The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alad V And A Second Chance To Get It Right

Kartumterek

No. We fight for balance. We keep both sides locked in an eternal struggle while we gain power, then we sweep them all away. 

Precisely, and since the Grineer are more powerful, we had to support the Corpus.

Now this is the part I'm confused about.

Alad V had his position from the Corpus board removed and is thus no longer backed by the Corpus, from what we know about the Gradivus Dilemma. He can now be considered his own faction, if anything.

If that is the case, why does he send the Harvester after Grineer supporters if he's no longer sided with the Corpus?

I would postulate because he has monitoring equipment that allows him to tap into corpus data feeds. Naturally the corpus being the technological fetishists that they are will have sensors out the wazoo (probably literally) in their soldiers suits. When the Tenno fight against the corpus he can gather said data to determine battle capability of individual Tenno, those who pass a certain threshold are "enrolled" into his continuing Zanuka project. He then dispatches the harvester to collect said Tenno. So he's not backed by the corpus nor is he really providing them aid but he understands the tec they use and can bend it to his whims.

I feel this is a plausible explanation, but I just made it up its not really backed by current lore.

Edited by NevanChambers

Precisely, and since the Grineer are more powerful, we had to support the Corpus.

Alad V is NOT Corpus. He is an abomination that must be cleansed. Even if he offers epic, no, EPIC rewards, he will be purged. No mercy.

That's exactly what I loved about the Gradivus Dilemma so much- people were actually getting into it.. there were really discussions about whom to side with. Which was really cool, imo.

There has been nothing compareable to this point.

But I hope there will be. *patiently waiting for Prpxy wars*

This post really sums up my opinion on this event.

Sadly, I actually didn't participate in the Gradivus Dilemma...Burnt out on Warframe gameplay, but it was pretty cool seeing people take the decisions into a in-character-like manner. Seeing more of this would be pretty cool, but Alad V is supposedly with the infested now, right? I guess we're all just going to team up to slice him in half!

If we can, that is.

Other than that, I would have supported the Grineer during the dilemma honestly, though good points are being made about the Corpus, maybe they do release people from their service eventually? Was the cost of millions worth a few of our brothers and sisters? If we see a event like this again (Infested attack colonies maybe? And we have to choose which planet to save/tenno squads being caught and choosing to save them or civilians?) I'd think it'd be nice for us Tenno to show we're willing to help out others than our own kind, but I just hope our sacrifices don't end up with very painful consequences...

Yes, we're sort of talking about the new event in the context of the GD. Kinda like how we used to talk a out Melee 2.0 in context of the old Melee, cause that ever made sense.

Talking about new event....  AladV bringing back the infested - will this be the proxy wars already?

Infestation coming back to the map (why anyone thinks this is a good idea story wise is beyond me) and Alad V is behind it... you guys are up in arms about Grineer enslaving ppl, but seem to be OK with those same ppl being horribly mutated and warped into Infested that you can farm easy mode because they have no counter to Vauban/penta...

Sounds legit

Alad V is NOT Corpus. He is an abomination that must be cleansed. Even if he offers epic, no, EPIC rewards, he will be purged. No mercy.

And yet he holds considerable power that can rival the Corpus and possibly the Grineer. We keep him in to weaken all sides, including himself, then we swoop in and bag them all up so we can remove all threats of the Solar System. 

And yet he holds considerable power that can rival the Corpus and possibly the Grineer. We keep him in to weaken all sides, including himself, then we swoop in and bag them all up so we can remove all threats of the Solar System.

Problem with your little scenario is that the Tenno need to make a move NOW, not later. There is a new faction coming, you can rest assured they hate us just like the other four (grinder, corpus, infested, alad)

Can we PLZ get rid of at least one of these?

Problem with your little scenario is that the Tenno need to make a move NOW, not later. There is a new faction coming, you can rest assured they hate us just like the other four (grinder, corpus, infested, alad)

Can we PLZ get rid of at least one of these?

We can play the puppeteer, manipulating all sides (barring infested, since all they want is to consume us) to fight against each other in a bloody war, with only token support from our side. Once the war is over, we sweep away the ultimate loser, weaken the victor, then start over again. The Infested we can fight against with flamethrowers (And by that, I mean true flamethrowers). 

We can play the puppeteer, manipulating all sides (barring infested, since all they want is to consume us) to fight against each other in a bloody war, with only token support from our side. Once the war is over, we sweep away the ultimate loser, weaken the victor, then start over again. The Infested we can fight against with flamethrowers (And by that, I mean true flamethrowers).

