Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels And Their Weapons Are Not Distinct Enough.

Yezzik

Of the six Sentinels in the game, there's only three I'd consider worth taking--Carrier because sucking up loot for me is a godsend, Helios so it can scan for me and Shade so it can save my &#!. I can understand the Dethcube being entirely focused on dealing out the pain, but Djinn and Wyrm need something more to them beyond each having a different type of CC ability.

The weapons are equally bland. There's three that take rifle mods, one pistol, one "melee" and one shotgun. But weapons are much more than just that. The Deth Machine Rifle is the firerate weapon--excellent--but where's the crit weapon? The status chance weapon?

[idea: Stinger]

Fatal Attraction brings your enemies close for easier hacking, and the Stinger is a poison dart weapon. This means the Stinger is the prime candidate to be the status chance weapon, so as to better utilise the proc.

[idea: Laser Rifle]

Crowd Dispersion stuns enemies that get too close--an ideal ability for a Sentinel that is best used at range. I suggest changing the Laser Rifle to a sniper rifle, making it the Sentinel crit weapon, and giving Warrior as large a range as possible to facilitate the sniper role.

We're missing something, I'm sure we are... we need a defensive Sentinel. A... healer? Perhaps. A seventh Sentinel, one with a precept that passively healed either just its master or friendlies in an AoE around itself, would be a great addition to the team. But what weapon would it have? We've already got a shotgun, a pistol, a melee-ish weapon, a sniper rifle, a machine gun and a status weapon.

What's left?

Well... who says all Sentinels need to have a weapon? Maybe the defensive one could be pure support. If it had to have a gun, it could have one that fired Energy or Health at allies (in the latter case, it might have to be unique to the healer Sentinel).

Personally, this is how I feel about what weapons the Sentinels should have to fit their respective roles better:

Wyrm: Since he's meant to be a CC oriented sentinel, replace his laser rifle with a new weapon, and EMP grenade launcher. Low damage and fire rate, but has a significant AoE and status chance, allowing you to inflict elemental status effects upon small crowds of enemies simultaneously. Sacrifices high single-target damage for CC and utility.

Shade and Helios: Definitely get rid of Shade's burst pistol and replace it with a stealth oriented weapon: a mini-Lanka. This pseudo-sniper is silent, deals moderate damage, and has a 100% chance to shock a target (allowing you to finish them off), but is very slow to charge, making it more ideal for covertly taking out single targets stealthily rather than taking on a heavy group of enemies.

I'm grouping Shade and Helios together though since I feel like, if they were to replace the burst pistol, their weapons would then be interchangeable and I honestly don't know which one would be more fitting for which (I'll leave that up to you guys).

Djinn: I like the idea of a status chance boost, maybe even switch it over to Gas Damage to give him a bit of AoE with his attacks (essentially making his weapon a hybrid of the DMG and Wyrm's grenade launcher).

Dethcube: Fine as is.

Carrier: Also fine as is.

[idea: Stinger]

Fatal Attraction brings your enemies close for easier hacking, and the Stinger is a poison dart weapon. This means the Stinger is the prime candidate to be the status chance weapon, so as to better utilise the proc..

Djinn: I like the idea of a status chance boost, maybe even switch it over to Gas Damage to give him a bit of AoE with his attacks (essentially making his weapon a hybrid of the DMG and Wyrm's grenade launcher).

I really love stinger and I've forma'd it 3 times. Probably gonna have to add more to fit everything I want. I definitely like the idea of Increasing the status chance on this weapon since its real use is only toxin damage. Tho, I don't know about Gas damage being default because you can just simply make that by putting Hellfire or Wildfire. Since I perfer my Stinger to do Viral Damage anyway.

Edited by Magnagar88

havent seen a flux rifle esque weapon on a sentinel yet

perhaps a healing laser that when the laser hits an ally it restores health?

A Tenno clantech sentinel that was totes stolen from the Corpus Shield Osprey? Yes please.

Main weapon is an AoE minor shield regenerate rate and minor shield capacity buff ability just like the Shield Ospreys. Uses the Energy Color of the sentinel.

Secondary weapon is a suicide run at a teammate that fully regenerates the teammate's shields and health, but disables the sentinel (and all precepts equipped on the sentinel.) The sentinel regenerates itself after 45 seconds.

The "weapon" for the sentinel is the AoE shield beam, as a shotgun class weapon; it uses shotgun mods. Multishot increases the shieldregen/sec, elemental mods increase elemental resist by a fraction of the card's value. This "weapon" cannot critically hit.

As a sentinel weapon, it may be equipped on another sentinel; but the sentinel precept itself enables the increased shield capacity effect. Essentially the weapon is a team shield recharge rate aura.