The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Releasing The Aklato Prime And Dual Skana Prime [Please Be Civil And Constructive]

Mesyra

The bigger issue with this, is the legal issues involved.

The items were sold and advertised as exclusive, to change that from exclusive to not exclusive after they have been sold, is pretty much illegal in a lot of countries.

So, basically, you're asking DE to risk opening themselves up to legal action and potential grounds for mass-refunds all so you don't feel left out?

... Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

Again no its not

Assuming you can even sue DE over this

Youd lose quickly

Nothing was said about dual weapons

You wanted lato and skana and excali prime and got that

Different versions or entirely different weapons are something entirely aside

I have to say it really looks bad for everyone and kinda proves my earlier point about a poll. Since ive seen quite a few "no get over it close thread" replies from founders. Those who are unwilling to even understand an argument or at least try to think past their own ideals. Which makes it look like many founders are closed minded to anything even slightly resembling their items. (a factor could be that some are just tired of arguing about it but that means they are just wasting their time posting trivial "mine now gtfo" comments)

In the end the OP idea doesnt solve anything. Its merely asking for another version. Reasoning behind that could be placed on mastery, look, shiny collectors value, preference for those weapon types, focus system with pvp, etc. Its not a breach of the founders agreement despite how much many founders would like it to be. (that is a cold hard fact that many may not like as even changing it slightly it can be pawned off as a separate item)

In the spirit maybe but that varies from person to person and technically only forms a suggestion over the actual decision. Which doesn't mean its an instant no just because DE would fear founders throwing a fit. It means its something to help weigh the decision just like the suggestions given. Though it seems like many believe that DE will just blindly obey founders on the issue "just cuz founders."

The items were sold and advertised as exclusive, to change that from exclusive to not exclusive after they have been sold, is pretty much illegal in a lot of countries.

So, basically, you're asking DE to risk opening themselves up to legal action and potential grounds for mass-refunds all so you don't feel left out?

They promised you single variants would not be re released. Within legal technicality it means nothing vs dual variants because its not exactly worded that there will never be another weapon sharing the name lato/skana prime. By not having that clearly outlined they fall within their right to make ak versions. Because it was not exactly promised that another variant wouldn't come out. You can try to rationalize it to having 2 of the single variants in each hand however since you cannot freely switch to using 1 of them (besides carrying a datamass) making the fact is they need to be used in unison. Otherwise they do not have the same functionality as a single one. Thus making them a separate weapon of lato/skana being tied together by an invisible string.

(o.o nunchucks OMG aklato prime nunchucks)

Edited by dragonkingdx

but they are not releasing the founders only gear. that is the whole point of the thread. you were given the lato, skana, and excalibur prime, not the aklato, or the dual skana prime.

on a side note, all these people saying legal things, do you know how much a lawyer costs? >.>

Again no its not

Youd lose quickly

Are you actually $&*&*#(%&?

Like, serious question, I really want to know, cause, I'll feel bad if you are.

No, it wouldnt

The founders would keep what they got an wanted

Its funny because in this case the founders are the killing ones

Nice example

Again no its not

Youd lose quickly

Just give me one valid reason why should they compromise? Crying threads dont affect them in any way.

warframe_founders1_thumb.jpg

Now, everyone, repeat after me.

"Items which will Never be available again."

What are you not getting about this?

What does DE stand to gain from pissing out founders by pulling bullS#&$ like "Oh, well, technically..."

To appease some spoiled kids who are jealous of some other kids having a shiner rattle?

Are you people serious? Do you really think DE is that dumb?

Grow up, enjoy the game, stop *@##$ing because you didn't help found the game.

Are you actually $&*&*#(%&?

Like, serious question, I really want to know, cause, I'll feel bad if you are.

Great response

Totally blew my point away

+1

What does DE stand to gain from &!$$ing out founders by pulling bullS#&$ like "Oh, well, technically..."

To appease some spoiled kids who are jealous of some other kids having a shiner rattle?

As soon as the Lato and Skana prime themselves are available we can have this argument

Until then this is irrelevant derailment

Just give me one valid reason why should they compromise? Crying threads dont affect them in any way.

Why not

What do they have to lose?

Nothing?

What do they have to gain?

Cool new weapons?

Win win situation

High five me?

Edited by Azawarau

they are not compromising. nothing about this thread even concerns founders. these are not their weapons. these are a different item. they wouldn't even have the same stats. "compromising" doesnt affect this situation in any way.

What does DE stand to gain from &!$$ing out founders by pulling bullS#&$ like "Oh, well, technically..."

wrong thread, search for "release founders weapons again" and post that there, not "release akimbo lato prime / dual skana prime weapons"

they are not compromising. nothing about this thread even concerns founders. these are not their weapons. these are a different item. they wouldn't even have the same stats. "compromising" doesnt affect this situation in any way.

You're asking for founder "Items".

Items were advertised as "Items" not "Stats".

