Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Artist Question.

jojafnot

It's mostly for just Illustrators or just anybody that draws on the computer in general.
But how do you tend to draw and what's your tools.
Because I just wondering how they can do all this cool stuff.
Sorry if I ask. Orz
Edit:
Here's one of my art.
2i014HW.png

Edited by jojafnot

If you want to get into drawing digitally, get a cheap tablet and use it for all your doodles. I don't mean an expensive graphics artist tablet or whatever, I mean a normal Android tablet or something, just download an app that lets you draw on it. Or just draw on paper, get a tablet later. Scan your images and paint them digitally.

Step 2 is learning how to draw and color, there's no way around it. Eventually you'll get better and better, like with anything you practice.

Edited by DarkTails

I like paint tool sai, also recently got a cintiq 13hd lovely tool, I draw everything on 1 layer, and mainly only use 1-2 brushes so nothing really special, also I barely use the colour I want I rather "mix" them on the fly.

btw here are some useful links:

http://len-yan.deviantart.com/art/black-general-walkthrough-334551425

http://navate.deviantart.com/art/SKIN-a-tutorial-Part-1-144294636

NSFW:
http://plusnine.deviantart.com/art/LiquidCharm-prog-402500574

I didn't draw it that way but it still gives a nice insight

Edited by Jun-Mai

I use Photoshop, Brush, Eraser, Eyedroper, Color picker.

Just draw and paint with the same Brush, eraser for cleaning up, eyedroppr for picking the color I was using directly from the painting I'm working on, and adjust the right tone in color picker.

This is my usual Brush setting;
tumblr_m1547xEWR71r7tywco1_500.jpg

And some practicing.

Here for my step by step

I use Photoshop, Brush, Eraser, Eyedroper, Color picker.

Just draw and paint with the same Brush, eraser for cleaning up, eyedroppr for picking the color I was using directly from the painting I'm working on, and adjust the right tone in color picker.

This is my usual Brush setting;

tumblr_m1547xEWR71r7tywco1_500.jpg

And some practicing.

Here for my step by step

I see. 

Well. I might want to draw on photoshop more, but how do I get the pen pressure right? 

I use Photoshop too, and set up my brush a lot like Yuikami but I use the hard round for almost everything (except highlight and shadow overlays). When I am blocking in hard tones, I press the 0 key to have a 100% opaque brush and block things in. When I begin to shade, I hit 5 to make it 50% opaque, it softens the brush a little and I start layering tones. When I am smoothing out areas, I hit 3 for 30% opacity, and if I need it really really smooth, I'll just smudge little areas at a time (I rarely use the smudge tool). I also use the alt key for the eyedropper tool to grab colors/shades really fast. 

Also I think there's two main schools for coloring: Coloring all on one layer or a few full color layers, or shading everything in black and white and then adding color overlays on top of it. I am of the latter group. Do what works for you though! 

I see. 

Well. I might want to draw on photoshop more, but how do I get the pen pressure right? 

That's depends on how you control your hand and the quality of your tablet and how much is its sensitivity.