Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0 & Vertical Strikes

PsychedelicSnake

Note: I'm not going to pretend this is the GREATEST IDEA EVAR!!!!11!!1! In fact, it's probably not all that great, but I thought it would be interesting nonetheless.

Two things are completely absent from Melee 2.0. Vertical striking (being able to hit targets above or below you) and Holding the Melee Button to perform an attack (I'm talking as a mechanic, not charge attacks).

So I figured, why not add them together? How about holding the Melee Button results in a vertical strike, or uppercut with the equipped melee weapon. It would start from the bottom, allowing the player to hit a target below them, then swing upwards, allowing the player to hit a target above them. The ability to send enemies airborne may also be worked in, which may help add at least some CC to many melee weapons.

A simple idea, and probably not the most well thought out, but I felt I should type it all down before I forgot about it.

Adding new strikes and attack keys could be a nice way to expand on what they've started with Melee 2.0.  Charge/hold could be used for some types of attacks, but I've also heard people mention the reload key as another option, since that button is unused in melee mode.  Doing both options open things up even more!  (melee attack, alt melee attack, hold melee attack, hold alt melee attack)

Adding new strikes and attack keys could be a nice way to expand on what they've started with Melee 2.0.  Charge/hold could be used for some types of attacks, but I've also heard people mention the reload key as another option, since that button is unused in melee mode.  Doing both options open things up even more!  (melee attack, alt melee attack, hold melee attack, hold alt melee attack)

I've been thinking on what I can do with the Reload Button lately, but so far haven't come up with anything.

I've been thinking on what I can do with the Reload Button lately, but so far haven't come up with anything.

Well, if we don't use melee key and reload key as normal swing and alt swing, we still don't have a throw button.  Now everyone can suplex Zanuka!  (bolo tie sold separately on the market, for 50 platinum)

To me, it sounds like this kind of thing.

lolwut, not exactly.

Just basic stuff like using regular melee attacks and combos airbourne.

Currently it's only coptering, wall attacks and the leap attack (jump slam). Nothing that can be comboed in the air.

There's some good news on that, at least.  Megan posted in the Orokin Shield Drone Unaffected By Melee thread and mentioned that QA is going to work on it.

Cool, hopefully it'll make them shootable by my Lanka again, too.

Then the only thing that refuses to notice my Lanka will be Lephantis. And they might even accidentally fix that, too, when they fix the OSD Melee glitch (as a programmer myself, that is how debugging works... fix one thing, you either create 20 new bugs or you fix 20 other bugs... it's about a 10% chance that what you fix only effects just itself).

Edited by TheBlueJelly