The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Lots Of Crashes

Prod_Crewman

its not just you or the speed room eather the vault literaly crashes me every time now..some one int he game finds it and the game suddenly give me a hardware error and crashes the game..even tried updateing all my pc drivers wich the game was saying was the issue nothing helped gota wait till next up date hopefully DE fixes this...

I've also run into the same issue but I don't even have to be in the void for this to happen to me. All I do is start the game and it crashes immediately. When switching hosts, or trying to launch a mission the game will also crash. 2 or fewer party members seems to be ok but anything over that leads to game instability. Void missions have become very choppy even on the same LAN. 

Updating drivers, windows and hardware hasn't resolved the issue either and this has only been since the last couple of updates about 2-3 months ago and been getting worse and worse. 

ok so i went out this morning got new ram reupdated every thing practicly upgraded my pc new router spent around 400$ to fix it still crashes on the dragon vault.....DE its not my pc this time please fix this...got around atleast a terrabyte free of space now..so i guess thats decent

Edited by scaily

So i've recently bought 2500$ gaming rig, it's brand new, i've installed warframe, updated everything and... everytime i start a mission it crashed after 3 minutes, every friking time with a code war-252272. Idk what is going on, but i literally can't play at all...

• 1 month later...

Update 14 thrashed my game, I have crashed dozens of times. I have tried:

-  reinstalling

-  replace hdd

-  delete warframe directory and rebuild cache

-  update all drivers

-  disable dx11

-  memcheck/chkdsk /r

-  windowed mode

-  disable all optional settings

-  minimal pixels 800x600

etc etc etc

Crashes typically happen during a sound, like when I hit something. I don't usually crash in solo mode, but sometimes. I don't have any other software running (T-SQL 2008 is on standby). I'm on 32-bit Vista. The computer is modern and very capable. I have 64-bit Ubuntu on a separate drive to avoid interference (Ubuntu is a flavor of Linux that is vastly better than Vista). I have no problems with any other software. That includes pretty much every 3D game published in the last ten years.

Conclusion: you screwed it up.

Recommended Action: unscrew it

I can see by the numbers spinning in the crash reporting screen that literally tens of thousands of other people are crashing. Not counting people that skip the report. One would think this would be a priority.

Please. Fix. The. Game.

Thank you

PS, aside from crashing on just about every mission, and an unfortunate number of fatal bugs in the questlines, I really like update 14. Let's clean up these crashes so I can test it, now.

Guess I am not the only poor guy with this issue. I crash just about on everything that I try to do on Warframe. And these crashes are starting to cause complete computer lock-up, forcing me to flip the switch and turn the computer off the hard way.

Guess I am not the only poor guy with this issue. I crash just about on everything that I try to do on Warframe. And these crashes are starting to cause complete computer lock-up, forcing me to flip the switch and turn the computer off the hard way.

I'm getting the BSOD also, on occasion. Let's say four or five BSOD's out of around 30 crashes.

Update: in an effort to point out that a very thorough (very helpful) member of the community had forgotten something, I mentioned SpeedFan in another thread. SpeedFan is the open-source overclocking and performance optimization tool. Strictly so I could explain it properly, I ran a set of SpeedFan charts and inadvertently recorded a Warframe crash. Guess what?

The crash was caused by GPU overtemp. There's no doubt that my GPU started overheating with v14, and to that extent you could possibly blame DE. But whatever demands DE makes of my system, I feel that I should really make a system that can handle it. So I did.

I rigged an external air pump (just a big fan that blows a lot of cool air) to my video card and cleaned out the dust. This had the effect of greatly improving my ability to handle high GPU loads. I was baffled at first when I could not even start the game, but that turned out to be the video card scaling up its GPU clock beyond what Warframe was comfortable with. I set a hard limit on the upper GPU clock speed and have not crashed in a few games since.

Bottom line: IF YOU ARE CRASHING, especially to blue screens or power-down, then you need to run SpeedFan and go to the Charts section, enable all temperature charting, and record a crash. You will see the problem.

Some of the crashing we are seeing is due to increased GPU loading. SpeedFan is free and safe (open source, anyone can check there is nothing nasty in the code).

At the very least, run some compressed air backwards through your video card. Dust collects on the air intake side of the heatsink, so blowing air into the video card air intake is unlikely to dislodge the dust that matters. So find the exhaust, and blow the dust out in reverse. I don't really expect you to put an air pump on your video card, but you could slow down the memory clock a little to save on heat. You probably won't notice the nano-second longer it takes to load textures.

Edited by Derpo

So i've recently bought 2500$ gaming rig, it's brand new, i've installed warframe, updated everything and... everytime i start a mission it crashed after 3 minutes, every friking time with a code war-252272. Idk what is going on, but i literally can't play at all...

Hi Nurgel,

First I would like to apologize for the crashes that you are experiencing -- we are trying to take care of these problems as they arrive. Unfortunately WAR-252272 does not appear to be in our database. Could you please post an updated WAR-#### if you experience this crash again?

