Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Technical Ranged Melee Weapon - Kusarigama, And Other Far Eastern Weapons

Vaskadar

Yes, this is the umpteenth thread asking for one, but this game needs much more attack variation with its weaponry, instead of 15 swords all being just slightly different. There need to be defining features that set each weapon apart.

Kusarigama.jpg

What I'm asking for is a Kusarigama with a ranged stun attack for charge melee (does little damage, but can be swept around) to chain for combo attacks with regular melee. It would have short range, but high base melee damage and rate to compensate for lack of damage output with charge melee. Charge damage mods would modify stun duration for the ranged melee attack and slightly increase charge damage.

Video Demonstration of Kusarigama

Its focus is on technique, critical chance and chaining melee.

Base melee damage: 30 to 35

Base attack rate: 1.5

Charge melee damage: 40

Charge melee speed: 1.3

Charge melee stun duration: 0.8 seconds

Crit chance: 20%

Crit damage: 1.8

Tjabang (Sai)

A weapon that is designed for blocking, the Tjabang (Sai) is a multi-purpose short-range weapon. It can be used in thrusting attacks as well as short range blunt attacks with the fists. It is also excellent for disarming and blocking opponent's melee attacks. Its thrusting attacks should ignore armor. It should have a fast attack rate, good block, and decent crit rate to compensate for low damage. Could be a reskin of the Fang, with higher crit damage or crit rate, but lower charge damage.

Base melee damage: 15

Base attack rate: 1.5 (Fang's double attack rate)

Charge Melee Damage: 40

Charge Melee Speed: 1.5

Crit Chance: 15%

Crit Damage: 1.5

Naginata

A cutting weapon with excellent range, the Naginata would be great as an alternative to the Bo staff, which does blunt damage instead of slashing damage. Statistically, it should be better than the Bo staff in terms of base attack, since it wouldn't have any armor ignore/raw damage output.

Base melee damage: 30

Base Attack Rate: 1.1

Charge Melee Damage: 100

Charge Melee Speed: 1.0

Crit Chance: 10%

Tonfa

A fast, hard-hitting blunt weapon with focus on rapid melee attacks, but with limited range. It would have innate stun bonuses (being a blunt weapon), and would have multi-hit capabilities (being a dual weapon). Its base damage would be decent, but its attack rate would be quite impressive, capping at 1.8x the base attack rate.

Base melee damage: 25

Base attack rate: 1.8

Charge Melee Damage: 75

Charge Melee Speed: 1.2

Edited by Vaskadar

They look, useless.

Back in the heyday of the feudal shogunates, these were the weapons of the shogun's "secret service" if you will. An excellent way to subvert enemy expectations by disarming them, or temporarily disabling them to close in for a fast kill. They're even in "Ninja" pop culture, being a pretty damn cool and unique weapon at their disposal.

since u mentioned this weapon u might as well include all the weapons for ninja's like SAI's, Claws, and those throwing needles lol. For me i thinks they should add another staff like weapon like a Spear, or Cross Spear (Yukimura Sanada: Samurai Warriors game if any played) or a naginata. You guys might think its all useless then go ahead.

and also Tonfa's : hell all the weapons that was mention from Ninja Gaiden series just better the exception of the Sythe

Edited by edryuu

Yes, this is the umpteenth thread asking for one, but this game needs much more attack variation with its weaponry, instead of 15 swords all being just slightly different. There need to be defining features that set each weapon apart.

Kusarigama.jpg

What I'm asking for is a Kusarigama with a ranged stun attack for charge melee (does little damage, but can be swept around) to chain for combo attacks with regular melee. It would have short range, but high base melee damage and rate to compensate for lack of damage output with charge melee. Charge damage mods would modify stun duration for the ranged melee attack and slightly increase charge damage.

Video Demonstration of Kusarigama

Its focus is on technique, critical chance and chaining melee.

Base melee damage: 30 to 35

Base attack rate: 1.5

Charge melee damage: 40

Charge melee speed: 1.3

Charge melee stun duration: 0.8 seconds

Crit chance: 20%

Crit damage: 1.8

Tjabang (Sai)

A weapon that is designed for blocking, the Tjabang (Sai) is a multi-purpose short-range weapon. It can be used in thrusting attacks as well as short range blunt attacks with the fists. It is also excellent for disarming and blocking opponent's melee attacks. Its thrusting attacks should ignore armor. It should have a fast attack rate, good block, and decent crit rate to compensate for low damage. Could be a reskin of the Fang, with higher crit damage or crit rate, but lower charge damage.

Base melee damage: 15

Base attack rate: 1.5 (Fang's double attack rate)

Charge Melee Damage: 40

Charge Melee Speed: 1.5

Crit Chance: 15%

Naginata

A cutting weapon with excellent range, the Naginata would be great as an alternative to the Bo staff, which does blunt damage instead of slashing damage. Statistically, it should be better than the Bo staff in terms of base attack, since it wouldn't have any armor ignore/raw damage output.

Base melee damage: 30

Base Attack Rate: 1.1

Charge Melee Damage: 100

Tonfa

A fast, hard-hitting blunt weapon with focus on rapid melee attacks, but with limited range. It would have innate stun bonuses (being a blunt weapon), and would have multi-hit capabilities (being a dual weapon). Its base damage would be decent, but its attack rate would be quite impressive, capping at 1.8x the base attack rate.

Base melee damage: 25

Base attack rate: 1.8

Charge Melee Damage: 75

Yeah I made a thread about a month ago about Tonfas, Escrima sticks and Sais. Sais for those who love them. Tonfas and Escrima stick for MEEEE because I love them. Lol!

Yeah I made a thread about a month ago about Tonfas, Escrima sticks and Sais. Sais for those who love them. Tonfas and Escrima stick for MEEEE because I love them. Lol!

Glad I could revive/rebirth your thread. I know these weapons have been asked for numerous times, so I figured I'd throw my 2 cents into the pot.

So lets think of this from a developer point of view.

We don't have animations for this.

Ranged melee attacks are currently buggy (anchients' tentacle attack)

Primarily used for dissarming.....every enemy either beats you with their fist....or uses bullets, not much to dissarm there.

It is a good weapon to have if your opponent is using a sword. If your opponent has a laser rifle...you loose :P

Those types of weapons aren't really that good. They are also horrible in a squad environment where you don't have to room to really swing them around without hitting your teammates. if you want interesting weapons, nun-chucks would probably be doable but they don't really have killing power.

Those types of weapons aren't really that good. They are also horrible in a squad environment where you don't have to room to really swing them around without hitting your teammates. if you want interesting weapons, nun-chucks would probably be doable but they don't really have killing power.

You don't have team damage in this game... :\

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like a Kusarigama...as long as they do it RIGHT.

Since the glaive is coming out friday, they have the mechanic style in place.

basic attack is the frame hacking and slashing a high speed high crit, low stun chance blade, while a charged attack is a (slightly) ranged chain-throw that throws the weight in either an arc or a straight line, with a high or guaranteed stun. This would allow strategy to stun, and then hack and slash.

• 2 months later...

So... we've gotten our Naginata in Double-Bladed Polearm form. I think this thread may need to get moved, though D:

I HAVE CALLED THEE FROM THE DEPTHS OF APRIL...

Kusarigama! GO!

Edited by Vaskadar