Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T4 Enemies And T4 Keys...de We...

BloodArmoredApostle

Yes, it has. I learned we do want new content. New enemies added to make a challenge of course, but having a t4 key or t4 content wouldn't take away from any rng already in the game. All the enemies will be on distributed evenly on these different mission types. Plus it's the fun factor of killing difficult targets anyways. This would allow some level of hardcore gameplay. Your best gear against the best enemies type. They could scale down the damage enemies do at higher levels a tad to allow you to progress without needing to have to stay out of LOS of a enemy. Great example is the napalm issue. Once you get to a certain level they one shot you no matter what you do IE Level 75 napalm will kill any shields/health/armor. Present this as a addition to End Game Content. It would make for a interesting mix and option to do as well for players, but the rewards should justify the challenge as well.

Only it will not be hardcore. Players with "underleveled gear" get a chance to play T4 too. Not that I agree, but that's how it is.

Yes, it has. I learned we do want new content. New enemies added to make a challenge of course, but having a t4 key or t4 content wouldn't take away from any rng already in the game. All the enemies will be on distributed evenly on these different mission types. Plus it's the fun factor of killing difficult targets anyways. This would allow some level of hardcore gameplay. Your best gear against the best enemies type. They could scale down the damage enemies do at higher levels a tad to allow you to progress without needing to have to stay out of LOS of a enemy. Great example is the napalm issue. Once you get to a certain level they one shot you no matter what you do IE Level 75 napalm will kill any shields/health/armor. Present this as a addition to End Game Content. It would make for a interesting mix and option to do as well for players, but the rewards should justify the challenge as well.

What i would rather expect de to do is put these 75lvl napalms instead of fixing anything and thats why im against it. What i hope them to do is fix it, but i really doubt that its possible to make t4 challenging without rebalancing whole game.

Adding T4 keys only delays the inevitable.

"Going wide" on Void mission types like Glen suggested on the livestream also only delays it, but presumably by a bit more.

What we really need is a load of the older stuff moved out of the Void and into somewhere else, like the Starmap itself.

Little reason for players to go back to a particular level? Stick a single Void part in that level as a low-chance reward, and suddenly all the development time, resources and money used to create that tileset and its enemies don't feel as wasted.

How do we know?

1. It doesn't fix the problem with void drops, it simply shuffles around the RNG.

2. It's not "new" content, it'd simply be enemies with their levels raised.

3. What direction? The grind? The excessive RNG? The lack of real content? Personally, I hate ALL of that.

What if in T4 we battle an entirely new faction in a new location with an entirely new tile set.

Don't get your hopes up. This is very very unlikely.

You should watch the livestreams that they show the new void tileset. Factions have been talked about for a while. New factions are confirmed. It seems very likely for them to exist in the new tileset or at least a corrupted version. 

Surprises happen you know.

Yes. Some of them are good. Others not.

You should watch the livestreams that they show the new void tileset. Factions have been talked about for a while. New factions are confirmed. It seems very likely for them to exist in the new tileset or at least a corrupted version. 

New faction is confirmed for Dark Sectors. Not the void. Also however good the tileset is, with current movement set, that tileset is wasted. Coptering and Sprint>Slide>Jump>repeat. However good that "new faction" is, with the current gameplay set, that "new faction" changes nothing. Just some pretty art. So yeah, I don't expect anything but that art. 

Surprises happen you know.

They're also rare and unexpected, that's why they're surprising. There's no reason to expect T4 to actually include anything new, and far more reason to think otherwise (as noted, new faction's confirmed for the Dark Sectors, not void).

When it comes to the Void, it still uses the exact same enemies it did a year ago. Hell, to this day, the Crewmen still use the old Strun placeholder for the Sobek. Fact is, insofar as actually adding anything new to the void itself (as opposed to just new gear to fetch), they've basically left it to rot since around U9 aside from a few changes to some of the existing tiles - you might as well expect them to add a new faction to Phobos.

Edited by Taranis49