Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Themed Tile-Sets.

KyleDelta

I was thinking of more ways to extend the feel of a vast galaxy in warframe, Then I got to thinking about planet-themed tile-sets, What if there where specific rare tile-sets to the planets theme ( And not a singular tile I mean like a whole tile-set, But I guess that would be a bit time-consuming for the creators, Maybe something to do if they are bored..? )

Earth Tileset example:

Say theres a 85% chance you get the regular jungle tileset.

And a 5% ( say there are 3 rare tilesets ) you get one of the special rare tilesets for a round 

rare tilesets:

1: An above ground tileset that features jumping through the jungle trees and on grineer-made platforms/elevators for expeditions into the jungle below and small ports for docking grineer ships hauling Cicero-toxin, Maybe make some of the trees hollow for kubrows to climb up and attack the players/grineer.

2: the second one would be a kubrow cave/burrow, This tileset would be underground showing the vast dens of the kubrows, There would be an increased spawn rate of kubrows and a kubrow themed art style, The grineer have dug into the earth to plant Cicero toxin at its roots and/or trying to exterminate a kubrow colony.

3: A jungle mountain on earths surface, It would have frequent beautiful scenes of the vast thick orokin jungle that lay below and amazing waterfalls,  maybe show a few grineer ships flying by, The Grineer have taken over this mountain to set up a satellite/command station for the outlying grineer colony's so they can communicate.

Each of the sets would have their own ambiance/music theme and mission-tile specifics ( like a defense mission where a cryopod is being transported to the tree-line for the grineer to pick up )

And ETC for the other themed tilesets, Havn't had time to think about those but I think you get the idea, Now I know this would probably take up a LOT the level-designers time but then again its just a concept, I think it would go great with the new HUB coming out and player ships being made, And it would be a good reason to re-visit already completed worlds

Edit: Well apparently I'm not alone on this, seems there are a few others with similar ideas, Should have checked that beforehand, but this is just my interpretation of it I guess.

Edited by KyleDelta