Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

From The Lore I've Pieced Together (Prime Logs)

RustyNaps

Looking at prime logs and the games aesthetics I have pieced together some lore about our Tenno that I find to be true. 

Please note this is my opinion from observation and deciphering of Prime Warframe Codex logs and the games surroundings. You don't have to listen to me or abide by my findings, this is just what I find to be the most accurate.

Prime Codex Logs I used:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur_(Warframe)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ember_(Warframe)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mag_(Warframe)

THE TENNO AND THE WARFRAME:

Our Warframes we play as seem to be individuals as the Excalibur Prime codex log indicates that each Warframe suit is tailor made for each Tenno so they can control their powers. Each Warframe you craft in a foundry is indeed a different Tenno. There may be some inconsistencies with this and the game but it could be possible we are building the Warframe for the Tenno (Who oddly enough don't have a Tenno model)we save in the cyropods on defense missions.

THE TENNO'S POWERS:

The Excalibur Prime Codex Log and the Ember Prime Codex Log say that our Tenno powers do not come from the Warframe suit nor the T-cyte virus but from Void Exposure. In the Excalibur Prime logs the Orokin turned to the ones left in the Void and they were discovered twisted; practically with uncontrollable powers. It goes on to say they built a frame around them to channel their powers. Tenno powers come from the carzyness of the Void and no where else. This is further confirmed in the Ember Prime logs where Kaleen (Maybe an Orokin who is associated with the Tenno project) is burned by a frightened Tenno child who is not said to be wearing a Warframe. It seems Void Exposure mutations are either slow or only affect young bodies so that could be why children are used.

THE T-CYTE:

This is from own speculation and ideas from Darksector and Warframe aesthetics. 

The T-Cyte is a cloud of nanites that collects and absorbs biomass (Thats why they can also infect machines). We know this to be true from Darksector. In Warframe though, there appears to be 3 kinds floating around; 2 in Orokin made structures and ships. I have some ideas that might connect them to their original purposes.

ORANGE T-CYTE: These are the Weaponized Plague versions used as the last resort for beating the Sentient. They consume and mutate biomass to form effective but crude creatures and monsters. The Ancients are said to be the Orokin made creatures who spread the plague though; they've grown twisted over the years (this was said in the live stream where the new ancient model was shown I think). From the recent Alad V alerts it seems the process for infection is slow (poor larry).

BLUE T-CYTE: These are found floating about in Derelict Ships along with Brown Branches with similar Blue Growth. These branches are also found in our Dojo's. I have came to the conclusion these branches must be Power Conduits or Cables; making this Blue T-cyte possibly an alternative to electricity to powering structures like the Derelicts and Dojo's. Or possible component manufacturing.

WHITE T-CYTE: Commonly found floating about in the Void. Like the Blue T-cyte they seem to be dispersed through these silver white branches found in Void structures. That could mean they are  a form of power source much like the Blue T-Cyte but the enemies found in the Void are also coated with silver/white with a hint of gold. Lotus says these enemies were the ones whom fell here and succumbed to the Neural Sentry which leads me to the possible fact the White T-cyte might be the Neural Sentry. The Neural Sentry T-Cyte might be a controlled version of the Plague that infects downed enemies and makes them serve Orokin under a computer network probably designed by the Orokin.

WARFRAMES:

How exactly are these crafted? Well from the intel I've gathered from the Prime Logs, previous title Dark Sector and the possible T-Cyte versions in the game; Our Warframes might be built out of the Plague and Power T-Cyte. Tailor made for each Tenno with such affliction from Void exposure. Our Warframes are nothing more than mere power conduits to channel our strengths in the right direction. 

Well this is what I have pieced together from just playing and codex. I may be wrong or I may be right but this is how I see my Tenno. Each warriors with their own personalities, skills, techniques and ideas. All fighting for a single cause.

I hope you liked reading this :P.

I like this. It's nice to see the lore of this game coming together in such interesting ways. I can't wait for more.

Either can I! Though I hope DE makes it less puzzle like. Not many people have time to put it together :P

the suits are not "custom made for a single tenno", they are interchangable.

how the bosses refer to you by name, and you suit as equipment, and how we design warframes in tenno labs are proof of that

some examples;

"your EXCALIBUR would look so great on my wall"

"your RHINO looks so.... slippery"

the suits do not define the tenno, the tenno are actual beings.

Edited by HillsAndTheSea

how the bosses refer to you by name, and you suit as equipment, and how we design warframes in tenno labs are proof of that

some examples;

Read the Excalibur Prime lore. The suits are made for each Tenno with a certain affliction. Thats just a game inconsistency.

If you would've read through the whole thing I've stated that the game and current lore don't mix with eachother very well.

But like I said you don't have to listen to me! 

some examples;

I see you have never played the 2008 warframe game

Thanks for rounding up the lore, I would've never done it myself due to laziness.

Are you going to update this in the future?

I most definitely will when more rises about. Hopefully more stuff like Excals and Embers. Mag Prime lore doesn't help at all :I (But it was a nice action read!)

