The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We Getting New Unique Material Art Or Is Everything Going To Look Like A Roomba?

Mak_Gohae

I guess the new material drops got that HUGE new design so people can actually notice them. I didnt have a problem with any of the previous ones besides the circuit which was just a little piece of paper with some lines that blended perfectly with the floor.

I actually like that you could tell some stuff apart because when stuff dropped you knew that to ignore or not and now you cant do that.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Why would you ignore it, though? As far as I can tell, there's no inventory limit. And unless my memory fails, you cannot sell resources anyway. Might as well pick them up.

When you have thousands of nano spores and polymer bundles there's reeeeeeally no point is walking over even with unlimited space.Knowing what was what made it easier when looking for the rare stuff. A gallium drops, you see it, you drop a waypoint, and everyone runs over. Now people might pick up stuff and not know what it is because there are also folks that dont read the pick-up text and we get people missing out simply because they didnt get to see the drop..... even if it looks like a huge roomba.

There's also other problems from not knowing what drops. The one where people complain about never getting X rare thing because all they do is run straight to the boss for his drop because there is a better chance from him. I did that originally as well until one occasion when Hyena didnt drop his control panel and i ended up coming out with two from a mob and a locker, and i was the one that told the rest of the team about them. Now i kill everything and open everything but not everyone does that. That leads to the second problem, this just creates a gap between "slow" people (people taking their time to look for things) and "rushers" (people who go straight to the goal). There are folks that dont care about mats until they have to use them. So if the idea for everything looking the same was done to slow the game and make people look for at every single drop.... it sort of works depending on the person.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

• 2 weeks later...

I for one would be in favor of having unique art and models for all the drops that you get on levels for the various materials.

The current drop container is nice and easy to spot but you're left having to pick it up hoping it's the one material you were looking for... which more often than not, it isn't.

I kinda like the new material art. Unfortunately, it's overwritten the old unique models for Ferrite, Circuits and Gallium. I actually would like more unique material art so that I know what I'm picking up, just like with ammo boxes, though they'd all have to be visible. Maybe give them some kind of glow effect, or a bright outline if ever implemented?

Not a real priority though :/