The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breaking The Trinity

ReaperAlpha

Prime example, Was just in an assisination mission. Activated my blessing when the group mate was at 50%, My blessing lasts 20 seconds. The target then Easily took us both back to death within 10 seconds, Meanwhile i could not activate blessing again to save us until 10 seconds later. You made the best healing class useless!!!! FFS, this ability now works BETTER without the mods I purposely set out to get like Narrow minded, Continuity and Constitution. God forbid I activate my ability before some gets damaged now as it makes my warframe completely @(*()$ useless for 20 seconds!!! You should have made a totally new warframe if you wanted a damage resistance class as this S#&$ is just whack!

So of the numerous things you could have done during the 20 seconds you were taking half damage you face tanked a boss. If your ability to strategize in battle has been limited to either be invincible or playing practice dummy you really need to rethink your battle tactics. You aren't very good is what I am getting at, but practice makes perfect.

Before you talk. You should use trinity more and understand.

The change was a buff if you really know how to use a trinity.

Skills were never meant to make yourself invunerable that would break the game. Even a PVE one.

So quit the rant. Play more.

HOW DARE YOU!! Suggesting a reasonable approach involving experimentation and thinking? On the INTERNET?!?! Gut reactions with no thought should always take precedence and when I knew trinity was changed I knew she was ruined.

I'm quitting warframe.

Edited by NevanChambers

I wonder why all these rants are being posted by brand new players?

Is it random trolling or abject whining from older players who don't want their names attached to it?

Either way, I-win buttons shouldn't exist in a game. People that play that game shouldn't want them.

Heaven forbid, Trinities have to actually keep an eye on team health to heal it as opposed to running around tossing massive heals on perfectly health players.

Invincibility is a side effect... Much akin to nausea, drymouth, and anal leakage from other medications or treatments.

You don't use it for the side effect.

Not new at all my friend, maybe only been to the forums a few times. Have put 117 hours into the game. Trinity currently is laughable under 50% of group situations involving heavy damage. Waiting to heal someone just to get a better mitigation has gotten my allies and me killed multiple times just tonight. It should have a base mitigation and go up from there, currently its passive is negligible at best as most invest in heavy shields not high health

So of the numerous things you could have done during the 20 seconds you were taking half damage you face tanked a boss. If your ability to strategize in battle has been limited to either be invincible or playing practice dummy you really need to rethink your battle tactics. You aren't very good is what I am getting at, but practice makes perfect.

Nope but trying to use it as mitigation got us killed. Better off just reducing the passive ability to as small as possible as most people invest in high shields not HP, Invuln was broken but mitigation isnt much better as it just makes me want to not use the class at all. Healing over time or just removing passive altogether and making it cost less would make me happier then this crap

HOW DARE YOU!! Suggesting a reasonable approach involving experimentation and thinking? On the INTERNET?!?! Gut reactions with no thought should always take precedence and when I knew trinity was changed I knew she was ruined.

I'm quitting warframe.

Do as you wish. Can't you play other frames?

If you can only play invunerable trinity then maybe it's really time for you to quit.

Some moderator please close this thread already.

Not new at all my friend, maybe only been to the forums a few times. Have put 117 hours into the game. Trinity currently is laughable under 50% of group situations involving heavy damage. Waiting to heal someone just to get a better mitigation has gotten my allies and me killed multiple times just tonight. It should have a base mitigation and go up from there, currently its passive is negligible at best as most invest in heavy shields not high health

With Respect,

117 hours is new... Just not "Brand New".

Perhaps you missed the point of my post...

You shouldn't be using Blessing purely for the side effect.

You should be using it for the heal. The Invincibility side effect offers a finite measure of mitigation.

The greater the percentage healed, the larger the mitigation.

Using it purely for the side effect is why it got nerfed.

If you have a group trained to avoid your WOL and EV targets you shouldn't be running into the issues you are stating.

If you are witholding Blessing to get a higher Invuln percentage then we are back to my original statement about side effects.

It the functional equivalent of taking medications that can cause anal leakage just to have anal leakage.

So? I made specific builds that I now have to adapt too. 

