Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Effects Of Steam On Warframe

Tocrot

Since warframe was put on steam players increased and by the month of march and april. but so did the idiot count increase example alerts theres like 4 with the same name and the topic and the forum became instagram ..no one cares if you sell you mod

I *think* i understand you are saying that the increase in players by exposure to steam has brought in a whole host of.... undesirables?

I think the opposite, well, in game at least i've met a lot of good players starting out that i've helped and had great games with.

I remember back at the beginning of CB there really wasn't that many people around, it was hard to find squads to do the harder content with, A lot more planets lay desolate than they do today.

Every game has the types of people you are complaining about, just suck it up and move on. More players = more money to the game = more game to play.

Edited by ethics

Oh noes, another "back in ClosedBeta it was so much better" Post.

Of course you get more idiots when the game gets bigger but that does not mean the Steam Community is to blame for.

Putting the Game on Steam was a good move. It brings new p(l)ayers and makes it more popular. Do you really want the game just to have a few hundred members?

If you don't like being put in random groups with "idiots" just find some friends and play with them.

As for more Forum posts: every big Game has those Problems. Check out the LoL or WoW Boards i dare you!

I also don't see the Problem if someone asks a question that may have been answered before. Sure he could have used the search but instead he is asking the community for help, better burn him alive for that!

Since warframe was put on steam players increased and by the month of march and april. but so did the idiot count increase example alerts theres like 4 with the same name and the topic and the forum became instagram ..no one cares if you sell you mod

1) Can't sell mods.

2) The spamming was because I didn't see ANY Threads that were up. All the people who posted probably had the same idea. If you noticed, all the similar posts in the alerts section were because of how EAGER we were to help.

3) The only undesirables are people like yourself.

I think that putting warframe on steam brought to many problems with it. All new steam players just test the game! they don't play it! if they host you lag out (not with everyone). And alot of the steam players are lazy and just stay in the spawn while i am killing every enemy.

I don't like steam :(

1) Can't sell mods.

2) The spamming was because I didn't see ANY Threads that were up. All the people who posted probably had the same idea. If you noticed, all the similar posts in the alerts section were because of how EAGER we were to help.

3) The only undesirables are people like yourself.

You can sell mods

I think that putting warframe on steam brought to many problems with it. All new steam players just test the game! they don't play it! if they host you lag out (not with everyone). And alot of the steam players are lazy and just stay in the spawn while i am killing every enemy.

I don't like steam :(

How do you know the 'lazy' players are the ones using Steam?

OP likes making assumptions and so does this poster.

Edited by Thirdstar

The more, the merrier.

In game effect is quite spectacular. The number of existing squads in low level planet are dramatically increased.

However, the forum topic also increase as well. Some of them good and constructive, some of them....not so much. It's bearable effect since bigger population = more diverse opinions.

The more, the merrier.

In game effect is quite spectacular. The number of existing squads in low level planet are dramatically increased.

However, the forum topic also increase as well. Some of them good and constructive, some of them....not so much. It's bearable effect since bigger population = more diverse opinions.

Indeed. Also, the number of new players is always directly tied into the success of the game.

Jumping into conclucions i see, not sure it will yield accurate results though,

I've never heard about this game before it appeared on steam (Blasphemy! I know), still don't consider myself lazy bum, unless teammates/life force my hand and i have to extract earlier (that is if Rushing considered laziness).

Yeah, Steam did bring in some...less than intelligible players, but that happens with every game.

Those that played Tribes: Ascend will know exactly what I mean.

But.

The pros really do outweigh the cons.

The game needed more players, more players mean more money.

The devs need the money to keep the game going, and anything that keeps this amazing game alive is worth dealing with, in my opinion.

All you've got to do is find the smart players, and try to play with them more often.

I've got a bunch of players on my friends list who I know are great to group with, I just join them when I'm looking for a game.

Yeah, Steam did bring in some...less than intelligible players, but that happens with every game.

Those that played Tribes: Ascend will know exactly what I mean.

But.

The pros really do outweigh the cons.

The game needed more players, more players mean more money.

The devs need the money to keep the game going, and anything that keeps this amazing game alive is worth dealing with, in my opinion.

All you've got to do is find the smart players, and try to play with them more often.

I've got a bunch of players on my friends list who I know are great to group with, I just join them when I'm looking for a game.

^This.