Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad News For Saryn's Contagion?

-Thresher-

Question

Hi everyone,

Since Saryn's invulnerability gained from Contagion is not stated in the mod description, some have speculated that it is a bug. I sent a message to support concerning this issue. This is their response:

[size=4](WARFRAME Support)[/size]

[size=3]Apr 04 15:27 (EDT)[/size]

[size=4]Hi -Thresher-,

The invulnerability is considered a bug at this time and will likely be fixed soon. I'd suggest that any feedback you have in this regard would be best served by posting in the forums as the design team reads the posts from players quite regularly. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us again.[/size]

[size=4]-----[/size]

Love Saryn's Iron Skin-like power, this is saddening... What are your thoughts?

17 answers to this question

But isnt the invicibility long 2 or 3 seconds and costs 50 energy? We have molt that is far better at 25 energy, why even bother > <'

Edit: lol then is sick, didnt expected that it lasted for the Entire buff duration

Edited by fatalis92

Hi everyone,

Since Saryn's invulnerability gained from Contagion is not stated in the mod description, some have speculated that it is a bug. I sent a message to support concerning this issue. This is their response:

(WARFRAME Support)

[size=3]Apr 04 15:27 (EDT)[/size]

Hi -Thresher-,

The invulnerability is considered a bug at this time and will likely be fixed soon. I'd suggest that any feedback you have in this regard would be best served by posting in the forums as the design team reads the posts from players quite regularly. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us again.

-----

Love Saryn's Iron Skin-like power, this is saddening... What are your thoughts?

I hate white knights like you.

But Contagion could have a shorter duration of invincibility + melee damage buff, say 8 seconds after cast, or actually give us a huge damage buff to make the skill even useful.

I actually quite like Saryn's invincibility frames.

Saryn and Rhino, even now, are fairly equally balanced with the invincibility bug in place.

Let's face it, adding poison to melee isn't worth anything unless that damage was even moderately significant, which it shouldn't be.

One of Saryn's three capabilities IS the tank. The others are the decoy and high base hp.

The decoys are not as good as Loki's which can be placed without having to position too much.

The base hp is cool, but, Rhino is way better because of the higher armour.

Remove the tank and Saryn is just a low-quality Loki with a moderate AOE and sub-par defenses. (Saryn becomes Frost, without tank, in a manner of speaking)

I actually quite like Saryn's invincibility frames.

Saryn and Rhino, even now, are fairly equally balanced with the invincibility bug in place.

Let's face it, adding poison to melee isn't worth anything unless that damage was even moderately significant, which it shouldn't be.

One of Saryn's three capabilities IS the tank. The others are the decoy and high base hp.

The decoys are not as good as Loki's which can be placed without having to position too much.

The base hp is cool, but, Rhino is way better because of the higher armour.

Remove the tank and Saryn is just a low-quality Loki with a moderate AOE and sub-par defenses. (Saryn becomes Frost, without tank, in a manner of speaking)

I agree, if they remove the invulnerability and don't add something to compensate she'll end up one of the two worst frames. She's surprisingly well balanced WITH the invulnerability, it puts her in a nice spot between tanks like Rhino and supports (her damage is only so-so).

I have to agree, the invulnerability aspect of Contagion- bug or not, makes her versatile and fun to use. You could balance it against Rhino's Iron Skin by making it shorter but actually having it add extra damage (right now it adds about 1 point which is useless). This is similar to the way Ash's Smoke Bomb is shorter than Loki's Invisibility but has a stun effect. The description and visuals for Contagion can be tweaked to match this functionality.

Does Saryns decoy has health ? Cause loki's has, and dies from pack of enemies on ability maxed out in 2 seconds. Also it takes hits from your team and you(not confirmed but when I unload akbolto at enemies near decoy it dies faster than when I don't)

Edited by Unibot