The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If U Don't Like It - Go Play Something Else

dashashou

to all the people that say if u don't like it go play something else - there trying to say i love this game except - these parts . 

in their opinion  there trying to save / improve this game , that they care about just as much as you . 

if they didn't care that would bother to post .  So please  try to not rage at them .

I have one question about this. Isn't it an appropriate response to someone spewing bile about the game? I say this not from a place of "that ought to shut them up" but more from the thought that if the game which should make one happy is causing that level of anger it's best to walk away. The only thing such a person is working to do is spread their ill will to the rest of the community which I think we can all agree isn't needed. I might feel differently if such people ever settled down but it's frequently those people who take reasonable suggestions or counterpoints and reply by devolving the conversation further into the realm of personal attacks. In fairness both sides of that tend to be pretty bad but I don't support that kind of behavior regardless of which side of the arguement it's coming from. I know that personally if I ever feel the need to come post something like the nonsense we get after every nerf post it's time for me to hang up my vastos and move on to greener pastures. It helps that I know for a fact that the way such topics are commonly approached does far more harm than good.

People need to realize they aren't the center of the universe and its possible to be polite and measured even when giving negative feedback.

Then again I am asking humans to be thoughtful and reasonable. That's a losing battle in the real world but on the Internet it can't even be said to be a battle.

Edited by NevanChambers

Then again I am asking humans to be thoughtful and reasonable. That's a losing battle in the real world but on the Internet it can't even be said to be a battle.

If you don't like this planet go live on another one.

Edited by Zubaz

I have one question about this. Isn't it an appropriate response to someone spewing bile about the game? I say this not from a place of "that ought to shut them up" but more from the thought that if the game which should make one happy is causing that level of anger it's best to walk away. The only thing such a person is working to do is spread their ill will to the rest of the community which I think we can all agree isn't needed. I might feel differently if such people ever settled down but it's frequently those people who take reasonable suggestions or counterpoints and reply by devolving the conversation further into the realm of personal attacks. In fairness both sides of that tend to be pretty bad but I don't support that kind of behavior regardless of which side of the arguement it's coming from. I know that personally if I ever feel the need to come post something like the nonsense we get after every nerf post it's time for me to hang up my vastos and move on to greener pastures. It helps that I know for a fact that the way such topics are commonly approached does far more harm than good.

People need to realize they aren't the center of the universe and its possible to be polite and measured even when giving negative feedback.

Its really not in most cases for the simple reason that people overuse it as a defense for things that are obviously wrong

If it hadnt become such a cliche on this forum for poor and common use , which is often littered with bias and hate,  for people who cant pose any kind of argument other than go away because i dont like your opinion then maybe it would be a good argument

But as it stands now

Its a phrase for idiots to defend easy modes , for the most part