Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Question About Ammo Mutations?

(PSN)FrellMeDead

Question

9 answers to this question

<p>Getting rid of those pesky fusion cores and credits mostly.  Most weapons can manage just fine as long as you dont put "speed mods" on  them.  Dual furis with speedmod and an extended magazine is like 3clips in 5 seconds.   Maybe for really really new players this has a benifit sicne they cant afford building ammo restores to bring with me.  This event was the biggest waste of time ever (originally they vere event only mods) hours of grind for intruder level of goodness mods.  Afuris dual vipers might be guns where you'd consider using this</p>

<p> </p>

Edited by Avoozle

My advice is that it depends on the weapon you're using, as well as your aura.  I use ammo mutations on any weapon I suspect I'll run out of ammo on, such as the Soma, Dread, Vectis, and Sobek (for Survival and Defense missions).  If you're using a weapon with a low base damage, you'll eat up ammo like crazy.  At the same time, if you're using a scavenger aura that increases your ammo gathering (such as Shotgun Scavenger), you may or may not need the ammo mutation.

Best advice is just to experiment and find out what works for you.  If at any time you run out of ammo, you should consider either the scavenger aura or using the mutation mod.

For some weapons that consume ammo very quickly, Muts are very very useful for keeping a healthy stockpile of ammo. In my opinion, its very worth upgrading them with cores. Don't fuse any two together though cuz they can sell for a healthy amount.

Weapons that Muts are good for, in no particular order:

Primaries:Soma, Amprex, Ignis, Synapse, Gorgon(all varients), Flux Rifle, Supra, Miter, Sobek, Boar(all varients), Grakata

Secondaries: Vipers(all varients), Furis(all varients), Stug, Cestras(all varients), Embolist, Hikou, Akstiletto

Got nothing to do right now, so I decided to just show the cost to max a ammo mutation mod using all the mods and cores I have.  Here are the results...All values taken from the game by choosing to fuse the mod, checking the cost but not applying it and making it permanent.

No of    Credit 

Mods    Cost     Mod Used

7           6,300   Ammo Mutation
26        11,700  Common 1
19        11,400  Common 2
15        11,250  Common 3
13        11,700  Uncommon 1
9          10,800  Uncommon 2
7          10,500  Uncommon 3
5          9,000    Uncommon 4
5          10,500  Uncommon 5
8          10,800  Rare 1
6          10,800  Rare 2
4          9,000    Rare 3
4          10,800  Rare 4
3          9,450    Rare 5
1          0           Legendary

So you look at those values and decide which one is best for ranking up ammo mutation and if it's worth it or not.   Keep in mind that you can also sell ammo mutation mod to other players for platinum.  Doesn't go for much but they drop rarely enough that people are always willing to buy it.   I personally use my mutation mods to rank up my mutation mods and save my fusion cores for rank 10 mods.   Because you'll need thousands of cores and 300,000+ credits to max rank most mods that go up to rank 10.    Redirection, Vitality, Steel fiber, Narrow Minded, Blind Rage, Heavy caliber, Serration....lets say you want those mods (and maybe some others) at rank 10....well you're talking a crap load of fusion cores that will be needed.   So I choose to save my fusion cores for such mods and use same type mods to level up things like ammo mutation because I don't think they go for enough to save for selling to players...but then I don't know the current market for it so I'm just guessing it's not worth it.   It's just a rarely enough used mod that I don't think people are paying too much platinum.   But check the rates for yourself and decide if you want to sell mutation mods or use them to rank up mutation mods.

Oh and one more thing....you can also use other mods to rank up things like ammo mutation instead of fusion cores.   Say you have 500 ammo drum mods, use as much of those kinds of extra mods you may have before you use fusion cores.  Not only do they ramp up the cost slower than fusion cores do, but it helps save your fusion cores for more important mods.  

Almost forgot, try to use mods with the same polarity as they rank up mods more than using a mod of a different polarity.

Edited by Krymanol

I was wondering if it is actually worth fusing ammo mutation mods. I really don't use them that much if at all but I was wondering if there was any point/benefit to fusing/upgrading them.

I use a boltor prime and believe me, with that rate of fire you'll need extra ammo, i maxed my rifle ammo mut and work wonderfully, it's a must if you're not switching between melee and rifle but if you're using only rifle then you'll need it.