"Items" includes the actual item, the appearance of the item, etc.

Generally "Items" means the properties of an object. Not just the stats it has in a video game.

So, basically, you're asking for founder cosmetics, but, two of them, as if that's not just the same item copied and pasted.

And arguing some dumb technicality, which if anyone went with would just be insulting.

So, please, by all means, find somewhere in which DE states the items in question are just the stats, and do not include the appearance of the item.

Until then...

Edited by Cingal

wrong thread, search for "release founders weapons again" and post that there, not "release akimbo lato prime / dual skana prime weapons"

Problem is that Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime are just dual versions of Founders weapons. And that is a bit grey area when you look at what DE promised.

While I think it sucks that I'll never get to play with the founders weapons but I understand completely.  It is the one thing that will set them apart in game from everyone else and they gambled real cash on the deal.  Even tho I really want them and think it was a bad decision it is one of those I will accept and live with.  

What I am not okay is with all the event weapons and mods that appear during events and never get added into game after the event is over.  Or weapons that mysteriously disappear from the market to never show its face again.

These should be available for everyone. Whether it is a yearly repeat of the event or through new events or mission types or whatever it doesn't matter. Some of these now missing or exclusive weapons could wind up being someones new favorite that keeps them in the game longer, makes them want to buy plat for a new bluetato and other items to go along with it.

Exclusive event rewards should NOT be new weapons but only skins for existing ones that stand out and will show people that you were there. Examples are a Wraith skin for your Strun instead of a whole new weapon, event emblems (*gasp* we have those), syandanna's, bobbleheads for your ship/dojo, statues/placards/stuff for your ship/dojo, profile Icons and more.

This game is still stated to be in beta. To have such a vast amount of exclusive event items for a game to be unavailable for the full release would be a critical fault.  There is much time to adjust this in which I hope they do.

Thats my 2plat tho.

Edited by Judge_Hellboy

Problem is that Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime are just dual versions of Founders weapons. And that is a bit grey area when you look at what DE promised.

They arent the items promised though

Just similar

Like braton and braton Vandal

If we were going by that logic then noone should have Excalibur or Lato or Skana period

Thing is, they're dual versions of founders weapons. Meaning it does involve them. Plus the dual prime weapons require 2 of the weapon and a link to build so... yeah it would require the weapons be released.

Not necessarily

There would have to be a different recipe or an event for it or pay otherwise noone could make it

Here's my solution:

Release Aklato and Dual Skana Prime as 2 white boxes 

The stats would be what they should be, upgraded versions of the normal ones.

And on the sides wirtten in gold aklato prime, dual skana prime

You wanted the weapons right? well there you go.

One thing I think would help reduce the amount of well negativity is if the founders would be less rude to us plebs cause it does nothing but leave a bad impression. :P

Ive kind of been a jerk in this thread admittedly but not without some reason and good foundation for an argument

You're asking for founder "Items".

Items were advertised as "Items" not "Stats".

"Items" includes the actual item, the appearance of the item, etc.

Generally "Items" means the properties of an object. Not just the stats it has in a video game.

So, basically, you're asking for founder cosmetics, but, two of them, as if that's not just the same item copied and pasted.

And arguing some dumb technicality, which if anyone went with would just be insulting.

So, please, by all means, find somewhere in which DE states the items in question are just the stats, and do not include the appearance of the item.

Until then...

I am actually asking fo aklato prime and dual skana prime, not the founders weapons, and not two founders weapons. did I ask for 2 lato primes? did I ask for two skana primes? no and no. 

I am actually asking fo aklato prime and dual skana prime, not the founders weapons, and not two founders weapons. did I ask for 2 lato primes? did I ask for two skana primes? no and no. 

Dual literally means 2. You are literally asking for 2 of each weapon, yes.

Here's my solution:

Release Aklato and Dual Skana Prime as 2 white boxes 

The stats would be what they should be, upgraded versions of the normal ones.

And on the sides wirtten in gold aklato prime, dual skana prime

You wanted the weapons right? well there you go.

Well! You're in luck.

I'm secretly a developer, and this is an idea we've been working with.

I'd like to present to you, the initial concept of this idea.

Ladies and gentlemen.

Presenting...

pSOG72v.png

Now, obviously, it needs work. But, I think this is just the solution to this problem.

Personally I would love Skana Prime and Lato Prime, but as I wasn't able to invest in the Founders package I'll never get them, because they are exclusive to those that did.

I can live with that.

This is the way it is, and this is the way it should remain.

Edited by 2old4gamez

"I want to kill 7 puppies. Jim wants to kill 0 puppies. Why can't we just compromise? I've even offered to go as low as 2 puppies, but that darn stubborn Jim just won't budge."

Counter-offer, how about we kill 70 puppies?

Anyhow, so how about DE makes dual Aklato prime and dual skana prime, and give them only to the founders?

And, in return, non-founders will stop with their whining.