for time limit to run out

So there's nothing for you to complain about since all you seemed to want was a heal minus the duration.

http://waa.ai/4kOo

If you knew what to do with your build and learned to retweak your build accordingly to the fix then you'd be able to turn a bad situation into a good one.

With the build I've shown you above, you can recast blessing every 1.2 seconds which seems to be exactly what you wanted

So there's nothing for you to complain about since all you seemed to want was a heal minus the duration.

you're trading the damage de-buff for recast time. why add damage de-buff if only for 1.2 sec? now im not saying damage de-buff is worthless. damage de-buff will help in high lvl game play. what i would like to see is heals on-demand with out having to sacrifice my de-buff time. this cant be trinity's final power set, she needs a rethinking. 

you're trading the damage de-buff for recast time. why add damage de-buff if only for 1.2 sec? now im not saying damage de-buff is worthless. damage de-buff will help in high lvl game play. what i would like to see is heals on-demand with out having to sacrifice my de-buff time. this cant be trinity's final power set, she needs a rethinking. 

Like I said, if you had took the time to re-tweak her around after the fix then you would realise that is also possible.

http://waa.ai/4k9Y

With this build here, you can still achieve 100% damage reduction except it takes a bit more effort and a lot more risk to pull off but it's still possible to go the extra mile and achieve 100% damage reduction and I like how it takes that extra effort because a skill like that needs high risk which is what it is now. High Risk/High Reward and not just No Risk/High Reward.

video proof here:

No need to be agressive.

Spell correctly

Trinity is a support frame : support = heal + energy + damage redirect/ indirect damage

That means you require timing an teamwork to use trinity well. You need skill. If you don't have it I'm afraid it's not your type of frame 

Where are you getting your information because all you're doing is throwing around baseless assumptions on how nobody is playing trinity after the nerf. Trust me, she was rarely played pre-nerf and even if she was, I rarely saw a good trinity amongst those I played with, majority of the times I'd end up Trinity because I can't trust anyone else to.

30 minutes of Survival is pretty standard, you don't need a trinity for that. Nobody dies that quickly around that mark unless you decide to run into a giant mob thinking you can take them all on and if that was to happen, well that'd be on you for not playing it smart.

You say you've played her many times post nerf but I don't think you've bothered to actually try tweaking her around to make her more viable. You're probably one of those people who try the skill then when you realise you can't use it properly, come here and start throwing a tantrum on how the nerf was not needed.

The frame isn't ruined at all, she's still perfectly viable and those people who actually think she's ruined have no idea on how to play her and utilise her skills and thank god that this nerf got rid of those players from playing trinity because what this nerf actually did was differentiate the good trinity players from the bad ones.

If you read the patch notes on how the new EV works  or actually even bothered to try it before coming here and ranting on about it then you'd realise that upon the mob's death it'll give out the remaining energy that it was meant to give out. EV is actually so good right now, it allows your team and yourself pretty much infinite energy because all you have to do is pretty much cast it and kill the mob that's it on.

You're not meant to have attack skills. You're a support class, that's what your guns are for.

She's neither, you should actually try using her EV sometime.

And right now there are two viable builds for her and you can take your pick at whichever one.

You can get rid of every duration mod on her and slap on an unranked blessing and take of Aura helmet if you had one to bring down duration to 1.2 seconds thus making it spammable so you won't have to wait 20 seconds in order to recast blessing. I'm sure your team mates even taking damage can manage to stay alive for that amount of time because I can still roam freely at 50min on Nekros and he's fragile as hell.

Let me get this right, this is the frame where using level zero mods for blessing is the BEST ( and frankly ONLY) viable skill and you call this "nothing wrong" ?

Problem is the rest of her abilities are not 'support" as no one needs them - everyone builds for self-sufficiency in terms of energy and well of life is useless as mobs die too fast.

And again you are completely missing the point.I can "roam free" with my nova and my nyx and actually any frame at minute 50 but this is not BECAUSE of Trinity.

As the poster above said she brings NOTHING new.

Why not take another damage dealer?

Why take a healer that i ALREADY don't need? Why?

No need to be agressive.

Spell correctly

Trinity is a support frame : support = heal + energy + damage redirect/ indirect damage

That means you require timing an teamwork to use trinity well. You need skill. If you don't have it I'm afraid it's not your type of frame 

Skill?

Let me tell you the "skill" required now.

Remove all duration mods, add blessing 0 and then pump maxed power efficiency - then spam, literally SPAM the damn skill.

Win!

Oh and if i "run out of energy" ? No you don't, 4 people with energy siphon + EV means i am never low on energy.

They jsut made trinity a SITTING heal bot instead of a moving buffer. She is now simply making your hp go:

20% -> heal 100% -> damage 15% -> heal 100% -> damage 20% -> heal 100%..that's it.

You want a nerf?

Ok..ok how about a nerf. A SMART nerf.

Make her "damage reduction" skill a TOGGLE aura with LIMITED range, like say 20 meters around her.

Or maybe have multiple "toggles".

a) + damage aura - 20 meters

b) - damage taken - 20 meters

and so on.

