The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Upgraded Graphics And Lower Performance

calabi

I'm playing on a I5 760, and Gtx 780(upgraded from a gtx 460) 8gb ram, Windows 7 64bit.

I'm getting large frame rate drops , they stick around the 60 fps mark with drops to the 40s and even 30s, mostly in survival and defense but even in other mode types, the fps is a bit higher in solo mode but still not as high as I would think.   My gpu usage is at 30 percent, never really goes above 60 percent.

I've tried changing all the settings doesnt seem to make any difference.  With the gtx 460 I'm sure I could lower the settings and get better performance but now I cant seem to do anything at all.

Multi Thread on? Have you downloaded the latest drivers from nVidia and all that? I'm playing with a GTX660 and an i5 and usually are at a stable 60FPS (minus on some instances, I guess due PhysX and optimization) and don't think your performance is really normal -- you should be getting far more that that.

Multithread is on, I tried it with off, and the framerate was worse or no different.  Latest drivers from the website.  Solo mode I can get 100+ fps on some of the levels 200+ with no physx.

Its mostly in Online Survival and some other online modes, but even the solo survival can drop drastically.  Even with little to nothing happening on screen.

http://imgur.com/zYZ1Cjv

Been experiencing a similiar issue since 13.3, even made sure to update my drivers even though I usually don't bother too. :p

I DID however mess with some of the check boxes to force 13.3 to update, and I can't recall what I checked and unchecked aside from the download related ones.

Using a GeForce GTX 760 card if that helps solve the issue at all.