Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Advanced Co-Op And Stealth

Ferriwind

I think stealth should have more levels of alert levels. If your teammates get caught but you are still sneaking around, you should get a lower degree of aggro/awareness from enemies. A mission with two paths to the objective could be made. Your squad could split into 2 groups. One would distract the enemies while the other would go complete the objective using stealth and a bit of acrobatics and agility.

I like the alternate pathway mission concept, but procedural generation doesn't. I'd also like to have more emphasis on being discovered. Sector alertness, etc. If you are able to kill all enemies in a room, the enemies should come to the location you were last located in. If they can't find you for say... a minute, the alert level can go back down.

I wonder if the hosting system will be a bottleneck. With a player-hosted server, there's often less CPU you can dedicate to good AI, visibility checks, etc.

Come to think of it, it would be possible to implement "client-side visibility testing", where each client is responsible for telling the server when an enemy has probably seen the user, although it'd make for some interesting potential hacks.

I like the alternate pathway mission concept, but procedural generation doesn't. I'd also like to have more emphasis on being discovered. Sector alertness, etc. If you are able to kill all enemies in a room, the enemies should come to the location you were last located in. If they can't find you for say... a minute, the alert level can go back down.

+1