The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spider On The Loose

XandoCalrissian

Not having dealt with large spiders before, I feel I must ask this question.

Are they really so tough, that you can't just whack it with a newspaper or something?

And if you don't want to get within striking range, couldn't you just throw a ball at it?

It might make a bit of a mess on your wall, but atleast it would be dead, right?

As it's a wolf spider it has good vision and dodges attacks just in time and retreats every time I attack. As stated previously I even used a foil on it (and I have killed spiders with it before) and it matrix dodged every thrust. It's a war of attrition that can only be one by trying overly complicated methods of extermination, failing, succumbing to fatigue and falling asleep, and then waking up and dealing with it in the simplest way possible because you're grouchy as hell without coffee in the morning and don't have time for anything else.

Moral of the story, put off all your battles until you have no choice but to fight them because then it's the only choice you have so procrastination is not an option!

12 bore shotgun

failing that, borrow a Browning 50cal from your local army base.

I would like to see a spider dodge that.

that Browning gonna leave "some marks" in the house XD

i would prefer a L115A3

L115A3_side.jpg

Edited by Aeon66

Jesus christ man. I'm not affraid of spiders or anything, but I'm still kinda glad that we don't have those f*ckers here in little o'l Denmark.

Northern Europe FTW! It might be cold and rainy the majority of the time, but thank F*** we don't have any huge spiders!

Dude, we get freaking tarantulas out here in Texas.  I woke up to one sitting on my bedsheet the other day.  Scared the living daylights out of me.

Situation's not that bad I guess. Even though I find tarantulas kinda adorable , derpy and fluffy they are much, much bigger.

Blind it with household cleaner spray, bleach, glass, etc. Then go for either the legs or its face.

Be prepared to duck.

We had a hole filled with the things in our basement at our old house. Being covered in those things as a small child... yeah. I loathe the damn things.

Situation's not that bad I guess. Even though I find tarantulas kinda adorable , derpy and fluffy they are much, much bigger.

They are kinda fun to watch, but I definitely didn't want him walking around on me while I was sleeping.  XD  I let him go outside, and he scurried right off.