Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Excal Prime Actually Worse Then Standard Excal?

Korevas

Apparently, now the only benefit the excal prime brings is a second V polarity slot. The only frame mods that would go with that are continuity and focus.

Focus I can see being useful, but since we already have a slot for it on standard excal, it's either continuity or take a penalty. Personally, I don't see any use in continuity at all, it would only increase the radial blind which gets used pretty rarely anyway (there are rarely scenarios in which 2 slash dashes wouldn't be more useful).

So currently, I leave this slot open on my excal prime, and that doesn't really feel right for me.

What I'd like to see instead would be either another polarity slot (really anything would work better, preferrably D for shield/vitality), or if this is possible I'd suggest a "universal polarity" slot, as a unique perk. In practive, it would probably come down to being used as D polarity anyway, but it would be a nice touch to give the frame some more customizability.

The real question should be: Why is Excalibur Prime(along with other founder/CB stuff) anything more than a skin.

I know it's a PvE game primarily, but things like that are just plain wrong. It dosen't matter how much and when you paid, it should not affect gameplay balance.

Edited by Naqel

I can pretty much agree with this observation. The secondary V is more of a problem than an asset.

^ this i rarley see anyone use the prime atm and the ones i see say this as well.

Edited by Cetamana

I was really eager to buy founder package, yet after browsing through comments on wiki page and this thread I no longer wish to afford this...

Same here, I might wait for the next update with new mods, but founder package might disappear at the same time.. :(

Edited by Zashrak

Ash warframe faces this same problem - 2 V slots, and Continuity only affects a single Ash skill, smoke screen. Hopefully these frames will either have their polarities altered, or more V mods will be released that actually let those polarities be useful.

Here i agree too... the V slot is a drawback compared to the regular Excalibur...

The idea of an universal polarity slot seems nice but maybe a bit too much... a regular polarity other than V should be just fine.

@Longdraw: I never noticed any improvement in range of the Radial Javelin using Continuity... haven't tested on Slash Dash or Super Jump but it shouldn't be this MOD role by the description (unless i'm missing something there).

@Naqel: I do not think that offering a slightly better is really throwing off the balance of the game as the Prime Excalibur can only be used instead of the Excalibur and wouldn't replace another warframe. However, getting a slightly downgraded version of the warframe is just plain wrong imo.

PS: I might open another topic about it... but shouldn't the founders (Hunters and above) also receive a profile image of the prime Warframe along with it... that would be nice.

Edited by Djerem