The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reality Ensues

PsychedelicSnake

dude

its yer civic duty

just do it

unless of course you'd rather NOT have a jury if you ever get in trouble and just let your fate be decided by stupid laws and a single biased individual

You're absolutely correct! It is far better to let your fate be decided by stupid laws and multiple biased individuals. :D

Here's a sure way to get out of it: Get hit by a car on your way in. They can't make you do it if you're in the hospital! :p

I got called in for jury duty.

Quick, I need an adult! Someone give me a loophole to get out of it! The last thing I want is to listen to the problems of people I don't care about.

/brutallyhonest

I've told you before, stay away from my holes!

Also, does the Simpsons advice about saying you're prejudiced against all races not work?

i guess i dont understand

why are ppl so against jury duty? is it really that big of a deal?

You go in. You wait all day.

No. Really. All. Day. There are a metrick fukton of other people there, and it takes at least an hour for each person. And they probably won't get to you that day. So you come in the next day. Then the day after. Over and over until you get called in. Then they question you.

And after allllllll that... there is a chance it was all pointless and they don't want you to be in the jury.

I think it is something along the lines of being forced to take your precious time to deal with problems that have absolutely nothing to do with you. (Never been called in myself, so I couldn't know for sure)

Edited by RyojinOrion

Well in that case I'm in the clear.

yes we live in a racist world, when my Mexican friend was called for jury duty he wanted to get out. But when he was cut before he could try and get out of it he was annoyed. You just have to remember that the judicial system is like the TSA.

Well, personally, if I were to get called for jury duty and not be able to get out of it, I'd automatically vote guilty.  Guilty for wasting my time.

I could think of a laundry list of better, more productive things to do with my time than jury duty.

Well, personally, if I were to get called for jury duty and not be able to get out of it, I'd automatically vote guilty.  Guilty for wasting my time.

I could think of a laundry list of better, more productive things to do with my time than jury duty.

Have you ever seen 12 Angry Men?

That's just... wow.