Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultimate Game Card Retiring This Year.

virgatetomb

Copied from the Email they sent out if you subscribed to them. 

"After seven years of having fun helping gamers pay online for virtual currency in their favorite games, Ultimate Game Card (UGC) will be retiring later this year. Ultimate Game Cards are in the process of being pulled from all retail stores and removed from online resellers. Consumers will no longer be able to buy Ultimate Game Cards after August 15th, 2014.

The last day to redeem your activated UGC codes will be September 30, 2014. So please remember to redeem your UGC codes before that date.

Related to the UGC product retirement, UltimatePoints (UPoints) will also be shut down. The last day to redeem your UPoints will be October 31, 2014.

Please note that some games might stop accepting Ultimate Game Cards and UPoints before the retirement dates so be sure to redeem your cards and points sooner rather than later!"

Just thought I'd let everyone know if they weren't aware. 

Edited by virgatetomb

I find this to be quite upsetting. I used to buy them when I was younger because I didn't have/use a debit card or use any other payment methods. It was fast easy and had a guy with fire hair on the cover...

I remember 2 months ago I bought a $25 UGC, have yet to see that $25 I used to convert it into platinum.

Support was awful and did not help me and even with the receipt, I couldn't get my money back or get a new card.

Good to see UGC is going bye-bye.

Karma Koin is much better, I use it for both Vindictus and Warframe whenever I feel like putting some money into Warframe since Vindictus gets expensive trying to save up for that lvl 80 sht.

And with Karma Koin cards, you don't have to be careful or worry about scratching off the pin like you would with UGC which seemed like they were glued onto the back. Karma Koin pin #'s are actually printed onto the card, so you can scratch away the grey area as hard and as fast as you want and the pin # will still be there, do that with a UGC pin # and say bye-bye to whatever you put into that card.

Also.

Should've been in the Off-Topic section.

Edited by __Kanade__