The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cover System

At many different times, we have seen the AI run and hide for cover, and most of the time it works for them until you run up and smash their face in. However, this cover system could be of some use to the Tenno. We just stand there... getting shot... no problem. However, there are still times when just standing there for too long results in losing health, and losing health results in death. Just have to add one little extra mechanic to the game. The way you would get to cover is fairly simple. press the space bar twice. TA DA! Now, from certain directions, you are safe. The best part? If you don't want to move into cover, just don't do it! Everyone wins.

DE doesn't want a cover system because it would slow down the game movement to much. If you really want to hide, then just stand behind a box or wall. Works more or less the same.

this

It is not a bad idea, but I feel that it runs contrary to the core mechanics of speed and constant motion that Warframe was build on.  This is not Mass Effect or Gears of War, games about future soldier who utilize (semi)realistic battlefield tactics.  Warframe is a game about space ninjas.  The whole idea behind the Tenno is a small, powerful faction that strikes hard and fast and never sticks around long.  The Grineer and the Corpus have the luxury of hiding behind their boxes until we get around to splitting their skulls open.  Tenno do not use cover for the very simple reason that it slows them down and leaves them open to flanking.

Or, just read the opinions of almost every responder above me.  They sum it up in far fewer words.

Edited by Temperance000

It is not a bad idea, but I feel that it runs contrary to the core mechanics of speed and constant motion that Warframe was build on.  This is not Mass Effect or Gears of War, games about future soldier who utilize (semi)realistic battlefield tactics.  Warframe is a game about space ninjas.  The whole idea behind the Tenno is a small, powerful faction that strikes hard and fast and never sticks around long.  The Grineer and the Corpus have the luxury of hiding behind their boxes until we get around to splitting their skulls open.  Tenno do not use cover for the very simple reason that it slows them down and leaves them open to flanking.

Or, just read the opinions of almost every responder above me.  They sum it up in far fewer words.

Even in Mass Effect 3 MP, we don't need cover system. Just use right hand advantage is sufficient to provide better defense and mobility compared to cover system.

Recent game that use it well is Ghost recon but that game is mainly about flanking tactic.

DE doesn't want a cover system because it would slow down the game movement to much.

Yeah, I would be fine if that was how it really worked. I'm on a huge break from the game, because of how annoyed I am with the "difficulty" it has. I'm a (forced) solo player, and trying to go along with that speed thing by going in and killing everything doesn't really work. I'm forced to use the improvised cover system (hiding behind things) and still die. So, until it's actually possible to play the game without having to use my revives, or something really cool comes up (player ships), I probably won't be playing this game.

OP: Like someone else said, I'd at least like one that works the same as in Deus Ex for stealth. That game is amazing.

DE doesn't want a cover system because it would slow down the game movement to much. If you really want to hide, then just stand behind a box or wall. Works more or less the same.

if they don't want the game to be slow then they should buff stamina

That is what mods are for ^^

Mods are supposed to be optional not a requirement.  Stamina was fine until a few updates ago when they nerfed it hard.  Now if you want to run a decent distance without stopping for you  NEED either need Marathon or Quick rest(sometimes both).  And don't get me started on how bad the stamina drain is with these hyped up melee 2.0 stances.