When you play MMO's or any early access/free2play game you need to learn to adjust to the fact that your character can change at any time. Which means the build you were using last week might be ineffective next.

This has happened in pretty much EVERY mmo I've ever played.

Trinity was broken and I knew she would have been fixed. Trinity is just as useful. Now for more reasons than just damage resistance. Not to mention... her casting time is faster.

You adjust by quitting the game and moving on.

That's the respect being shown to you, so feel free to give it back.  You don't owe DE your loyalty when they don't give it back to you, especially if you've invested money in their project.  If the game isn't fun for you, find one that is.

The white-knighting nerfers won't be satisfied until no one plays anymore.  That's their end goal. 

Dear OP,

If you hadn't noticed, many hated playing with a max duration blessing based trinity.  It made the game extremely unfun for those of us that like to have...well...any type of difficulty in the game.  So instead of relying on a crutch, maybe you should work at bettering your skills as a player and find a new build that works to your playstyle.  

Maybe you should have left him play how he wants, and play how you want, which is without a trinity.  If you done that, everyone could be happy.  Instead, you have to ruin it with your incessant whining about 'balance' in a game with no balance and where every attempt at balance has instead resulted in 'no fun'.

Waiting to heal someone just to get a better mitigation has gotten my allies and me killed multiple times just tonight.

Then start playing better?

You complained about the lack of invincibility during an assassination. Hardly the pinnacle of warframe difficulty. Frankly if you and your teammates need invincibility for an assassination you are either using gear too low for the mission or are hideously bad at the game (or both).

That's the respect being shown to you, so feel free to give it back.  You don't owe DE your loyalty when they don't give it back to you, especially if you've invested money in their project.  If the game isn't fun for you, find one that is.

The white-knighting nerfers won't be satisfied until no one plays anymore.  That's their end goal. 

It's a beta. Things will change. You won't get told in advance. You won't like some of them. You'll conveniently forget all the ones you did like.

Get over it.

It's not in Beta.  Beta's assume there will one day be a finished product.  When warframe is 'finished', then it will be shut-down.

Calling it 'beta' is an excuse for sloppy coding mistakes, a lack of documentation, and rapid and unreasonable changes to support nebulous goals like 'balance' which are really in support of 'cash shop purchases'.

Lots of finished products continue to be changed afterward.  You may have bought whole-hog into the myth, but those of us who remember the drop-table encryption and all the times something had to be datamined to prove DE had taken it out of the tables or reduced it to a negligible chance aren't so trusting, and that's a well-earned suspicion.

Just because other developers/publishers are equally untrustworthy doesn't make DE better.

-----

I'm happy to see the Pandora's box of crying for nerfs is finally reaching the 'Loki master race' crowd that started all the cries for nerfs.  Yes, their tears of justice will be delicious on the day when DE finally gets around to nerfing Loki's invisibility and radial disarm the way they've been nerfing all of the other useful warframe powers in the game.

And I'll be happily taking my own advice, and finding something new that's enjoyable.

And I am not a trinity player.

You're right I don't. But if you expect to get through any game without something getting fixed. Then you should probably stick to games that are offline. Otherwise you're just lying to yourself. and don't you dare call me a white-knight. I have my reasons for thinking the way I do. I've stated why. I don't need to show mercy to no greedy corporation.

Apparently fools seem to enjoy throwing that term out there just to discredit a perfectly valid argument. Pathetic.

Edited by Sutherland

Why?  I'm not offering 'feedback'.  I did that in the feedback forum.  I'm having a general discussion about the nature of Trinity.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Let me ask you something? How do I unread something?

Why?  I'm not offering 'feedback'.  I did that in the feedback forum.  I'm having a general discussion about the nature of Trinity.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Don't like what he wrote? Don't read it.

Same works both ways buddy.

You look at the topic, decide you don't want to read about that, and then don't.

You're presumably not a first grader.  Why do I have to explain this to you?

Ouch you must understand what I wrote I said unread not stop reading.

P.S sorry I forgot to put sarcasm in my post my fault.

P.P.S community is harsh reported.

P.P.P.S was joking but really people need to lighten up.

Edited by alphex2357