Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Smoke Bomb And Berserker Mod

EX-Zanki

According to the wikia, berserker should activate with smoke bomb as if every hit was a critical, i've seen this behavior just the last week in other players, but in my gameplay experience this doesn't happen, is this a bug, or it's DE just nerfed that.

Stealth melee strikes (e.g. any swing that you get in while Cloaked or undetected by the enemy, which can be induced by abilities like Invis, Smokescreen, and Radial Blind) aren't crits, but they'll still trigger Berserker. Basically, if your melee swing makes a yellow number pop out, then it's going to trigger Berserker.

I doubt that they stealth-removed this change, so are you perhaps lagging? Try going into a solo mission with an unmodded (save for a maxed Berserker) weapon with Ash or Loki or something and see if it does anything.

Stealth melee strikes (e.g. any swing that you get in while Cloaked or undetected by the enemy, which can be induced by abilities like Invis, Smokescreen, and Radial Blind) aren't crits, but they'll still trigger Berserker. Basically, if your melee swing makes a yellow number pop out, then it's going to trigger Berserker.

I doubt that they stealth-removed this change, so are you perhaps lagging? Try going into a solo mission with an unmodded (save for a maxed Berserker) weapon with Ash or Loki or something and see if it does anything.

i just tried it solo, it is not triggering berserker... :(

i just tried it solo, it is not triggering berserker... :(

This is bad news. Hold on, logging in and trying it out.

EDIT: 

Confirmed: Stealth multipliers no longer trigger Berserker.

This had better be a glitch.

Edited by SortaRandom

This is bad news. Hold on, logging in and trying it out.

EDIT: 

Confirmed: Stealth multipliers no longer trigger Berserker.

This had better be a glitch.

It was a glitch in the first place since SDM is not crit.  I question the point of a mod that only really works on a handful of weapons, though.  On the other hand working on only 3 frames is just as bad. 

It was a glitch in the first place since SDM is not crit.  I question the point of a mod that only really works on a handful of weapons, though.  On the other hand working on only 3 frames is just as bad. 

Ok if it was a glitch and DE fixed it, but i don't remember any patch note relating to this issue.

Ok if it was a glitch and DE fixed it, but i don't remember any patch note relating to this issue.

Unfortunately patch notes don't always include everything.  I hope eventually they will be more complete but that's the price we pay for regular scheduled updates.  It could also be an unintended change that they weren't aware of.

Edited by RealPandemonium

I question the point of a mod that only really works on a handful of weapons, though.  On the other hand working on only 3 frames is just as bad. 

I guess that's true. But to be completely fair, a mod that works on "a small handful of select melee weapons and three Frames" has more variety than a mod that works on "a small handful of select melee weapons".

I'd love to see Berserker and other critical mods be viable for use on all weapons (which would require a damage system overhaul, of course), but until then, the more options are available to use that mod on, the better. XD