Dmitri, he probably meant WAR-272272, since we were in the 27xxxx's when he crashed.

Thank you for this, Derpo.

Nurgel, can you try running the game in DirectX 9 instead of DirectX 11 and see if that solves your crashes? If not, could you please provide a crash link for the latest crash? I recommend the same for anyone else who is experiencing the WAR-272272 crash.

Getting to the point where i've had enough,i get around 2-3 hours a day to play and i'm crashing to windows around 8-14 times.

Tried everything from updating card/windows/firewall etc to downscaling to Dx9,switching back to a single monitor,lower res.

Gonna give up for awhile.

This PC BSOD issue has become increasingly common since I've been playing Warframe.

My rig runs 3x GTX Titans, so there is no graphical issues, yet I seem to get BSODs only when playing Warframe.

I have tried turning V-sync on (as graphics cards will work overtime with it off to push far too many frame rates), but makes no difference.

I have NO issues in any other game, or with anything else, just this. It seems ver odd for a game that isn't graphically intensive at all.

When I started playing in May, there were the odd issue, now I can have 3 or 4 BSODs in a 3-4 hour session on Warframe....

Any help with that would be appreciated.

I've even tried disabling SLi and playing with just one GPU, which makes no difference.

Overheating isn't an issue.

Seems this is the same problem for me too after loading speedfan. Haven't tried game yet.  I have a 2 x 1 GB corssfire set up but only use 1 of the cards (crossfire doesn't seem to work with many programs).  Inactive card was showing mid 30 temp, active one was at over 50.

EDIT:  Just ran it now with speedfan watching temps.  And yep, as soon as I get into the ship, my GPU temp is going up fast.  Even tried applying crossfire settings to see if it shared the load and the temp as well, but no, same GPU went up, even with fan jacked up to 100%.

Perhaps DE needs to change the min system requirements of the game with U14 from a 1Gb GPU to a 2 Gb??

Edited by Sylviras

Well, I also am having many crashes, even after having tried DX9. I have an onboard gpu interface to check all aspects of my card and am seeing no real increase in temp at the time of crashes. 

Funny thing is my crashes 9/10 didn't even bring up the warframe crash reporter and instead was just my system saying there was a fatal error and the program stopped responding and needs to shut down.

No offense to your onboard temp monitor, Dat, but SpeedFan will give you a persistent chart of the temp, allowing you to see what happened at the time of the crash. There's no way your onboard temp monitor can do that. You're only making yourself crazy by not checking what's actually and for-real happening. Your choice.

GPU with warframe running and just sitting in planet mission screen, with GPU fans at 100% via speedfan, has temp hitting 44 and slowly rising.  As soon as I quit out it steadily drops down to around 30 / 31.  If it's giving me problems while just sitting in planet selection, there's no way it can handle running an actual mission.

So, updating this situation.  Tried running Hieracon (pluto dark sector survival) mission, was running public game but was the only one in the mission.  Ran it for about 6 minutes (hit 5 minute mark and went to extraction).  I turned down the GPU clock to 500 and the memory clock to 800 (min. settings) with the fan at 100%.  Max temp hovered around the 47 / 48 deg C mark.  The gameplay was a bit more jerky than usual, and in my ship the lack of smooth graphics transitions is quite noticable, but the game did not crash!  Frame rate is reading at about 25 fps with frame time about 38 - 40 ms, obviously from having to turn the clocking on the GPU right down. 

It's not good, considering before U14 I had no problem running the GPU at default settings and successfully running the game at twice the fps of this trial run, but hopefully DE is reading this and can use this info to further fix the problem.

Edited by Sylviras

Ok, strange.  Have tried running E prime with other players in the squad, only this time I maxed my GPU clocks (GPU: 805 Mhz / Mem: 960 mhz) on both GPU's with 100% fan speeds.  And I haven't crashed, even with mirages on the team!  Also, speedfan is telling me one of the GPU's is running hot at 53 deg C, yet I beleive stats for my cards (Radeon HD 6570) states it should easily handle that temp range.  Not sure what to make of this.

Edited by Sylviras

Game crashes every time that I finish a mission.  Some of the time I get the rewards and sometimes I don't.  Says that it can't find the session or it's unavailable.  I just completed the Plasma Sword mission and it crashed at the rewards screen.  So when I log back in I have to do the alert over again.

Edited by Kastoremaru

I got a lot of crashes this past few days. Most of them when I load mission, I see everyone full bar but nothing happened. I close game, sometimes client says that the game is running even it is closed so CTLR+ALT+DEL, process and I can see Warframe.exe running. I´ve got problems to connect to server after typing password, works on the second or third try. And also Game crashes after mission saying session unavaible and of course no loot gained. I wonder if it is related to the new design they. Well it is interesting to walk small tenno ship but with all those crashes...Pls fix that ´cause I really like this game.