If you all hate her invulnerability so damn much at least come up with reasonable alternatives not "i hate it so let's ruin it!".

I don't like Novas exploding everything when i level my melee but i don't call for her abilities to be ruined because i am butthurt. about it.

Edited by Erudias

Remember when DE said that "Just because we're taking away Frost's bubble immunity, doesnt mean we're going to nerf Trinity" ?

I do.

That in no way says "we wont nerf trinity"

It means stop jumping to conclusions

You mean 0% damage reduction, right?  Cause in practice that's what it is.  Either the person is down, or the person doesn't need healing.

Youre joking right?

Unless youre running around with no defensive mods this wont often happen

If you are running around with little to no defense then you were probably relying on trinity way too much for your max damage build and should know that if you wan to live longer youre going to need to drop some damage and bulk up your shields for those soft frames

What about all the time we spent forma"ing" our trinitys to get them justn right?

All trinitys should get all their formaed slots reset and able to be rechosen.

Thats not saying all the stime we spent getting and lvling mods that are now useless.

People who didnt invest lots of hours into their trinity dont understand how bad this CHANGE is, its not nerf that wouldve been fine.

Hi

I formad my trinity and dont need a refund because near all of the mods i use are the same

Same for most trinity users who didnt go for a min duration mod this run and even then you dont need it unless you pulled a 6 forma trinity

Hi

theres other wfs I'd like to explore.

Has anyone here tried to res someone at wave 40 on t3 with this new blessing?  I thought not...

Wave 40 is still easy ._.

And yes i have

its useful for saving people

Surely you've played past 20 minutes in a T3 survival or wave 20 in a T3 defense.  Do you think 75% damage reduction on 10+k damage per hit will make any difference when the remaining 2500 damage is more than your shield and HP combined?

Link and Energy vampire aren't needed.  Link was only useful with Blessing.  Otherwise you're better off just killing everything and not getting shot, and you do a better job of that in faster frames like Loki, Rhino (with vanguard helm), nova, nekros...

So no, I'm correct, as usual, and you're wrong, as usual.

What enemy does 10k that early?

Ive stood around enemies with link just to see if they could break my defense at that wave

Did you seriously rely on trinity so much that wave 20 is make or break for you?

woops accidental rant.. watever

certain frame was made for user to relax and have fun

either its god mode or ability to clear a room (which is every frame)

certain frame is made to be use late game for speed/late game grinding, why? because the CORE of this game is RNG AND GRINDING

removing god mode from trin breaks her usefulness in late game, and she lost her appeal as a frame to use and play relaxed

people complain for the short term when not thinking ahead

think long term and why olde Vets says DO NOT TOUCH for the most part, cause there a reason for it

Trin bless link combo + range = best speed farm (RIP now)

Nova = late game semi speed farm with MP utility and AMD as nuke (Soon to be RIP)

Frost Globe is understandable but.... um... that was THE ONLY ability that anyone uses on him (RIP now)

people want to nerf for solution to short term problem

just because people are playing low lv games or med tier with maxed super forma gear doesnt mean its OP, just like boltor prime 

its called time investment for reward

also the trend of something new that is better then what they have argument for nerf is invalid since the way games work, later content = better gear then before, DE has been doing this since DAY 1

Casual gamers are fine as long as they stop whining nerf because they can't play a game for more then 100hr before they stop from boredom other then to make the game into BS by crying nerf since they dont want to make themselves look weak and people that played and support this game look like the bad guys for knowing more about the game then they do -_-

back to ur quote

penta PFF

terrible even ogris

same for stug terrible for bless link

castanas link bless by abuse of mechanic DE had made = 1 shot lv 50-60 -_-

people that beg for the Trin nerf probably never done a 1hr+ T3 survival or wave 100+ defense

cause thats when trin and nova become useful

trin to keep people from dying by 1 bullet

nova to slow enemy down and make them take 2x dmg

now also dont forget napalm and fire dots from them..... 90% still not enough since a lv 25 napalm shot with proced vs rhino maxed hp + shield + iron skin = dead 

then add 90% immunity.... u have a 10% chacne to stay alive...

So you want easy lazy mode grinding?

Thats all i got out of this

I want my game easy

Let me get this right, this is the frame where using level zero mods for blessing is the BEST ( and frankly ONLY) viable skill and you call this "nothing wrong" ?

Problem is the rest of her abilities are not 'support" as no one needs them - everyone builds for self-sufficiency in terms of energy and well of life is useless as mobs die too fast.

And again you are completely missing the point.I can "roam free" with my nova and my nyx and actually any frame at minute 50 but this is not BECAUSE of Trinity.

As the poster above said she brings NOTHING new.

Why not take another damage dealer?

Why take a healer that i ALREADY don't need? Why?

Only? I'm not sure if you've actually played Trinity at all. Link is great by making you CC Immune and EV is so good right now. I, myself or my team mates will never run out of energy thanks to EV. That's 3/4 skills that are viable. There are frames who pretty much only have 1 - 2 viable skills whereas Trinity has 3 thanks to the buff on EV.