Very good read and makes sense. Like stated above I wish you didn't have dig and then decipher so much to get to this conclusion

My opinion is that the Lotus is that computer network/ai you speak of

Yeah. And even with my digging I still might not have the full story. Might not even be right :P.

Yes, I was under the assumption the Lotus was a figure head of the Lotus faction but thats thrown out the door thanks to the rescue targets turning into Red Veil members. So she's probably Orokin AI.

Yes I'm sorry I meant she is orokin ai. Seems to me like she is carrying out the dying wishes of her creators through us tenno

Huh. You may be right. I never looked at it that way.

That'd make for some very good story!

I like this. It's nice to see the lore of this game coming together in such interesting ways. I can't wait for more.

^this^

some examples;

didn't DE state that the Lotus isn't an AI in a livestream? if you look at her it seems she is wearing a warframe suit(maybe for non-combat) and her gold trim definitely point toward orokin though. im positive she's not an AI because even the enemies have refereed to her as living and not as an AI. i don't beleive she is an AI but who knows..... right?

didn't DE state that the Lotus isn't an AI in a livestream? if you look at her it seems she is wearing a warframe suit(maybe for non-combat) and her gold trim definitely point toward orokin though. im positive she's not an AI because even the enemies have refereed to her as living and not as an AI. i don't beleive she is an AI but who knows..... right?

Well theres not many theories left now after DE threw my head of Lotus faction idea out the door by turning them into red veil.

Either she's some AI or the very last Orokin.

I have to agree with HillsAndTheSea. He made some good points.

Like how can you explain that we, as the players, are capable of selling said Warframes?. I mean wouldn't that mean that we are stripping a fellow Tenno of his/her Warframe for meager 10000 credits?. That doesn't sound very honorable or smart to me and as i recall correctly Tenno are supposed to be rather honorable People, with them upholding the balance and all that stuff. Besides if that was supposed to be true, the Tenno wearing the Frame would surely also have a say in that and not just be all cool with it, while someone else is selling their Warframe to some shady Corpus.

Connecting Dark Sectors lore to this (the game, not the levels in Warframe) I can agree with the suits being made of the technocyte virus. Hayden was the main character in Dark Sectors, and when he was infected, is arm became like a warframe suit of armor. Therefore, maybe after some exposure to the Void the Orokin also used the twisted few that returned and clad them in biologically advanced armor.

Crazy lore DE, where'd you come up with this? lol

I have to agree with HillsAndTheSea. He made some good points.

Like how can you explain that we, as the players, are capable of selling said Warframes?. I mean wouldn't that mean that we are stripping a fellow Tenno of his/her Warframe for meager 10000 credits?. That doesn't sound very honorable or smart to me and as i recall correctly Tenno are supposed to be rather honorable People, with them upholding the balance and all that stuff. Besides if that was supposed to be true, the Tenno wearing the Frame would surely also have a say in that and not just be all cool with it, while someone else is selling their Warframe to some shady Corpus.

Please. Read it. I stated there is tons of inconsistencies in game with current lore that do not make any sense. But from a Lore standpoint. Separating the Game from the story. This is what I find to be true.

Just give it a read man.

Edited by RustyNaps

This is a nice recap of the lore we have so far I am not sure how you came up with the white T-CYTE theory but it would explain how its so easy for the towers to capture intruders and if the technocyte in warframe works the same as in dark sector it would make sense to use it as a neural link for controlling the guards.

As for the theory that one tenno can use any of the warframes the lore is not conclusive either way but implies that each frame has a different tenno wearing it and if we use logic and common sense we can see that the only way that the tenno who wears the saryn warframe could fit into say nekros is if the tenno are capable of rapid shape shifting which so far we have seen zero evidence of

or if the tenno are midgets that are much smaller than the warframes which creates the question of why the orokin did not just make all the frames the same size and sex which would probably make logistics much easier.

As for the theory that one tenno can use any of the warframes the lore is not conclusive either way but implies that each frame has a different tenno wearing it and if we use logic and common sense we can see that the only way that the tenno who wears the saryn warframe could fit into say nekros is if the tenno are capable of rapid shape shifting which so far we have seen zero evidence of

or if the tenno are midgets that are much smaller than the warframes which creates the question of why the orokin did not just make all the frames the same size and sex which would probably make logistics much easier.

Exactly. I was trying to make that point as clear as possible. It is true that each Tenno is an individual that each suit is made for the Tenno with a certain power. No where does anything show or state lore wise that we are shape shifting creatures putting on suits.

I like you. You get it. I wish I could +1 your profile!

That was a good read. Hope you piece together more, when the Rhino Prime codex comes out as well. 

I will be doing so hopefully. Gotta remember this thread exists!

I have a problem about forgetting to update threads. Darn you work force!

The thing that concerns me about the "all Warframes are different Tenno" theory is the upcoming Focus system. Focus system implies that "you upgrade your Tenno", as in there's only one wearing each suit. How are you going to adress that?

Huh? No no no. The Focus system is like honing skills not direct upgrades to a person. 

And the "all Warframes are different Tenno" theory isn't a theory. It's a fact. Go read Excalibur Primes logs and you'll see it says each suit was made for a different Tenno with different powers.

Each Warframe is indeed a different Tenno.