Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Coming To Xbox One, Did Cross Play Just Go Out The Window?

Satinpuppies

Both Sony and MS really wouldn't want cross play but MS doesn't care about xboxone basically anymore and DE hasn't said anything about not doing cross play it's just gonna be harder. Anyways I'd love to play with PC players

So, you've necro'd this thread twice now? What gives?

There was something I read about other games being able to give updates server-side. Warframe has no dedicated servers, so...

It seems improbable that Warthunder and FFXIV can both distribute client updates without cert from Sony.  The purpose of cert (making sure content doesn't brick consoles, etc.) doesn't change if the developer/publisher has their own servers.  Clients on both ARE updated, it's not just server-side changes.  

meh warthunder died when they added cross play, warframe is fine how it is i guess.

Warthunder's issues have nothing to do with the cross-play.  Final Fantasy XIV, XI have done just fine cross-platform as well.  DC Universe is also cross-platform, though it's arguably an exception in the sense that Sony runs it.

Warthunder's issues have nothing to do with the cross-play.  Final Fantasy XIV, XI have done just fine cross-platform as well.  DC Universe is also cross-platform, though it's arguably an exception in the sense that Sony runs it.

Except the fact they have even said in game that a lot of their updates are server side which isn't able to do a whole lot (check the build notes) we haven't gotten any kind of real update in 3 months and the players are decelerating fast. and anything they put an update out for is broken for the longest time because they can't fix it immediately. The game turned into a mess after it went cross plat because when long standing gun barrel glitches get fixed they break the flight model or the damage models some how then they can't undo the breakage for another 2 weeks. Then on top of all that the patch they did released ruined the MMR and you can't fly 3.7's or 3's without having 4.7s smashing you to pieces all day. now they are trying to fix that but now they barely peak 18000 players a day and simulator battles are broken now which made a lot of people stop playing so now you can't really even search for sim battles because no one is playing it. Because they have been waiting 3 months for it to be fixed.

Except the fact they have even said in game that a lot of their updates are server side which isn't able to do a whole lot (check the build notes) we haven't gotten any kind of real update in 3 months and the players are decelerating fast...because no one is playing it. Because they have been waiting 3 months for it to be fixed.

As you say yourself, the server-side updates don't do much.  Games like FFXIV push out updates in sync across platforms, and they're still certified.  Warthunder's issue isn't the crossplay, they have more essential issues with their game (and how they treat their customers) imho.

Am I the only one that does *NOT* want cross-platform play?

I play on the PC for many reasons.  One of those reasons is that the PS and XBOX crowd is less-likely to be there.

Pretty much anytime someone says "Am I the only one..." the answer is 'no'.  Even if it's something like "loves Hitler", because opinions are rarely unique.  It makes those statements meaningless for practical purposes.

Of interest here is the fact that DE original promised cross-platform play (it's still in the FAQ), and it obviously didn't make launch.  

As far as your powerful desire to exclude specific people... I have no particular comment on your broad-based prejudices. 

As you say yourself, the server-side updates don't do much.  Games like FFXIV push out updates in sync across platforms, and they're still certified.  Warthunder's issue isn't the crossplay, they have more essential issues with their game (and how they treat their customers) imho.

I agree. Either way the game is dying and Warframe is awesome

entirely missing one very important fact.

warthunder and ff are entirely different games with entirely different control schemes. PvP in warframe xbone and ps4 players would get murderized by pc players unless there was an aggressive auto aim feature for console users which would essentially be an aim bot cheat.

ignoring the fact that DE uses the PC version for testing purposes so that console users don't get the bugs we do. seriously, did any of you consolers read the forums when new mechanics are introduced with updates? the crashes, glitches, bugs, chat instabilities, host instabilities, engine performance degradation, etc that occurs...

do you really want that? on top of being at a disadvantage when it comes to precision and speed? be very careful what you wish for eh? think through all the ramifications.

warthunder and ff are entirely different games with entirely different control schemes. PvP in warframe xbone and ps4 players would get murderized by pc players unless there was an aggressive auto aim feature for console users which would essentially be an aim bot cheat.

ignoring the fact that DE uses the PC version for testing purposes so that console users don't get the bugs we do. seriously, did any of you consolers read the forums when new mechanics are introduced with updates? the crashes, glitches, bugs, chat instabilities, host instabilities, engine performance degradation, etc that occurs...

do you really want that? on top of being at a disadvantage when it comes to precision and speed? be very careful what you wish for eh? think through all the ramifications.

Aiming with a controller is really not that hard even with auto aim turned off.

lol pc players decimate console players on Warthunder. Especially in Warthunder. they can't even use schrage musik. Period they don't have enough buttons.

Yes.  Because it's co-op and PvE mostly anyway.  I've yet to meet or play with a single person in Warframe that cares about or even likes the PvP elements (you find tons of PC people that don't care for the PvP either).  Even in other PC games (like Mass Effect 3 multiplayer), I used a modded scheme to play with a controller instead and was perfectly competent without any aim-assist.

I've played plenty of MMOs etc. that patched regularly and went through iterations with bugs, etc.  I don't really view the PC as a "testing" ground as an excuse. The PC is a wide platform that has to cater to a variety of setups and performance levels.  The PS4 is a fixed platform with capabilities that are known for every single user and specs that never change.  It's demonstrably easier to develop for in that sense.  Being separate from PC hasn't granted us any immunity from chat/host instability, and other bugs, etc. either - it just delays the fixes to the most recent bugs for longer.

Edited by (PS4)Zeylon