You can use either a Maxed mod or an Unranked mod, there are two different builds you can go with. One grants you full damage reduction meaning you can go back to how it was with "god mode" and two, the ability to spam blessing every 1.2 seconds. Nobody is forcing you to play a certain way, every game changes over time. What you, as a player need to learn to do is adapt and tweak your own builds in order to fit the new change and make out of the most of them.

Having a healer is still viable if you're aiming to go really high or aiming to go mediocre with a squad of mediocre experienced players with mediocre gear. I've done many long survivals without the use of Trinity even pre nerf, she wasn't that sought out. Only players who sought her out were the ones who were lazy to actually play and just wanted to be able to do whatever without the fear of death and players who actually wanted to go extreme and achieve super high lengths of survival.

I don't really see that as a nerf ,receiving only 10 % damage is still pretty awesome. 

At least it's not game breaking anymore , no more people Penta ing themselves in the face + link  to win 

Actually it's still working. People just use quick thinking, castanas to almost kill themselves, and then the 99% immunity blessing, and you can penta + link again.

Trinity has only been buffed, it's harder to play but the net result is a good old fat buff to the most game breaking frame, just because blessing's casting time is instant and energy vampire is now better.

Edited by sixmille

Only? I'm not sure if you've actually played Trinity at all. Link is great by making you CC Immune and EV is so good right now. I, myself or my team mates will never run out of energy thanks to EV. That's 3/4 skills that are viable. There are frames who pretty much only have 1 - 2 viable skills whereas Trinity has 3 thanks to the buff on EV.

You can use either a Maxed mod or an Unranked mod, there are two different builds you can go with. One grants you full damage reduction meaning you can go back to how it was with "god mode" and two, the ability to spam blessing every 1.2 seconds. Nobody is forcing you to play a certain way, every game changes over time. What you, as a player need to learn to do is adapt and tweak your own builds in order to fit the new change and make out of the most of them.

Having a healer is still viable if you're aiming to go really high or aiming to go mediocre with a squad of mediocre experienced players with mediocre gear. I've done many long survivals without the use of Trinity even pre nerf, she wasn't that sought out. Only players who sought her out were the ones who were lazy to actually play and just wanted to be able to do whatever without the fear of death and players who actually wanted to go extreme and achieve super high lengths of survival.

Dafuq?

I didn't run out of energy EVEN BEFORE nerf. It's called smart modding.

This skill is USELESS, the only time i used it was when leveling my own trinity after each forma when all energy saving mods wouldn't it OR when i couldn't find enough energy orbs.

THAT'S IT !

Nobody even sits in its area of effect that long, or the mob dies too fast or.. or.. or..theat skill is worthless.

I love this.

After 40 minutes + "healing" is worthless because the amount of mobs firing at you ( and NOT MISSING ) is insane.

There is no "in between", you are either close to full health - making any "damage reduction " ( lol ) useless or you are DEAD making any healing and AGAIN "damage reduction" worthless.

It's like a medic trying to heal you after you got shot, except the wound is in your HEAD and you are already dead.

No, no wrong!

Having a healer is USELESS now even for higher lvls.

A nekro + nyx + 2 novas can go further than any trinity can carry your team.

Nekro desecrate gives health balls and the Nyx CC is godly ( probably will be shat on too soon by whiners ) and the novas do short work of anything.

So again, trinity is a USELESS frame, nobody wants to fill a 4th slot with a healbot which becomes useless at high levels.

Dafuq?

This skill is USELESS, the only time i used it was when leveling my own trinity after each forma when all energy saving mods wouldn't it OR when i couldn't find enough energy orbs.

THAT'S IT !

Nobody even sits in its area of effect that long, or the mob dies too fast or.. or.. or..theat skill is worthless.

I love this.

After 40 minutes + "healing" is worthless because the amount of mobs firing at you ( and NOT MISSING ) is insane.

There is no "in between", you are either close to full health - making any "damage reduction " ( lol ) useless or you are DEAD making any healing and AGAIN "damage reduction" worthless.

It's like a medic trying to heal you after you got shot, except the wound is in your HEAD and you are already dead.

No, no wrong!

Nekro desecrate gives health balls and the Nyx CC is godly ( probably will be shat on too soon by whiners ) and the novas do short work of anything.

So again, trinity is a USELESS frame, nobody wants to fill a 4th slot with a healbot which becomes useless at high levels.

Well someone is hurt for no reason.

Calm down -_-

And you don't seem to know how to play

on the contrary, at +40 blessing gets stronger since you loose mroe health per bullet. 

unles you're the player that abadons your teammates and be a door hero , a well coordinated team can benfit from blessign to the max.

It requires skill which you don't seem to have seeing that you're getting angry for no reason

If you can't play without infinite invincibility  you must be pretty bad

Edited by Deidaku

Dafuq?

THAT'S IT !

I love this.

No, no wrong!

You dont know how to play

At 40 minutes im still easily not at full health or dead

The only time ill die instantly is when enemies can 1 hit kill me because im not stupid enough to stand still anymore after master piccolos training