Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voice Commands

Mrevasivepants

I know this may have been suggested before, but i don't want to bump old topics(if they were not archived yet) and give my own opinion.

Voice commands in Warframe would be, in my opinion great, they'd help coordinate much better with the team and help out newbies that sometimes don't know how to read.

Voice commands like:
"I'm activating the life support."
"Follow me."

"Focus the prosecutors!"

"Please deploy a energy restore beacon."

Those type of commands would be both interesting and very helpful inside the game, especially for PS4 users so they don't feel forced to use the chat so much.

Why not just use voice chat?

Let's face it, most of us don't use voice chat in warframe, hell, most of us have it turned off because of squeekers, people with bad mics, loud backgrounds, 12 year old kids, Non-Understandble language and etc etc.

The voice commands would use recorded voices at the DEstudio and they would match the WARFRAME's voice, for example, Saryn could say one of the voice lines with her sexy girl voice, while nekros could say one other line with his death soundly badass voice.

HerpderpMcderp, imma spam voice cmds all day long hurrdurr.

To prevent spam, each time you use a voice command, you'll have a 10 seconds cooldown until you can use it again, and if you repeatly use the same voice command over and over again in a period of time (say, 1 minute), then you'd be restricted from using the voice command feature for the rest of the match you are playing in.

What do you think about this ideia(that possibly has been pointed out several times)? 
PS: I'm pretty sure this was mentioned in one of the Devstreams a good while ago, but can't remember.

PPS: This is gonna be a huge blind-shot and kind of an idiotic request, but if this ideia would ever come up to be created, i'm thinking of starting a voice-over career, and i'd like to at least voice one the warframes that would use the voice command, keep in mind i've never done a voice over before and i do not know the requirements for it, has i am a newbie to it, still if i'm not accepted, thank you for reading this.

Honestly, that could be nice. It can be difficult playing with people I'm not in a call with because of miscommunications and such. I'd personally be all for it, and having a break in between uses would definitely help with a spamming issue. I'd like some way to mute people who overdue it, though.

VGTG VGS

Voice and face will likely not happen as it takes away from the mysterious "secret identity" of the tenno.

A menu with selectable commands might be something though. Don't know if DE will act on this though as it has been suggested a great number of times.

Voice and face will likely not happen as it takes away from the mysterious "secret identity" of the tenno.

A menu with selectable commands might be something though. Don't know if DE will act on this though as it has been suggested a great number of times.

The thing is, voice would be ever so helpful, because in the thrill of battle you're unlikely to pay attention to the chat, nor you have enough time to type: "Trinity! use blessing please!" while you're being swarmed by thousands of enemies and you need a quick heal. Also yes it is true that the "secret identity" is an important factor to keep us guessing in the game, but keep in mind they are several people who use their voice and yet keeps us interested in them because they never show their faces ever, not even when blogging or reading messages they get, a great example is the youtuber: Penguinz0, also known as cr1tikal, he makes the funniest of videos, he uses commentary with his voice, yet never in more than 4 years he has shown his face.

Edited by Mrevasivepants

-snip-

I understand that voice is something that is technically superior in direct communication in game. I'm not against it, just doubtful of it ever happening.

A menu/hotkeys with voice or text commands/both would be very nice. With premade sentences there is also the benefit of translation into other players selected language.

Ie:

"option 1" : Help!/ Hilfe!/ Ayuda!/ Aider! ...aso.

If voice was needed perhaps the Lotus could speak?

Player 1-4 needs ammo - (display "ammo" icon on player).

Player 1-4 requires aid - (display "cross" icon on player).

Follow player 1-4 - (display "arrow" on player).

Defend this location - (Display "shield" icon on map (at current location of issuing player). Optional Shield icon with number of issuing player (Shield¹).)

Edited by Barda1

If voice was needed perhaps the Lotus could speek?

Player 1-4 needs ammo - (display "ammo" icon on player).

Player 1-4 requires aid - (display "cross" icon on player).

Follow player 1-4 - (display "arrow" on player).

Defend this location - (Display "shield" icon on map (at current location of issuing player). Optional Shield icon with number of issuing player (Shield¹).)

That is also a very cool alternative. on a different unrelated matter: davro could voice it for us xD

That is also a very cool alternative. on a different unrelated matter: davro could voice it for us xD

Tried to make a simple radial menu.

u4NlIgw.png

Now there would likely not be just pictures but this is more for the "theme" of what it could be. Also sexier graphics would be in order XD

Red: Aid - need help, ammo, energy etc.

Green: Attack commands. (don't know what but maybe, take out the heavy, hold your fire - stealth? aso)

Yellow: Movement/map commands - follow me, open this door, elevator, go there/here...

Blue: Defend - the objective (pod/vip/reactor) hold ground etc.

Pink: Misc. what ever it could be.

Step 1: Press "t"
Step 2: Type words
Step 3: Press "enter"
Step 4: infallible communication with those who speak the same language, supposing you use something resembling grammar.

Voice chat is usually messy, hard to understand, or difficult to tell who it is coming from.