How many billions of innocents will die while you drag on your puppet war? We have a chance to end it and RULE, as is our place. Not bicker with the weaklings. Sooner or later they are ALL gonna team up against us. We do not have the numbers to fight a 5 front war.

How many billions of innocents will die while you drag on your puppet war? We have a chance to end it and RULE, as is our place. Not bicker with the weaklings. Sooner or later they are ALL gonna team up against us. We do not have the numbers to fight a 5 front war.

We follow the tactics used by Alad: Split up into three groups. The first group will be responsible for manipulating the various factions into war. The second group will support factions at key points of the war, and will be supported by the first group to wipe out the loser when a war is over. The third group will protect the innocents anyway they could. 

Yes, some people might perceive the use of his tactics distasteful, but be reminded that a tactic is a tactic. It is independent from the user. 

Edited by Renegade343

We follow the tactics used by Alad: Split up into three groups. The first group will be responsible for manipulating the various factions into war. The second group will support factions at key points of the war, and will be supported by the first group to wipe out the loser when a war is over. The third group will protect the innocents anyway they could.

Yes, some people might perceive the use of his tactics distasteful, but be reminded that a tactic is a tactic. It is independent from the user.

Tenno are few in number. Why ppl keep ignoring this very important fact is beyond me. We simply do not have the numbers. We are a quality versus quantity faction.

The most shameful defeat for elite troops is to get owned by enemy scrubs, and that's going to be our fate if we don't act on a unified front and start removing threats to our ascension

Remove Corpus and Alad V completely

Steer Infested to Grineer. Observe the heavyweight championship match of the century

Clean up the remnants of the victor

TENNO RULE SUPREME

Just in time for new enemies

Edited by Kartumterek

Tenno are few in number. Why ppl keep ignoring this very important fact is beyond me. We simply do not have the numbers. We are a quality versus quantity faction.

The most shameful defeat for elite troops is to get owned by enemy scrubs, and that's going to be our fate if we don't act on a unified front and start removing threats to our ascension

Few in number? I think we have the number to form a few legions of Tenno, but I see your point about quality versus quantity. 

We could always smash the cloning tubes of the Grineer to remove them (New Sabotage Missions!)...

Edited by Renegade343

Few in number? I think we have the number to form a few legions of Tenno, but I see your point about quality versus quantity. 

We could always smash the cloning tubes of the Grineer to remove them (New Sabotage Missions!)...

A 4 Tenno cell kills how many enemies in a standard 30 min survival/defense? In one mission there's up to 20 tenno (4 plus 4 revives each) versus thousands and thousands of mobs

We are WAY outnumbered by everyone else

A 4 Tenno cell kills how many enemies in a standard 30 min survival/defense? In one mission there's up to 20 tenno (4 plus 4 revives each) versus thousands and thousands of mobs

We are WAY outnumbered by everyone else

But smashing cloning tubes require 1 Tenno, no (We can take down whole ships/outposts with 1 Tenno, so why not?)? We smash the cloning tubes, steal their DNA templates, Grineer power weakens (I hope). 

If it was so easy the Grineer wouldn't be the strongest faction in the galaxy... the only thing that the Grineer fear is TIME... the longer the conflict lasts the more messed up they get. Corpus and Infested on the other hand can take all the time they need. Money making and eating can go on forever.

My personal two cents, siding with the Grineer in the Gradivus Dilemma was just as bad a idea as siding with the Corpus. People keep saying that enslavement is preferable to guaranteed death, but how many people do you think the Grineer killed on their warpath through. They didn't just take prisoners, you know. What about the people that died in slavery? On a strict set of scales, the number of Tenno saved is almost certainly less then the people you just inadvertently sacrificed because you didn't think things through.

It was a nice moral quandary, though. There was no right answer.

My personal two cents, siding with the Grineer in the Gradivus Dilemma was just as bad a idea as siding with the Corpus. People keep saying that enslavement is preferable to guaranteed death, but how many people do you think the Grineer killed on their warpath through. They didn't just take prisoners, you know. What about the people that died in slavery? On a strict set of scales, the number of Tenno saved is almost certainly less then the people you just inadvertently sacrificed because you didn't think things through.

There was no right answer, but there was a clear winner and a clear loser. Take care of your own first, before you can take care of others

Tenno are few in number ...

I think we should keep in mind what besides Tenno are OP there are Red Vail and other friends and, mb,  just mercenaries, who support our  "Lotus rebellion"

^this

There was no right answer, but there was a clear winner and a clear loser. Take care of your own first, before you can take care of others

Speaking of others, how the hell did the cryopods end up on Sedna in the first place? I can't seem to think of a logical answer to this.