Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Energy Consuption For Slash Dash

Jellyninja12

They've undervoted one of the most OP frames in the game and have over voted the worst frame in the game. Even the devs have admitted ash is under powered and needs a rework.
I repeat myself. Please come up with something tangible. When 750 people vote that something is overpowered, then you cant just barf it out that they are all wrong.

Amongst the 3 starterframes excalibur easily possesses the highest damage potential due to slash dash, and has easily the strongest tier 1 attack out of all warframes in existence.

That's because tiers of skills don't mean anything. Mods and energy siphon can make energy costs largely meaningless so it's best to just choose the frame with the best abilities. I have 412 energy on my nyx with a fully upgraded streamline,continuity, and reach. I can spam chaos all day long. Why would I bother with such a low aoe ability like slash dash?
Because the game does not start with energy siphon in your deck and your choice of warframe amongst all warframes in existence. It also does not start with 400+ energy a fully upgraded streamline continuity and reach. Starting players cant spam chaos all day, so thank you for strawmanning this issue to oblivion, but you still did not disprove the fact that excalibur possesses what is probably the most damaging tier 1 skill in the entire game. Edited by Aerensiniac

because it anoys me when someone just dos 4 slash dashes and killes all the enemys before anyone gets a chance

So because you're annoyed that Excalibur has a useful non-ultimate damage skill (and thus people actually use it) it should be nerfed to make Warframe more generic?

Okay.

I wouldn't mind if Slash Dash did cost 50 energy. It seems to me that Slash Dash should cost 50, and Radial Blind (the far less useful one) should cost 25.

I mean...come on. When was the last time someone used Radial Blind, other than just to try it out? If Radial Blind's cost was reduced, and Slash Dash increased, then players would have to make a CHOICE between direct-damage and a short crowd control effect! Wouldn't that be awesome?

People will still chain-spam Slash Dash with its energy cost at 50 - they will just have to do so a bit more wisely. 50 energy for Slash Dash hurts absolutely no one, aside from the people that intentionally abuse it.

Edited by Hippaforalkus

I repeat myself. Please come up with something tangible. When 750 people vote that something is overpowered, then you cant just barf it out that they are all wrong.

Amongst the 3 starterframes excalibur easily possesses the highest damage potential due to slash dash, and has easily the strongest tier 1 attack out of all warframes in existence.

Ikr, saying stuff that all the long time players of this game know and pointing out what the people that make this game have said doesn't prove anything.

750 players voted for the most commonly picked starter frame as OP. What a surprise. They see him a lot and they haven't used most of the other frames. Of course they're going to vote for him.

It doesn't change the fact that he is outclassed in overall effectiveness by multiple frames, especially in later parts of the game.

Because the game does not start with energy siphon in your deck and your choice of warframe amongst all warframes in existence. It also does not start with 400+ energy a fully upgraded streamline continuity and reach. Starting players cant spam chaos all day, so thank you for strawmanning this issue to oblivion, but you still did not disprove the fact that excalibur possesses what is probably the most damaging tier 1 skill in the entire game.

Who the hell cares how the game starts out? Excalibur's biggest problem is that he isn't as effective in the later stages of the game. It's not like you're going to be in mecury the whole time you play the game.

Edited by Aggh

The stress caused by this skill may not just be it's effectiveness over many other more expensive abilities, but because of the frequency it is preformed by new player who chose Excalibur as their starting frame. I think it's good to give new players a taste of power when they start so they remain interested in the game, and I have never seen this ability as a problem in public missions. I think it is fine.

There are some ridiculously OP warframes in this game.

Excalibur isn't one of them. He's a solid fun middle tier that can be played well by a skilled player.

Level some other warframes and group with some better players and you'll figure that out.

I mean...come on. When was the last time someone used Radial Blind, other than just to try it out? If Radial Blind's cost was reduced, and Slash Dash increased, then players would have to make a CHOICE between direct-damage and a short crowd control effect! Wouldn't that be awesome?

And, because Radial Blind and Super Jump are so underutilized, Excal's entire energy reserve is available for Slash Dash and Radial Javelin.