Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Should Defense Rewards Be Distributed

Acegikmo

While survival gets stacking rewards. defense gets 1 and each wave takes longer than 1 minute to do. So by the time you hit wave 5, you could be at 10 minutes and getting the second reward on a survival.

Now that the problem has been addressed, what would be a good way to fix this? This is just my idea and you can critique it, but I'm more interested in seeing other ways to make this game type give rewards in interesting ways besides just stacking them.

My idea is that: For the first 15 waves you get 2 to 3 choices for a reward every 5 waves and you can choose one or pass them over to try for something better. You need to pick something by wave 15 though, because from wave 15 to 30, you get a reset and can choose 1 more reward from between those waves. 

So basically, my idea is that you get to actually choose what you want (which isn't done by any other game type) every 15 waves. As an added bonus, you could throw in that idea from Devstream #29 where you could get lucky and find a stack of...something vs. just getting 1 to add a level of RNG you may not see again at later waves.

Wave 5 and Wave 10 - mediocre Rewards.

wave 15+ - rewards that are generally 'better' than Survival.

so then either choose the quick Survival that gets a bunch of perhaps garbage rewards, or the mildly longer Defense which only gets one Reward, but the Rewards offered will be much better.