Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Drops

Minissa

Question

I know this topic has come up before, but I encountered it yesterday for the first time. Will try to cross-post as a bug since I'd like a definitive answer.

Encountered Stalker yesterday. I got the lights and the taunts, although the Boss he was taking me to task for was one for which I had never gotten an email (email mentioned Lephantis; he was telling me Bad Tenno for killing Kril). I warned my party, and we took him down. We think the final blow was stricken by our Loki, who said Stalker had dropped right near a still-working Decoy. We stopped mid-mission and searched pretty creatively over the whole area near the Decoy but got no sign of a BP---no purple or pink orb, no new BP in inventory, no new Stalker weapon in anyone's foundry.

Invasion missions had been buggy for myself as well as squad-mates, esp if you fought *for* the Grineer (esp the breaching pod screen, which often halted the mission due to no breaching pod or the pod dropping you behind itself in a spot you couldn't get out of), so I thought this was part of general bugginess, but reading over the forums now I'm not so sure. Can someone respond to this:

*Should* there have been a BP drop if we got him? I kind of thought yes. And was really proud that I understood immediately that it was Stalky and rallied the troops, knew what to look for if he teleported, knew to look for him reappearing, took him down, etc. Usually kind of lame on recognizing these things...

Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Still puzzled and feeling deprived of a justified reward!

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure what the official drop rate is for stalker weapon blueprints but they definitely do not drop every time you kill stalker. I got no weapons for the first six or seven times I took him out. It seems to be about 1/3 of the time he drops a blueprint in my experience with dread being the most common by far, hate being rare, and despair being an urban legend.

My guess just from all the encounters i've had is that he drops a BP about 15% of the time.  I don't recall the numbers that were data mined back right before they encrypted the tables.  But more often than not he does NOT drop a BP.

At least he drops serration most commonly now, he used to drop slash dash of all friggen mods.  But there is still a chance he won't drop a mod, and as far as I know he can't be desecrated like harvester or G3.

he never has a certain drop of a goodie, thankfully hes not an easy killed piniata, instead of blueprints, he typically drops a boggo standard mod, slash dash, serration, etc etc or maybe nothing at all.

hes not something thats intended to be "farmed" and a kill on him doesnt ensure a weapon bp drop, imho thats how it should be.