Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amd Vs Nvidia,(Trying To Pick Laptop) Inform Me Please, Also, Does Amd Even Have 'pc Gaming' Advantages ?

Cemges

Ok for the note, I am currently using an old laptop with an old gpu, I am looking to upgrade some time soon ( hopefully ), and I thought after looking at consoles and pc, I was like, I couldn't bother with stupid game prices, exclusive no backwards compatible and non portable structure of consoles .But, one thing concerned me. A very long list of PC Gaming advantages don't apply to AMD, as in Nvidia having an ecosystem of its own with steam collaboration, and special stuff like Geforce experience, Nvidia Shield remote play, Apex Physx, etc. 

But the problem is, I am not very well informed other than these, what special features AMD has on PC over Nvidia, which isn't present in consoles, and how overall AMD compares to Nvidia other than basic price / performance test; drivers, ecosystem, other  internal or perhaps much subtler stuff that gives it any extra bit more convenience over each other.

Oh btw, if there is any nice gaming laptops out there that are mostly made by major pc brands, that include high end AMD graphics ( I look at store  pages, seeing even 2000$-3000$ laptops at 15.6 inch, with a dedicated gpu like 640-740-840m or amd 8670 etc. is making me mad, so mad I hate nvidia and AMD for making these gpus exist), could you perhaps advise me on that?

(This is mostly a comparison over gpus, because other things really aren't much major concerns; my price point is wide, cpu gonna be i7, I am not concerned over hdd / ssd, and I can do with mediocre battery life, cd i dont need anyways etc.) But no, i am not looking for a 2000$ razer blade or something. 

Edited by Cemges

On a personal note, I've never had a bad experience with nVidia, even on older machines so I've kind of stuck to them.

My Laptop (which I use for everything including games) is an ASUS G-series. I got mine for around a thousand euro. It's not perfect, but it's beefy! good specs and it's lasted me a few years now. I think in the US they go for about 12 hundred?

Edited by Santaphrax

Is that even a question!? Nvidia son!

I just bought a new pc a fews weeks back the graphics card being a nvidia had to happen. AMD has no physix for one and to play Warframe with no physix support is like never seeing the sun. 

Nvidia all the way!

Honestly i just can't give much advice, because if you want a beefy nvidia graphics card you're going to need a desktop :c

But yes Nvidia is where it's at c:

Nah, I am just looking at anything that can outpower xbox one and if it's equal to or better than ps4, thats even better. Correct me if I am wrong but, an i7 around 3.4 ghz at turbo mode on a laptop should be equal to quad core i5 running at 3.2 ghz on desktop pc so laptops also are extremely stronger in cpu power, right? 

Wait, gtx 870m is 2x stronger than 860m? wow... gotta start saving higher

Edited by Cemges

well.. if you're buying online.. why don't you give us some websites where we could look into, there's no point in suggesting you a laptop that might not be available in your country, i've never had any issues with drivers with amd or nvidia gpus, i don't know how well will shadowplay work on a laptop hard drive, with shadow mode enabled, shadowplay records all the time on your hard drive, some games need your hard drive to load in-game stuff, if it is busy writing video files then some games will often stutter/freeze for short periods of time, you could record on SSD but well.. you'll kill it, geforce experience has an option to optimize game settings for your system, on paper it sounds nice, it isn't as good as it sounds though, i am better off enabling and disabling stuff myself, i would run some games at 20 fps if i left geforce experience manage the games' graphic settings

around 2x raw performance, 1.7 ish on crysis 3 benchmarks, so it looks awesome. It is twice power of xbox one though

raw performance is not the most important in gaming, amd cards have greater raw performance yet they're pretty much similar to nvidia cards when it comes to gaming

Ok for the note, I am currently using an old laptop with an old gpu, I am looking to upgrade some time soon ( hopefully ), and I thought after looking at consoles and pc, I was like, I couldn't bother with stupid game prices, exclusive no backwards compatible and non portable structure of consoles .But, one thing concerned me. A very long list of PC Gaming advantages don't apply to AMD, as in Nvidia having an ecosystem of its own with steam collaboration, and special stuff like Geforce experience, Nvidia Shield remote play, Apex Physx, etc. 

But the problem is, I am not very well informed other than these, what special features AMD has on PC over Nvidia, which isn't present in consoles, and how overall AMD compares to Nvidia other than basic price / performance test; drivers, ecosystem, other  internal or perhaps much subtler stuff that gives it any extra bit more convenience over each other.

Oh btw, if there is any nice gaming laptops out there that are mostly made by major pc brands, that include high end AMD graphics ( I look at store  pages, seeing even 2000$-3000$ laptops at 15.6 inch, with a dedicated gpu like 640-740-840m or amd 8670 etc. is making me mad, so mad I hate nvidia and AMD for making these gpus exist), could you perhaps advise me on that?

(This is mostly a comparison over gpus, because other things really aren't much major concerns; my price point is wide, cpu gonna be i7, I am not concerned over hdd / ssd, and I can do with mediocre battery life, cd i dont need anyways etc.) But no, i am not looking for a 2000$ razer blade or something. 

Since you were in the Turkish forums as well I assume you live in Turkey. I would say your best bet would be (to carry you around 2-3 years) a laptop above 3k-3.5k Turkish Liras. The Turkish brand 'monster' is pretty good since they offer empty slots for HDDs and SSDs also, they are easy to open up and clean the fans. There is one for around 3.8k TL which has 860m or whatever(my memory might be failing me right now). 

Hope it helps.