Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Construction

Educated_Beast

Question

So the clan I was in began to play other games and I am now the lead designer.  I've got some great ideas to make things convenient and organized so I start to draw up some ideas on paper. 

I then create a grandest hall and pay platinum to rush the build so I can see my ideas materialize.  Then I try to delete some of the older rushed construction and to my disappointment, I cannot delete old clan halls without first deleting the grand halls I just paid platinum to rush. 

Since I have to build them in that order, it is actually impossible to build to the layout I desire.  It makes for a very linear build.  Is there anyway to delete a prerequisite building (i.e. delete a clan hall so I can use it in another location)? 

I want the dojo to center around the grandest hall with the research labs in close proximity.  So the rooms used most are quickly accessible.

I was willing to live with the fact I had to delete some reactors and build some simultaneously and wait a few days.  I'm not willing to build a new dojo that is laid out just as badly as the existing one.  It takes forever to get to the research labs! 

If we can't delete clan halls and rebuild them in a different location, why cant we build two clan halls.  At least then I could delete the one I did not want. 

8 answers to this question

This^

I can't support this enough.
Prerequisite clan halls not losing their 'prerequisite' status when the next along is finished building is so irritating.
That and the really bad decorating tools available right now to fill the vast empty spaces we can't delete.

Unfortunately what you're experiencing is exactly what you're supposed to, and it's a massive pain in the @ss.

Edited by MrNonApplicable

Its easier to show than describe but basically want the research labs right off the lower end of the grandest hall closest to the spawn point.  However, I cant place them like I would like since there is a grand hall in the way.  I intended to build the grand hall on the north side instead of south, but I cant build two...

I also can't use the south door since its connected to an elevator that connects to the old clan hall.  I'm stuck with this design.  There is no way out. 

I'm just going to leave it alone until DE makes these changes.  It is impossible to make a organized dojo that is not extremely linear. 

Edited by Educated_Beast

I'm just going to leave it alone until DE makes these changes.  It is impossible to make a organized dojo that is not extremely linear. 

Yeah, good luck with that, you might be waiting a very long time, this is an issue that has been left un-addressed for a very long time.

Hi, I understand your problem. I am the lead designer of my clan too.
It is possible to create the layout you are really desire. But It takes times,calculation, and efforts.
We making a lot of dummy temporary rooms. For example you need to build some reactor room first to suffice the energy, then destroy it another day.
I suggest you planning everything step by step and you can manage it. I know it is easier to DE to fix this, but we don't know it will happen or when it will happen.

And don't forget, you can change spawn room at the grandest hall

For proof I give you our layout.

Destroy every room is easier than continue the old design. we take 2 weeks to make it like this.

Here is my clan's dojo layout:

- Map : 
1st floor:

fiUJGHA.jpg

2nd floor:

tm6PQ0x.jpg

3rd floor:

6j1uhqI.jpg

Edited by Dracobite